Tony Padilla Q&A

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's always a possibility. But there is also a possibility that he will say that he had forgotten that Tony had signed a separate document. As long as he produces the correct documents it will probably be overlooked.

Well, if you look at the doc's signature pages, if Tony is correct and had his own separate doc, Baez would have had to cut and paste Tony's sig onto the other doc.

Much more illegal than just accidently mixing in a page from another doc.

Wouldn't the worst case scenario be that he gets disbarred over it?

Seems like providing forged docs to the court by an "officer of the court" would have much more serious consequences than just having the motion thrown out.

This is a death penalty case.

Those are notarized statements.

Um, yeah, disbarrment. No question about it.

Gees, do you think attorneys get away with things like this with only a slap on the wrist? It doesn't happen. And, if the document is fraudulent, the judge, the prosecutors and even the other members of the defense team are obligated to report it to the Bar Association or they face ethical violations charges and official reprimands - like losing one's license for 1 - 5 years.

As I see it, the text of the document ends on one page and the signature pages are attached on seperate pages. Bad form. Bad practice. Shoddy work. A good document should leave no doubt that it was valid as to form, content and signature.

Always sign each page or at least initial it and write page one of___, etc. so no one can make "inserts" for you. Just a hint for the lay folks.

Since we're on the subject of "Investigating information from others" - Did you have a chance to "investigage information from others" about KC and her family? I'm just trying to understand how it is that you can say such warm things about the A's, but not so much about the Grunds. Rev Grund may be a little "out there", but from what I can tell he's just trying to protect his son and hasn't hurt anyone in the process like the A's have.

As a side note. I'm honestly not trying to spar with ya! I think you are great coming here and answering our questions - especially the hard ones! I'm just trying to understand that's all. This case has me so curious! It's truly a study in human behavior!!

I don't have a problem.

I think he is being as frank as he CAN be.

He's in an occupation that has its own professional ethics. We know nothing about those. Or, his professional and personal perspective on the people with whom he deals.

He's also in the middle of a very nasty, sticky, highly publicized, soon-to-be-enacted- on- the- national- stage trial. Soon, EVERYBODY is gonna be watching or talking about that trial. Then, we have JB....

So, he has to step carefully.

I would be curled up under my bed.:eek:

Well we also need to remember that Tony is a bailbondsman and he only bails CRIMINALS out of jail for a living. He has to be partial and he has also to be careful to not lose his license to pratice what he does. He is not a therapists or any other than what he is. He sounds like a fair person that has an opinion is all ..no big deal we all have opinions....
Just sayin

O/T but I was just thinking about JB and all the less than up and up things he has done. Is there a thread that lists all of his "mistakes" or "mis steps"? I mean he's done more than a few shady things and all he ever gets a slap on the hand (if that). I can't believe this guy is even allowed to practice law. Before he took the bar exam wasn't there something in his background that he had to "fix" before he was even allowed to go through the bar exam process?

:waitasec: Wasn't that the issue with back child support he owed? I'm remembering that being an issue for him at one time. I could be wrong.

Um, yeah, disbarrment. No question about it.

Gees, do you think attorneys get away with things like this with only a slap on the wrist? It doesn't happen. And, if the document is fraudulent, the judge, the prosecutors and even the other members of the defense team are obligated to report it to the Bar Association or they face ethical violations charges and official reprimands - like losing one's license for 1 - 5 years.

As I see it, the text of the document ends on one page and the signature pages are attached on seperate pages. Bad form. Bad practice. Shoddy work. A good document should leave no doubt that it was valid as to form, content and signature.

Always sign each page or at least initial it and write page one of___, etc. so no one can make "inserts" for you. Just a hint for the lay folks.

Yeah. we also do that with medical records.

I have a feeling JB is conveniently going to tell Judge Stickland in a crackly voice that he can't seem to locate the original!

AND, if he can't find it, it doesn't exist! I see that on Judge Judy all the time. Don't bring the Real McCoy, she doesn't allow for it's existence. I don't think the documents were forged, per se, he just did a little "creative" cutting and pasting.

Didn't TP say earlier that he was in such a hurry or in a tizzy that he doesn't remember what he signed and that he forgot to ask for a copy? Could it be that he did sign an agreement afterall and that this doc is not forged? I may have that wrong, so I better go back and search for that post by TP.

BBM...

Tony's original posts about the document:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4068685&postcount=92"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2[/ame]

Jose had us all sign a document. The document that he entered into court as part of his motion is not the agreement that I signed.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4068802&postcount=104"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2[/ame]
I asked Jose's office that I wanted my own agreement completely separate from Leonard, Rob, and Tracy. They are not employees of mine and I had to protect myself being the bail agent. Jose compiled the paperwork to look as though we all signed the same agreement.

This is the post I was thinking of, but my memory of it was not correct...
He was just saying that he left without a copy of it!

This is what he wrote. It's in the #2 motions thread from yesterday...

"No agreement anywhere. That is a bad subject with me. I really messed up leaving without a copy. I really got distracted that day with the Florida Bail Assoc. trying to have me and Leonard areested for soliciting bail in Florida. I lost focus and left Jose's office without a copy. "

great questions tonight.......:)

TP- how did KC'c parents and brother act around JB?
what was the interaction between KC and JB....did it seem normal client attorney interaction?

AND, if he can't find it, it doesn't exist! I see that on Judge Judy all the time. Don't bring the Real McCoy, she doesn't allow for it's existence. I don't thing the documents were forged, per se, he just did a little "creative" cutting and pasting.

which is as bad as forgery!!!

They could compare signatures for proof of a forgery.

If the copy was forged, the forger cut, pasted and rearranged the original signatures so it would look like a copy of an original document.

I don't think anybody tried to forge an actual sig.

Well, I think I'll hit the mattress.

I'm sorry I missed you, Tony! Thanks a million, again.

Take care. B.

Well, I have already posted my questions regarding the agreement earlier in this thread, right after TP left, post 121.

I saw a potential error in that the certificate of service is dated 16 August 2008, three days BEFORE it was signed by TP, LP, RD and TM.

What I do see as a potential problem if in fact this agreement has been tampered with and JB is dismissed or sanctioned, who the dickens will take his place? It has to be a Florida attorney.

Guess I need to go find the thread where we discussed this and see what our legal beagles had to say about it.

I remember you posting that! I think it's in the #2 Motions thread from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb