Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EZKbnW_SAkM#!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]TUCSON (KGUN-9) - It was a normal Sunday in Vail for Geradine Vargas. Normal, until she and her husband stumbled upon something kind of weird.
"We were taking photos around the area and we just.... I mean, how could you miss this?" Geradine said. "It was just like glittering in the sun."
Thousands of tiny, purple-hued spheres piled in the middle of nowhere.
"It's just one of those things that you've never seen before."
[/FONT]so maybe Jodi used her magic to hide her her evidence here LOL not funny I know but this is weird ..sorry off topic I know

Attachments

• purple.JPG
    purple.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 31
Someone asked many pages back (sorry for not remembering who) if Jodi called Travis and told him she was on her way.

Here is the list of calls from Jodi to Travis for 6/3/08:
12:37 pm 17 seconds
1:51 pm 170 seconds/= 2.83 minutes
8:16 pm 129 seconds/= 2.15 minutes
8:34 pm 49 seconds

Now the last purchase while in Pasadena was at 8:46 pm on 6/3/08

Unless Jodi used the phone that Gus gave to her, or a pre-paid phone then no Jodi did not call Travis to tell him she was almost there or anything. It is a 6 hour trip from Pasadena, CA to Mesa, AZ. If Jodi left for Mesa at 8:46 pm (the time of her last purchase) then she should have arrived in Mesa a little before 3 am. So either Jodi arrived closer to 3 am or she was killing time (an hour) so that she would not get there until closer to 4 am. IF Travis was waiting on her to arrive, why would she take an extra hour to get there?

MOO

Linda, your link is simply the study Hare did that I mentioned earlier...but Hare did did "harmless but painful shocks. Milgrim shocked confederates (students that were in on the experiment) to see if non-confederates (participants) would still crank up electric shocks on "subjects" if demanded to do so by authorities.
Milgrim is the go-to study when people talk about research that had to do with electical shocks.

For his first paper, now a classic, Hare had his subjects watch a countdown timer. When it reached zero, they got a "harmless but painful" electric shock while an electrode taped to their fingers measured perspiration. Normal people would start sweating as the countdown proceeded, nervously anticipating the shock. Psychopaths didn't sweat. They didn't fear punishment -- which, presumably, also holds true outside the laboratory. In Without Conscience, he quotes a psychopathic rapist explaining why he finds it hard to empathize with his victims: "They are frightened, right? But, you see, I don't really understand it. I've been frightened myself, and it wasn't unpleasant."​

From that link.

Linda, your link is simply the study Hare did that I mentioned earlier...but Hare did did "harmless but painful shocks. Milgrim shocked confederates (students that were in on the experiment) to see if non-confederates (participants) would still crank up electric shocks on "subjects" if demanded to do so by authorities.
Milgrim is the go-to study when people talk about research that had to do with electical shocks.

Well it's not c&p but its the best I can do...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359864600.340094.jpg

For his first paper, now a classic, Hare had his subjects watch a countdown timer. When it reached zero, they got a "harmless but painful" electric shock while an electrode taped to their fingers measured perspiration. Normal people would start sweating as the countdown proceeded, nervously anticipating the shock. Psychopaths didn't sweat. They didn't fear punishment -- which, presumably, also holds true outside the laboratory. In Without Conscience, he quotes a psychopathic rapist explaining why he finds it hard to empathize with his victims: "They are frightened, right? But, you see, I don't really understand it. I've been frightened myself, and it wasn't unpleasant."​

From that link.

Thank you!

Do we know if Arias underwent a mental status evaluation before trial? Or if any sort of testing was done?

She did, it was mostly to test her cognitive functioning I believe.

Well it's not c&p but its the best I can do...

View attachment 29549

Thank you Linda and Moo.....
I stand corrected that Hare did "harmless but painful" electrical shocks in his research.
However, ...I will contend that if someone asked me who the psych guy is that is known best for his "electrical shock" research, most of the professionals I know would say "Milgrim" (and not Hare).

So, when Linda said who is known for "electrical shock" research....it's Milgrim.

Okay well we'll have to agree to disagree, I'm aware of the manipulative nature though I see it differently than you describe and I'd take issue with the "hallowed shell" description. My knowledge is based on pretty intense exposure to DBT and professionals who work with BPD and some personal research. I'm not a professional so can only speak based on what I've seen and experienced. Happy to see things differently though!

My adopted niece was diagnosed BPD and that is what was said. Hollow. Chameleon. Nothing will ever make her happy. She can never be filled up.

She was sexually abused as a child and burned with cigarettes. Adopted by my sister at age 6.

Schizophrenia? Asperger's? Dissociation?

The whispering and flat affect are faked by Jodi in an effort to appear as a very gentle person that would never hurt anyone. This is called aggressive mimicry. Aggressive mimicry is when predators share similar signals or actions like their harmless prey allowing them to avoid being correctly identified as a predator. Parasites do this frequently.

I was speaking specifically of his speech and language studies.

The only one that's sticking in my brain at the moment was the one that documented the lack of fear using electrical stimulus.

Sorry to quote myself....but...that's still not THE one I was trying to remember...giggle. We now having the answer to the one that was stuck in my brain .....preventing me from recalling the one I actually am trying to remember!

Roflmao

She keeps "almost" tripping up. I am transcribing this video as they talk...if you watch, around the 1:44 area they start this section. She has told the reporter she is threatened by the two people that killed TA. (so she was still on Plan A) B & C had not been invented yet...and she probably still thinks the camera burned in the desert...I see Freudian all over this...

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139242n"]Jodi Arias on threats received in Calif. jail - 48 Hours - CBS News[/ame]

(Reporter)
didn't you think it might be important to show the cops and the detectives that in fact I am still being threatened by these two people that allegedly committed this crime? (Killing TA)

(JA)
Yes, yes. And I absolutely regret that these notes came within days of my arrest, and I think still that I was just very scared for my family. And its only not that I am speaking out about this because I just need to have faith that the Lord is not going to put them in harms way because I decided to do..........obviously a little late because I decided to...do the right thing and tell what I knew, because, by.. the reason i'm sitting here is because I didn't do the right thing, I didn't go to the police right away, I didn't go to a neighbors house

:jail:

My adopted niece was diagnosed BPD and that is what was said. Hollow. Chameleon. Nothing will ever make her happy. She can never be filled up.

She was sexually abused as a child and burned with cigarettes. Adopted by my sister at age 6.

Trying to understand BPD more fully. Hollow, but a Chameleon...would you connect a strong tendency toward denial to BPD as in always acting cheerful when they're not? Or that things aren't as bad as they seem even when things are all messed up with them?

5/18/09 Court minutes;

IT IS ORDERED that Defendant submit to IQ Testing pursuant to A.R.S. §13-703.0 2(B).
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant submit to Competency Screening.

DT later fights taking these tests, but they are taken.

I remember very early in the case 2009? hearing that DT was testing for an insanity claim, but don't see it in the court minutes now.

Someone asked many pages back (sorry for not remembering who) if Jodi called Travis and told him she was on her way.

Unless Jodi used the phone that Gus gave to her, or a pre-paid phone then no Jodi did not call Travis to tell him she was almost there or anything. It is a 6 hour trip from Pasadena, CA to Mesa, AZ. If Jodi left for Mesa at 8:46 pm (the time of her last purchase) then she should have arrived in Mesa a little before 3 am. So either Jodi arrived closer to 3 am or she was killing time (an hour) so that she would not get there until closer to 4 am. IF Travis was waiting on her to arrive, why would she take an extra hour to get there?

MOO

I noted in one of her interviews when she was describing all of this to Flores, she said "So, I showed up..." -- not "I arrived" or "I got there". Maybe nothing, but then again ...

I agree... few questions;

Could those 2min calls be messages and she did not actually speak to Travis?
Were there any other calls in the wee hours of 6/4? Or did Jodi just show up unannounced as she so often did?
Also, am curious when she dyed her hair.. was that mentioned anywhere?
reason is, I wondered if Lisa was a brunette in 2007-2008.. meaning IMO not sure I believe her hair was changed for the cover up afterwards, think she may have dyed it since Travis dated brunettes after Jodi..??

MOO

The whispering and flat affect are faked by Jodi in an effort to appear as a very gentle person that would never hurt anyone. This is called aggressive mimicry. Aggressive mimicry is when predators share similar signals or actions like their harmless prey allowing them to avoid being correctly identified as a predator. Parasites do this frequently.

Yes, I noted some of her "whispering" was at very calculated times and did appear to be an attempt to convey a particular emotion. It was not convincing IMO

I was really just curious about what moocow thought her behavior suggests if not personality disorder or psychopathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest