Tony Padilla part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony's main consideration in writing a book was so someone in this entire God forsaken case could offer up something TRUE! A little truth would certainly be a welcome addition, at least to me it would...drowning in this sea of lies and "mistruths" and "misdeeds" and "miscoceptions...:bang:

He said he doesn't know much - just the A's are nice, KC is nice.

How come we believe TP - no offense to TP at all. Just because someone posts here does not mean that they will automatically tell the truth - they could or could not imo.

No one is under oath on WS. I have no reason to doubt TP is telling his truth but I want the case to be over before I finalize my opinions about all of the people who are involved either due to circumstances beyond their control or because they chose to become involved. That's all.

:waitasec:

I think he does not want to be called as a witness - period. I think he came here and said those things so that he can taint himself as far as witnessing is concerned for either side.

I don't think he thinks of us as his "friends". And, I don't blame him for not wanting to have to testify. He's probably sick of the whole thing and wants to get back to his own life.

He doesn't want to get dragged into the case any further than he's already been dragged into it but needs to be sure his legal loose ends are tied up.

That's all I think it was about as he was surprised to hear about the hearing because, like he said, he had not been notified. Also, he wants it to be known that whatever his Uncle chooses to do is apart from him. imo.

I don't think that Tony is likely to be called on to testify. If he knows anything he probably only knows it through others which is largely "hearsay". I think he came on because he was outraged that Baez tried to dupe him by submitting documents that were doctered. He went on the Today Show to say as much and came here and said the same. He obviously does not particularly like being in the media spot-light and based on his couple of brief forrays into such, he doesn't seem to be particularly profficient at dealing with it...I don't think that he meant his comments about KC as an endorsement for her but simply parlayed what he saw in the brief two hour period that he states he spent with her and her family.

I don't know Tony and obviously cannot speak for him.

This is just my opinion.

ETA - I don't think that he has any intention of writing a book about this case. (Again, just my opinion.)

I hope he's not considering writing a book (at this juncture--before the trial). And I wished he'd never "joked" about it.

Why? Because it makes his potential testimony at the trial appear to be prejudiced. Don't you remember all those good witnesses they had in the O.J. trial who simply gave one paid interview (or two) before the trial and therefore they weren't even called as a State's witness/es? [One witness allegedly saw O.J. in the white bronco speeding away from the crime and almost hit their car at an intersection! The State did not call the witness because of the paid interviews this witness gave before trial.] Of course, the State can still call the witness but the defense would make mincemeat of a witness who has said before that they were considering writing a book. While it may be a book of "gospel truths", it still appears to color the witnesses testimony. You know the "appearance of a prejudice" is just as bad as "having a prejudice".

And, for the record, the defense will have a field day with RMorales because he allegedly gave all those interviews to the news tabloids (allegedly for $$$).

I'm gonna get sassy and say, "Mark my words" on this issue. If TP takes the stand, and if anyone from the defense, even tangentially, finds out that TP even joked about writing a book, it will be a cause for grilling. If TP ends up having anything interesting to testify to (regarding something Casey allegedly said or did) then once the defense questions him they will put it in the jurors' minds that he is only testifying the way he is because he wants to put it in a book afterwards and has a personal interest in Casey being found guilty.

There is a reason you are told not to talk about your testimony and not to give interviews (especially PAID interviews).

So true, and I have actually been impressed that most of the players in this case have stayed quiet.

He said he doesn't know much - just the A's are nice, KC is nice.

How come we believe TP - no offense to TP at all. Just because someone posts here does not mean that they will automatically tell the truth - they could or could not imo.

No one is under oath on WS. I have no reason to doubt TP is telling his truth but I want the case to be over before I finalize my opinions about all of the people who are involved either due to circumstances beyond their control or because they chose to become involved. That's all.

:waitasec:

IMO Just because the A's are nice to him doesn't mean that they are nice to everyone else. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure the A's are going to be nice to someone (as long as that person agrees with what they say or do). As far as KC goes, I do not connect the word nice or respectful to anyone that abuses children. JMO

I really, truly took his response to you as a joke at the time and in context. Some members then encouraged him to write a book. I even suggested today that it would be interesting to get an inside look at his profession. I think he probably has some very interesting stories to tell about a lot of different cases. I'm not sure how he'd go about doing it while he's active in his field; maybe if he ever does seriously consider the idea he could change the names and a few identifying details. BUT I also believe he could put together a book on this case alone given the sources at his disposal and his insider knowledge throughout.

I took it as a joke as well.

But the poster brought up an interesting question about why folks say they would buy his, and not Cindys. Cause there really was an out rage over the thought of Cindy buying a book. That is when I thought of it serious and answered seriously. Not because no longer thought it was a joke, but to think about the differences..

I think some folks think it's just Cindy hate. (Besides the point that the hate came from some where, was caused some how..) That they can't get past that thought. "Everyone is mean to Cindy/A's" to see any other reason.

On the Cindy book thread, I stated my reasons why I wouldn't buy such a book. It has nothing to do with hate or revenge towards Cindy. Many others did as well. Yet here comes the question again.

I don't think that Tony is likely to be called on to testify. If he knows anything he probably only knows it through others which is largely "hearsay". I think he came on because he was outraged that Baez tried to dupe him by submitting documents that were doctered. He went on the Today Show to say as much and came here and said the same. He obviously does not particularly like being in the media spot-light and based on his couple of brief forrays into such, he doesn't seem to be particularly profficient at dealing with it...I don't think that he meant his comments about KC as an endorsement for her but simply parlayed what he saw in the brief two hour period that he states he spent with her and her family.

I don't know Tony and obviously cannot speak for him.

This is just my opinion.

ETA - I don't think that he has any intention of writing a book about this case. (Again, just my opinion.)

I doubt that he'll be called, either. What can he say? The Mac and cheese was tasty?

In fact, I doubt that we would have heard from him, again, if it wasn't for JB's screwing with him.

He said he doesn't like the limelight. He's certainly never sought it.

I took it as a joke as well.

But the poster brought up an interesting question about why folks say they would buy his, and not Cindys. Cause there really was an out rage over the thought of Cindy buying a book. That is when I thought of it serious and answered seriously. Not because no longer thought it was a joke, but to think about the differences..

I think some folks think it's just Cindy hate. (Besides the point that the hate came from some where, was caused some how..) That they can't get past that thought. "Everyone is mean to Cindy/A's" to see any other reason.

On the Cindy book thread, I stated my reasons why I wouldn't buy such a book. It has nothing to do with hate or revenge towards Cindy. Many others did as well. Yet here comes the question again.

Yep! I used to make bets with myself re: how long it would take before a closed issue floated back up. (sigh)

I don't HAVE to pay anyone to lie to me (C's book). I can get all the lies I want for free.

JMHO, he's played with the idea. He may have been kidding, or maybe he hasn't made up his mind.

I'd like to see the "demarcation line," too.

Otherwise, NG and Greta would be out, as well.

This is submitted with total respect, BTW.

Brini, I understand where you are coming from, and thank you. I understand that he may or may not write the book, and also that it seems that he has displayed more integrity. I know that LP may have taken liberties. I'm just wondering about the concept of who can profit and what different forms that may take for the various people involved. vis a vis our discussion w/ TP about LP and his love affair w/ the media and benefiting himself thru this case. Just for the record, to me, LP is a "mixed bag". Some of the things he has done have made me cringe, other things I'm thinking "You go Cowboy!"

Hope that helps clarify my thoughts........:blowkiss:

ok, this is a dumb question but is Tony the one who Casey told that Zenaida met her at the park and knocked her down and took caylee and gave her a script to say for a month. such a believable story!!

ok, this is a dumb question but is Tony the one who Casey told that Zenaida met her at the park and knocked her down and took caylee and gave her a script to say for a month. such a believable story!!

The only dumb question is the one that DOESN'T get asked. :)
I think that was RD that she said that to.

Brini, I understand where you are coming from, and thank you. I understand that he may or may not write the book, and also that it seems that he has displayed more integrity. I know that LP may have taken liberties. I'm just wondering about the concept of who can profit and what different forms that may take for the various people involved. vis a vis our discussion w/ TP about LP and his love affair w/ the media and benefiting himself thru this case. Just for the record, to me, LP is a "mixed bag". Some of the things he has done have made me cringe, other things I'm thinking "You go Cowboy!"

Hope that helps clarify my thoughts........:blowkiss:

As usual, Eunice, you hit the nail RIGHT on the head!

Sometimes I'm cheering LP, or I want to hug him.

Other times, I'm looking for a sock and some duct tape. :confused:

I'm very sure that he's a decent person, and his intentions are good.

But, there's also .... well, you know..

xoxoxoxoxo! ;-)

IIRC that was Rob.

IMO Just because the A's are nice to him doesn't mean that they are nice to everyone else. Everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure the A's are going to be nice to someone (as long as that person agrees with what they say or do). As far as KC goes, I do not connect the word nice or respectful to anyone that abuses children. JMO

Why quote me? I'm just saying what he said earlier in the thread.

That is not my opinion. If you want to argue with him, please go back and find where he said that. Thanks.

I think he does not want to be called as a witness - period. I think he came here and said those things so that he can taint himself as far as witnessing is concerned for either side.

I don't think he thinks of us as his "friends". And, I don't blame him for not wanting to have to testify. He's probably sick of the whole thing and wants to get back to his own life.

He doesn't want to get dragged into the case any further than he's already been dragged into it but needs to be sure his legal loose ends are tied up.

That's all I think it was about as he was surprised to hear about the hearing because, like he said, he had not been notified. Also, he wants it to be known that whatever his Uncle chooses to do is apart from him. imo.
That is an interesting theory there woe...gives us something to think on anyhow...of course he does not want to be dragged into it anymore than he already has, so your theory kinda makes perfect sense.:clap:

Tony's main consideration in writing a book was so someone in this entire God forsaken case could offer up something TRUE! A little truth would certainly be a welcome addition, at least to me it would...drowning in this sea of lies and "mistruths" and "misdeeds" and "misconceptions...:bang:

That is great. I don't dispute any of your comment. Maybe I should have been more clear. I want to know about TP investigating information on other people as he alluded to about RG and whether this would be included in the book. If so, I just might read it. Thanks.

CA told the FBI to ask LA about that story, because KC had told that info to LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes