Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, to precede what you are saying here, I think Travis was mentally still in college, per se. He never went, but was a HUGE fan of BYU. He wore BYU hats & shirts all of the time, and I bet it was a massively unfulfilled dream that he never went to college.

He was a young man, with loads of good friends, and people who were really drawn to him and loved him. He was in a Ward of friends and peers 18 (or 19?) to 31. Most of these people he was surrounded by probably went to college or were still studying, and in that mentality too. He was at least in part, IMO, living life socially as a college age type with all the parties and get togethers, with roommates… A highly social lifestyle.

I think in looking from his background he had accomplished a lot, and saw himself in that light. He seemed like he had his hands in a lot of ventures at the time he died. I remember a Mormon clothing line in the works.

I think Jodi saw him as someone who was going somewhere more so than what he had already built for himself. I think he had extravagant life dreams and plans for himself, and probably was not shy in relaying that (IMO).

I think Jodi wanted what he had beyond wealth and aspirations: his lifestyle.

IMO, I don't think he would ever have married her even if they had never had any kind of sex. He would (as his friends 'felt' about her) have eventually seen beyond the shallow ploys a sociopath fronts themselves with.

Sadly, being sexually immature (IMO) because of his beliefs, yet a normal & healthy hormonally raging young man he took her sexual bait, and she used it until it was the only tie left, and then it wasn't……..

All IMO… I usually never write out speculative scenarios, even as basic as this is, but it just came out anyway.

One thing I noticed about Jodi, too, is that she seems to go for Mormon men, right? I think she might not like sex in actuality. I think she uses it-- no doubt! --but I think she wanted a relationship where she could cut off the sex and not expect divorce to result from that. She couldn't have a sugar daddy or something if she really didn't like sex. However, if she got with the right sort of very religious guy, she could avoid sex later and not expect that the marriage would break up.

She also seemed to be wanting the prestige that a girl with a sugar daddy can't get. Still, lots of trophy wives are basically the same thing and we all know it. So that's why I'm going with the speculation that she hates sex. She needs to prey on a culture that doesn't like divorce.

Not a mod but we are not allowed to post from sites that come up ****** that also means no discussion from that site. No screen shots either.

:nurse: is not going to be too happy in the morning when she gets here. ;)
I can delete post. I put up a disclaimer I was ignorant ..I can only ask forgiveness ..I did remove link but not in time for a poster to put respond and quoted .. so should I just delete it ?? I really do not want to get in trouble ..Please tell me

I think she probably cleaned the floor of any blood and cleaned the banister.

I'm sure she did ~ she was just caaaaaaaaasually making mention of it as with what youtube video he was watching.

And on a totally unrelated note: her saccidic eye movements. She could just have ADHD, for one thing.

But this is Jodi, and she was into lots of things that are supposed to bring wealth, power, health... whatever. Well, it's interesting that some people use a controversial therapy for PTSD to ease their anxiety, help them face phobias, and even to help them improve their memory. It's called EMDR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

(meh, just wikipedia, but y'all can Google more deeply if you wish ;) )

The memory theories make me wonder if that's why liars are often called 'shifty eyed'. They do have to be careful to keep things straight (memory) :D The pop-psych usage of the therapy to ease anxious times could also apply to her on camera discussing her fake stories.

I even considered that she may know the pop-psych on where the eyes go when folks lie, so she purposely darts hers around as she does it!

I can delete post. I put up a disclaimer I was ignorant ..I can only ask forgiveness ..I did remove link but not in time for a poster to put respond and quoted .. so should I just delete it ?? I really do not want to get in trouble ..Please tell me

I think it's all gone now. If you see any more posts regarding any sites that come up on here as ********, please alert them and the mods will remove them.

There are different reasons why we don't allow certain sites. Some have been deemed unreliable, some have requested that we not link them, some ask for money, etc. If you have a post that comes up ******, you can always ask a mod to help via the alert system.

I'm going back to bed now. :eek:fftobed:

If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear your story.

Wish I could. Maybe in a couple of years when the kids aren't minors.
If found, anything I say can and will be used in a court of law...

The good news (if there is any) is that it doesn't matter what diagnosis WS Armchair Psychs1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 come up with. This woman broke the law and committed first degree murder and immediately got caught and she will never have the opportunity to hurt another innocent person again. She will be in prison for at least the next few decades, at a minimum. We'll all be well into old or very old age by the time she ever is considered for parole and that's the very best outcome she will get (IMO). She'll likely be in prison the rest of her life and her only way out will be in a pine box.

So all this worry about figuring out her particular brand of psychological craziness is a moot point when you consider that she will never be a threat to any of us or anyone else in the free world again. I realize that doesn't give everyone comfort because if there can't be torture and dismembering involved then it isn't really an adequate sentence to some, but there's good news there too--moving to Pakistan or Afghanistan will net you all the torture and mayhem you could possibly want, so while the U.S. won't give you that outcome, there are places that will only be too happy to indulge.

And while some see Arias as the "worst of the worst" we still have previous contenders such as Diane Downs, Susan Smith, various school mass murderers, to name just a few, who are loathe to give up their "worst ever" crown.

BBM: This "armchair psych #7" says that if JA has Psychopathy or BPD, there's a chance she might make a jailhouse "shank" and use it to stab an inmate. History has a tendency to repeat itself, i.e. "repeat offender". She may attack an innocent person (yep, to me even a jailbird is innocent in the sense they may not have provoked a violent attack). It's ok for us here on this thread to try and figure out an anomaly like JA......that's where the learning starts. It's in the questions....
Otherwise, what's the point of this thread????

Clearly, it's not for posters to make simple statements.....we love us some "discourse" here on WS! :rocker:

Hi GetSmart! A few days ago I posted that same link you did and saw the *** pop up instead of the link after I posted it. I did not know why. Then was kindly informed sites with the *** were not able to be discussed. I was so embarassed. I did not know if I was supposed to delete it or not so I didn't and was glad the thread was moving so fast that, hopefully, nobody else noticed it. I then did a Google search on that site (I had never looked at that site previously) and Oh Dear! Then I was really embarassed!

I watched Nancy Grace tonight and she had an inmate who knew Jodi in jail. Jodi told this person that she killed Travis in self defense BUT claimed she had also cut his body in pieces and left his body parts in different parts of the desert. Well we obviously know this isn't the truth buy why would she lie and tell someone that when the truth is out there already,

It's almost like she is incapable of telling the truth and simply lies and changes her story to appeal to whoever her current listener is. just plain weird that she would even do that, knowing that the truth is well known that she left his body in the shower.

What a colossal liar!! It's just flat out creepy and shows that she truly believes that she can make people believe whatever her "story du jour" is.

WHOA!!! I hadn't heard that yet but that makes me sick!! I have no doubt that if for some reason she walks that she WILL strike again!!

Hi GetSmart! A few days ago I posted that same link you did and saw the *** pop up instead of the link after I posted it. I did not know why. Then was kindly informed sites with the *** were not able to be discussed. I was so embarassed. I did not know if I was supposed to delete it or not so I didn't and was glad the thread was moving so fast that, hopefully, nobody else noticed it. I then did a Google search on that site (I had never looked at that site previously) and Oh Dear! Then I was really embarassed!

I shouldve look more carefully .. but when I hit submit and seen the ** I said OH NO to myself and went back removed link ect ..but I was too late it had been quoted and was hoping for no trouble ..I am embarrassed too oh geezzzz what have I done :( :please:

If this is the same case I'm thinking of (how many can there be) it happened just a couple blocks from where I lived at the time. :what:
I remember she was from Egypt and drove to a friends house with the bag to get him to help her get rid of them. He wisely decided not to help.

eta link: http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/09/omaima_aree_nelson_murder_paro.php

Haha, just realized that sounds like she drove from Egypt to the friend's house...she actually drove about a block or two.

LOL!! She must have had major turbo boost on her car! LOL! And yeppers, that was her!!

Are you referring to the article I posted? If so, tell me how to delete it and I will!! I don't wanna be the bad kid in school!!

I was referring to posts from a site that is not allowed here but was still mentioned and screen shots were posted along with that.

Sorry, but I don't even know what you posted.

I'm not a mod, but that same site has been mentioned in other JA threads and the comments were removed.
I was just trying to make sure we don't get the thread closed. ;)

BBM: This "armchair psych #7" says that if JA has Psychopathy or BPD, there's a chance she might make a jailhouse "shank" and use it to stab an inmate. History has a tendency to repeat itself, i.e. "repeat offender".

So the goal is to prevent her from attacking other inmates or making shanks by analyzing her... How many inmates has she attacked so far in the 4.5 years she's been in jail? How many violent infractions? History shows she has killed a man, but not a woman. What men are in danger now?

I was referring to posts from a site that is not allowed here but was still mentioned and screen shots were posted along with that.

Sorry, but I don't even know what you posted.

I'm not a mod, but that same site has been mentioned in other JA threads and the comments were removed.
I was just trying to make sure we don't get the thread closed. ;)

Good lookin out!! I didn't do any screenshots but just to be safe I removed a news article from an earlier post...better safe than sorry!

The Stranger Beside Me - 48 Hours - CBS News

I am watching this 48 hours (brian stuart case) and our guy Juan Martinez was the prosecutor and is in this video!

(and I just saw the SEAL)

oh.. and he takes the stand in this case (good to see Juan in action!)

I'm in the middle of this and can hardly believe this guy!!! Can't wait to see JM fry this CREEP!!!!

I remember this one. I'm watching it again and wanted to make note of something I found compelling.

This guy, Bryan Stewart, seems to have the same 'cocky'-type attitude as Jodi; especially with his remark made at the beginning, "bring it on".

He is challenging those that think he may have done the crime, just as Jodi seems to also be challenging the same with her remark, "no jury will find me guilty".

Two peas in a pod.

Same type of person as JA only a MUCH better liar IMO!!!

REPORTER: You tell a lot of stories don't you?
BRYAN: I have a lot of stories to tell.
REPORTER: So you lied?
BRYAN: Lies mixed with the truth.

Crazy to me how people think adding a lil truth makes it ok!!!!!

:what:
Here are a couple of Ted Bundy's confession tapes, creeps me out big time when he is whispering!! :gasp:

Ted Bundy: Rare confession tapes part 1 of 2
http://youtu.be/i_sPUOoS4LI

Ted Bundy: Rare confession tapes part 2 of 2
http://youtu.be/zBtKVK_tG5s

WOW ! just WOW !....I have never heard these before. Jeebus ! I remember when they got him....but as a teenager I had other interests..:great: and just caught glimpses on the TV that I ran passed. Thanks. And that whispering is some nightmare inducing stuff for reals !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel