Tony Padilla Q&A

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why go on TV at all? A simple thank you for a nice home-cooked meal while a child is missing would suffice. I think it's a slap in the face to all of Casey's/A's victims to hear him say Casey is a nice, respectful person. They tried to pin this crime on someone else. Just about all her friends had to hire lawyers to defend themselves against whatever the scheme team comes up with.

I'm having a real hard time with those stmts, too. While I respect his (TP's) opinion I still think it was a bad choice of words!

Tony's "unpopular" statements about the Grunds, Casey, etc. will give us an invaluable preview of what is to come from the defense during the trial. While he's giving us his time tonight, let's question and learn everything we possibly can, everything he's willing to share, rather than protest with our own opinions. We already know what we think.
:blowkiss:
You are exactly right. This is a rare opportunity and we should take full advantage of it. Tony is great for coming back here to give us this chance to gain some insight. (I thought he had enough of us early on, but nice to see him here again.)

It would be a waste...a HUGE waste! hehehe Sorry...had to do it.

About that, it strikes me that a forged/altered document would fuel arguments for inadequate counsel if not having other ramifications for JB, say, oh, being disbarred. If this can be proven does anyone know what the consequences might be for all involved? This concerns me greatly.

It should concern you. This one item probably wouldn't do it. But JB seems to be making a series of it. And if there is too much of a pattern, it could lead to losing an appeal.

As much as I want to believe JB would try to pull off such a thing, at the same time why in the world would he risk his career? Is he that stupid? I know AL surely can't be....sooooooooooooooooo....what is up with this DOC? Was it forged or not?

Unless the document is forged, JB will have the original which will have Tony's actual signature. So, it isn't like the truth won't be found out one way or the other.

The prosecutor responsibly asked for the original. She had to considering what she'd been told.

If what TP ways is true, it's going to be difficult for JB to produce the original, signed in ink document. Has he been required by the court to submit the original document?

Unless the document is forged, JB will have the original which will have Tony's actual signature. So, it isn't like the truth won't be found out one way or the other.

The prosecutor responsibly asked for the original. She had to considering what she'd been told.

What happens if JB says he can't locate it? I guess the judge will have to throw out JB's motion?

If what TP ways is true, it's going to be difficult for JB to produce the original, signed in ink document. Has he been required by the court to submit the original document?

Yes, Judge Strickland wants to review it. :)

ETA: Was just watching this part of the hearing, and caught this: Linda DB will review the original, and if it's not right will let Judge Strickland know. From the Judge's mouth. :)

It should concern you. This one item probably wouldn't do it. But JB seems to be making a series of it. And if there is too much of a pattern, it could lead to losing an appeal.

Agreed. I then have to ask myself if this is all purposeful behavior to delay proceedings and get his client off at all costs. Though I don't think JB anticipates any personal consequences of his conduct that he cannot wrangle himself out of (this might be overly optimistic of him).

If it were just Baez, I would totally agree with you. However, she also has Andrea Lyon, Linda Kenney-Baden, and Todd Macaluso.

I do hope Tony Padilla comes back to answer more questions. Regardless of how we may feel about how he feels about the Anthony family and Rev. Grund, he has a great deal of knowledge about aspects of the case. I've discovered here that a well-worded question will yield information we would like to know. Realize, there are things he can say and cannot say.

I'm having a real hard time with those stmts, too. While I respect his (TP's) opinion I still think it was a bad choice of words!

Maybe what is was was a bad choice of words?

I know I don't always say things the best way I can. I've edited simple posts like 20 times before. Tony probably doesn't have as much time to devote to posting as I do.

Hello! I thought the same thing! Sorry, someone should really educate George on what he should wear to court. I realize it's hot in Florida (I live here) but a nice button down and a tie would be more appropriate. JMO!

If I am not mistaken, he wore a suit and tie to the Grand Jury hearing.

I put a lot of stock in what Tony says. He acts professionally, he seems to think and carefully word his replies. His replys are only about what he himself has seen or his opinions. He doesn't trade in gossip. He answers questions that he doesn't have to answer. And he has come back, over and over. He is even polite to posters who don't agree with him. He even admits when he was wrong. Personally I wouldn't have come back if something had been said to me like has been said to him.

Early on when he was posting bail for KC, we told him what was happening and advised him that he was in error when he said that she didn't kill Caylee. As events unfolded, his opinion seems to have changed. Well he was a lot closer than we were, so his opinion was based on what he himself heard and saw. And he did admit that his first assessment was wrong.

Personally I like the dude. He has gone above and beyond what my first impression of what he would do here. My first thoughts were that he was probably going to try to sway online opinion, much like JB and the A's were trying to sway media opinion. But I gave him a chance and I was wrong about him. I do believe that he is interacting with us for his own reasons. Maybe just because he respects the fact that we did try to make him understand that evidence pointed to KC being guilty and that she wouldn't cooperate once she got out of jail.

I am hoping that if we don't run him off, maybe he will come back after the trial and let us know some of the behind the scenes things that were going on that he couldn't talk about before the trial.

On second thought... maybe JB IS that stupid. Thinking back to the stuff he had on his website, I wouldn't put it past JB forging this doc. Remember his website and the false advertising about himself? He was boasting about stuff he had never actually done - and he got called out on it and was told to take it down by the Florida Bar. Maybe he did indeed forge the doc and AL never questioned him about it because she was knee deep in other stuff regarding this case. Just saying!

Maybe what is was was a bad choice of words?

I know I don't always say things the best way I can. I've edited simple posts like 20 times before. Tony probably doesn't have as much time to devote to posting as I do.

Same here. I've done it countless times, but I still cringed when I heard him say that on nat'l t.v.

I still like the guy, just cringed and didn't agree with him on that one!

If I am not mistaken, he wore a suit and tie to the Grand Jury hearing.

He did! Maybe he'll dig it out of his closet and wear it again for the trial. Sure would look better to a jury IMO. It just shows more respect for the court.

Or SHOES!!! Didja notice he was wearing flip-flops? to COURT??? KNOWING that he would be called to the stand???!!! :confused:

CA was wearing flip-flops too. There was a pic on one of the news sites of her sitting on a bench outside the courtroom with BC.

If it were just Baez, I would totally agree with you. However, she also has Andrea Lyon, Linda Kenney-Baden, and Todd Macaluso.

I do hope Tony Padilla comes back to answer more questions. Regardless of how we may feel about how he feels about the Anthony family and Rev. Grund, he has a great deal of knowledge about aspects of the case. I've discovered here that a well-worded question will yield information we would like to know. Realize, there are things he can say and cannot say.

IF it happened, I don't believe LKB and AL and Macaluso would not have been a part of it.

If the document is real JB has the original. The truth should be within reach...good luck to JB explaining if it isn't.

IF it happened, LKB and AL and Macaluso would not have been a part of it. A stupid client with fake documents is one thing, a stupid stunt from a co-chair is another. I'm not sure how LKB, AL and Macaluso tolerate JB as it is.

If the document is real JB will have the original. Fortunately the truth of the situation is within reach...good luck to JB explaining things if it isn't.

I have a feeling JB is conveniently going to tell Judge Stickland in a crackly voice that he can't seem to locate the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13