Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's a straight up sociopath. Some of her quotes are so depraved, I'm surprised they aren't internet memes. They're that strange. I'm watching JVM on demand right now and her explanation for her infamous smiley happy mug shot was something like she knew it would be on the internet and she actually thought about what Travis would think about it, so "why not?" It's literally like "yolo." I don't think I've ever actively waited for a trial like this in forever. It's really crazy that her defense team is claiming self-defense. I just want to be all like the Miz from WWE and go "Really...Really? Really?" I actually hope that this girl takes the stand. Please, Arias defense team. Let her take the stand.
Tiger,
I can't remember where I read it or who said it, but someone said on another forum that it wouldn't surprise him if Jodi, under cross-examination, has a reaction like Ed Norton in Primal Fear. She is soft-spoken, but also has a whole lot of rage. I can easily see her completely loosing it after repeatedly being called out on lies. Maybe she'll even bite off a bailiff's ear, Mike Tyson style.

There's your internet meme.

Tiger,
I can't remember where I read it or who said it, but someone said on another forum that it wouldn't surprise him if Jodi, under cross-examination, has a reaction like Ed Norton in Primal Fear. She is soft-spoken, but also has a whole lot of rage. I can easily see her completely loosing it after repeatedly being called out on lies. Maybe she'll even bite off a bailiff's ear, Mike Tyson style.

There's your internet meme.

Hi, Bryanwd. Your post had me laughing. Jodi has effectively roped in the defense; if she does testify, she opens herself to hours of grueling questions about all lies, subterfuge, and attempts at destroying evidence. But in a sense, she already will be testifying, thanks for her penchant for media exposure. A classic lose-lose situation.

She's definitely a control freak, "pushing buttons" as she herself admitted and alarming his friends with her eavesdropping and deviousness. It was also reported that she keyed the car of another ex-boyfriend.

I've noticed that she seems to be present at most of the court prelims, even those that seem almost routine. Some defendants skip these boring exercises, but Jodi apparently wants to be there. She might just welcome any opportunity to get out of jail, but she's not exactly in 24-hour, one-cell lock-down. My guess is that she wants to be a guiding force in the defense.

I would not at all be surprised if she tries to dismiss her lawyers mid-trial or argues with them.

I saw her again on JVM yesterday- not much NG coverage on this case- I guess because the victim is the male and the defendant is the pretty, young girl? She had Travis Alexander's close friend on there speaking for him since, you know, he can't exactly defend himself. It's still so gross to see her asking the cameras to wait for her to put her makeup on while she's wearing her prison suit. Also, why is it that she has a pair of pink handcuffs? With the pink numbers on her prison suit, glamor shots, makeup applications, singing contests, and now matching cuffs; it's like she's not in prison, but a musical like Chicago! Poor Travis Alexander and his family! I really hope this human being gets justice soon!

I saw her again on JVM yesterday- not much NG coverage on this case- I guess because the victim is the male and the defendant is the pretty, young girl? She had Travis Alexander's close friend on there speaking for him since, you know, he can't exactly defend himself. It's still so gross to see her asking the cameras to wait for her to put her makeup on while she's wearing her prison suit. Also, why is it that she has a pair of pink handcuffs? With the pink numbers on her prison suit, glamor shots, makeup applications, singing contests, and now matching cuffs; it's like she's not in prison, but a musical like Chicago! Poor Travis Alexander and his family! I really hope this human being gets justice soon!

The pink is a Joe Arpaio thing.

If you watch the singing competition, you'll see that all inmates including the men are dressed in pink. Sheriff Joe is famous for pink jail uniforms, green bologna, tent city, female chain gangs, and "the loaf." He proclaims himself as "America's toughest sheriff" and the pink uniforms for men and women are a part of that.

The makeup thing is all Jodi.

November 19th is when the trial is supposed to start.

The Defense was seeking a six-week delay.. But as I'm reading now, Judge Stephens isn't going to let that happen. Travis' sister posted this today:
Tanisha Sorenson Well I talked to prosecutor today and the court date got moved to Nov 7th, and they got the hard drive back from where it was shipped to be fixed so they cant cry about that anymore, also the prosecutor is very confident that it will not be delayed any longer, which makes me feel great. Yay, Justice is coming soon!
10 hours ago ·

I'd say we can probably rely on Tanisha a little more than HLN.

So if what she says is true.. Trial will start in 7 days!

is IN SESSION covering the trial? Will they be televising the trial live?

It was on the court dockets eons ago, but it did say they were permitting insession to film the trial.. but I guess the question is, will they air it live, or start playing it months after the verdict?

I'm guessing they'll air it live since several media shows have called it, "the trial of 2012".

November 19th is when the trial is supposed to start.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says the next trial is FL vs. Martin, will start in the next day or two. Comments indicate this is an old trial they are re-running.
Can someone find out for sure if the trial will be televised live?
http://www.facebook.com/InSession

What do I believe? I believe Jodi Arias has got to be pure evil......

ive been watching in session all morning, and no mention of the Arias trial. Over the past two or three months, I havent once heard it mentioned that it would be televised. Last time i heard it would be televised was before the latest delay. Did they give up, because the trial was delayed so many times?

It seems like In Session is slipping. Do you think they just delay airing trials to save money, or to save airtime?

In Session was doing major promos for the trial, but I've heard none lately. I've been wondering if they are re-thinking their coverage strategy due to the fact the case may be postponed yet again.

If anybody followed the Elizabeth Johnson trial, InSession did NOT carry it live because of the time difference (it would start at 1 PM or so and their coverage ends at 3 PM. In addition, there was lots of down time, including the infamous week off. Instead, they chose to tape it and televise it later. I can't say I blame them, it was very difficult to follow on live-stream as the court always started very late.

When they followed the sweat lodge trial, also from AZ, they tried doing two trials at once. That didn't work out well and they pulled the sweat lodge trial and televised it later.

With daylight savings over, the trial should start around noon, Eastern time (I think!).

When they televised the first Phil Spector trial out of California, they used to morning hours to cover the previous afternoon and it worked (although I watched it all on-line).

I'm going to be watching InSession to hear if they will cover it live. Personally, I blame the "new" owners of TruTv. They cut the hours of coverage. I miss the old gavel-to-gavel. InSession sure is trying to put out live trials, but are thwarted by time zones and irregular court schedules!

In Session was doing major promos for the trial, but I've heard none lately. I've been wondering if they are re-thinking their coverage strategy due to the fact the case may be postponed yet again.

If anybody followed the Elizabeth Johnson trial, InSession did NOT carry it live because of the time difference (it would start at 1 PM or so and their coverage ends at 3 PM. In addition, there was lots of down time, including the infamous week off. Instead, they chose to tape it and televise it later. I can't say I blame them, it was very difficult to follow on live-stream as the court always started very late.

When they followed the sweat lodge trial, also from AZ, they tried doing two trials at once. That didn't work out well and they pulled the sweat lodge trial and televised it later.

With daylight savings over, the trial should start around noon, Eastern time (I think!).

When they televised the first Phil Spector trial out of California, they used to morning hours to cover the previous afternoon and it worked (although I watched it all on-line).

I'm going to be watching InSession to hear if they will cover it live. Personally, I blame the "new" owners of TruTv. They cut the hours of coverage. I miss the old gavel-to-gavel. InSession sure is trying to put out live trials, but are thwarted by time zones and irregular court schedules!

I totally agree with the bold. When it was CourtTV it was great, you could come home from work and not miss a thing. The other thing about IS that I hated was following the trial's of Sandusky and D. Peterson when camera's weren't allowed in the court room's. I watch to see how people testify and watch the defendant. I would love to see JA's trial from gavel to gavel. Another thing that IS does is the week of Christmas and New Years they all take a vacation. This would be a great time for canned trials. I do like to watch all trials but we can look ahead on the web to see what the outcome was so it kinda spoils it. I however very rarely look ahead as I want to see the whole thing and see if the jury and I agree. IS needs a competitor then they would straighten up their act or go completely broke.

You are right-- we probably won't see JA live because of the time difference.

Dang it! why cant they just run the video a day late?!?!

I'm kind of sick seeing trials we already know the outcome of!

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102012/m5485486.pdf

Read and placed in context, this seems to indicate that Jodi and her lawyers have essentially retreated to a penalty phase defense.

As always Chanler, your ability to decipher legal jargon exceeds my own.
icon10.gif

I read the minutes. Jodi and her counsel are assuming in advance, there is going to be a guilt phase, correct? Is providing notice of their intention to call LaViolette as an expert witness a preemptive move of some sort? Why not just wait and see if she is convicted, then call her as a witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove