Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of this and can hardly believe this guy!!! Can't wait to see JM fry this CREEP!!!!

Hmmmm...now I don't know if I wanna check out the Bundy thread or watch this. Hmm?

I think I'll watch Martinez in action .....

I think they were looking for me because my iPad won't allow me to view it without a years subscription.

Linda, I know this is probably long settled.....but I had the same problem with my IPad......it said I could watch an episode if I downloaded the app, which I did, then it wanted me to subscribe for a year and I was not going there. I deleted the app. So, I am right on that page with you! :)

I am curious as to how Jodie (a petite woman) could drag a 190 pound man thru the hallway and into the shower. Any thoughts?

I've tried to read through and see if this was asked and answered but I gotta get to work so...

About the phone call and conflicting AR CA law: Since the trial is in AR wouldn't they go by AR law? Or if she is charged for recording him without his knowledge (if that is what she did) wouldn't CA have to charge her? TIA for anyone who can answer.

Just a random thought on my part. If I was on the jury and they were pulling that stunt with the lowered chair to make her look smaller than she is on me, I'd be po'd the first time I saw her standing.

The reason the Judge said she will review the call is because Arizona is a ONE party consent State. California is a TWO party consent State. If JA was in California and wanted to record TA and he happened to be in Palm Desert, CA at the time she would need both parties to consent (and since she is recording, we know she is giving her own consent)

If JA is in California and she is talking to TA and he is in Arizona, a ONE party consent State, it is not illegal in AZ to record the call so JA is the only one that needs to "know" it is being recorded, and she did.

If JA recorded the call in question from CA to AZ (a two party consent state to a one party consent state) and then JA killed TA in the State of California, and her Attorney wanted to use this call in the Trial in California, they could not use this recorded call in the California Trial as California is a Two party Consent State.

However, the trial is in Arizona where the party that got recorded did not have to give his consent to be recorded. This is why the Attorney in opening statement said that this call will be played in court.

The Judge took the taped call and is making a decision on whether to play this in court, but my guess is it is NOT being decided based on the legality of recording as TA did not need to give consent in AZ, it is being decided based on relevance to her Defense only.

(If you are in a one party state and the other person online is in a one party state - you do not have to inform them they are being recorded. You knowing that you are recording, qualifies as the one party notification. This is not an interpretation of the law. It IS the law.)

CALIFORNIA PHONE RECORDING LAW: Cal. Penal Code § 632(a)
Statute prohibits the recording of confidential communications without "the consent of all parties." Evidence obtained in violation of this section may not be used in any judicial proceeding. This prohibition is confined to confidential communications, defined by statute as "any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties there to," but does not include communications made under any "circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded."

ARIZONA PHONE RECORDING LAW: Ariz. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 13-3005
A party is not prohibited from intercepting oral communications.

(This is a good table of recording laws State by State)
http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm

I've tried to read through and see if this was asked and answered but I gotta get to work so...

About the phone call and conflicting AR CA law: Since the trial is in AR wouldn't they go by AR law? Or if she is charged for recording him without his knowledge (if that is what she did) wouldn't CA have to charge her? TIA for anyone who can answer.

Just a random thought on my part. If I was on the jury and they were pulling that stunt with the lowered chair to make her look smaller than she is on me, I'd be po'd the first time I saw her standing.

:what:

WOW ! just WOW !....I have never heard these before. Jeebus ! I remember when they got him....but as a teenager I had other interests..:great: and just caught glimpses on the TV that I ran passed. Thanks. And that whispering is some nightmare inducing stuff for reals !

I was a teenage and hung out at sammamish state park. I always followed him---cant tell you how fearful it was. Our innocence of crime or possibility of it became front and center

I am curious as to how Jodie (a petite woman) could drag a 190 pound man thru the hallway and into the shower. Any thoughts?

I remember reading that she is 5' 6". Maybe just me but petite is 5' 2" or shorter.
This is probably taller than the average american woman.:moo:

She is actually said to be slightly taller than him in one article. Although he is heavier, she works out, he works out. At 5' 0" tall, and 118 lbs, I can easily drag a 200 lb man across the carpet on a blanket or sheet or just by the arm or leg. My guess is she rolled him onto a blanket or sheet and then pulled that. She could also just take one limb, and you can pull pretty much any body by the hand or grab them around the ankle. From the looks of it, the blood saturated carpet, she did not get far. It looks like he may have been shot, then stumbled out and tried to stumble run away, and she followed him stabbing him. I think the huge saturated bloody carpet area (after the blood hand print where he fell or held himself against the wall) might be where he just collapsed. So then she dragged him back to the bathroom. The shower opens at the ground, not a bathtub from what I see, so she slumped him over and pushed him in.. That is kind of how I see she could have done it. Sadly, it appears from the blood collection pattern on the hands and feet, he was not dead right away. He may have even crawled on his hands and knees while she walked beside him.
I can only imagine the conversation (and I'm not kidding) "I didn't want to do this T. You made me do this. Why couldn't you just listen to me?"

I also think she shot him first (and it went in at a funny angle, that shot didn't kill him) I am positive about this because she said in the police interview if she was going to kill someone she would want it to be fast and the person not suffer so she would shoot them. I believe she said this because she was reflecting on how messy it was when she shot him in the head but not at the correct angle, so instead of just shooting him again to finish the job, she mistakenly thought shooting isn't going to work (when she just didn't shoot him accurately enough) so she started to stab him. Good one as that take 10x longer if you just keep gouging away at him. Finally the old deep slice to the neck, she was probably exasperated at how he keeps going. If she just continued with the gun, one, two or three shots. My guess is it was louder than she expected, and caught her off guard and she quickly discovered killing someone needs better planning next time!

They have had witnesses on the stand to testify to her strength. I am a five foot Cherokee, 115 pounds, and trust me, I'm a lot stronger than I look. Before we had our fireplace converted to gas, I could chop wood with the best of them. My SIL always told me, I was meant to be a pioneer woman. :floorlaugh:

I remember reading that she is 5' 6". Maybe just me but petite is 5' 2" or shorter.
This is probably taller than the average american woman.:moo:

He is pretty short. In a couple Video's of him speaking, he looks like he is wearing his dads suit. I dated someone 5' 9" and I am 5' 0". I would have no trouble dragging him around by the arm or leg and he worked out and was very muscular.

I don't know if anyone caught this, but she had the gun & knife in her purse when in the bathroom.
In the opening statement he is desribing the attack of the intruders & says that Jody said the guy went through her purse. They were all in the bathroom during this. Does she even explain how the blood got in the hall during this attack?
I'll be darned! Travis thought she left that day. She was dressed with her shoes on & her purse in hand in that bathroom, which means to me that she came in from the outside.

During her Ninja story Jodi told Flores her purse was on the bureau and the man was going through it while she was in the bedroom and Travis was in the hallway with the woman. jmo

He is pretty short. In a couple Video's of him speaking, he looks like he is wearing his dads suit. I dated someone 5' 9" and I am 5' 0". I would have no trouble dragging him around by the arm or leg and he worked out and was very muscular.

We have a lot of 5.0's on this board.;)

JA probably has a mixture of personality disorders IMO. She does not fit any features of schizophrenia and you can believe if she did her attorney would have pounced on that. Even a high functioning, medicated schizophrenic has an "odd" (for lack of a better word) affect, very flat. Generally they are not very social. I can pick them out in a crowd. But that is just MOO.

This illustrates California to Arizona Phone recording law with regard to "trials".

A person in California (two party consent State) desires to call someone in Arizona, a One party consent state for the specific purpose of recording the conversation.

Does the person in California need the person’s consent in Arizona in order to record the conversation?

A. No, since the person in California is consenting to the conversation being recorded and it makes no difference if the person in Arizona consents.

(Correct Answer is: A, as stated above)

Part B is a True/False

-------------------
Part B

This recorded call may be used as evidence in an upcoming criminal trial to be held in a Arizona court. True or False

A) True

(IF TA CALLED JA FROM HIS ARIZONA HOME AND RECORDED IT, AND CAME TO CALIFORNIA AND KILLED JA IN YREKA, COULD HIS RECORDED CALL BE USED IN A TRIAL IN CALIFORNIA. NO, IT COULD NOT. CALIFORNIA LAW REQUIRES BOTH PARTIES TO CONSENT TO RECORDING A CALL)

with regard to size of person and carrying or dragging a person or body, I have cared for my mom during her last 5 months (with cancer) here at home and she fell many times. She was also 5'0" like me and she was 120 lbs. My dad also fell (also passed away and had Parkinson's) and at 5'0" I was able to help him up many times from a fall. He was 5' 8" and maybe 150 however when you fall and you have Parkinson's you are not as easy to get up compared to a limp body. He would be rather stiff and I almost had to fully lift him to a stand (he would have some muscle rigid thing happening)

but for months, I lifted both as needed. She only had to drag TA about 10 or 20 feet one time. (I could not have picked up either parent in my arms and carried, but it was not a problem to lift etc, pull, move..etc)

with regard to size of person and carrying or dragging a person or body, I have cared for my mom during her last 5 months (with cancer) here at home and she fell many times. She was also 5'0" like me and she was 120 lbs. My dad also fell (also passed away and had Parkinson's) and at 5'0" I was able to help him up many times from a fall. He was 5' 8" and maybe 150 however when you fall and you have Parkinson's you are not as easy to get up compared to a limp body. He would be rather stiff and I almost had to fully lift him to a stand (he would have some muscle rigid thing happening)

but for months, I lifted both as needed. She only had to drag TA about 10 or 20 feet one time. (I could not have picked up either parent in my arms and carried, but it was not a problem to lift etc, pull, move..etc)

I agree. At 5'4" I have lifted many people and could easily drag someone twice my size. They want her to appear small and frail but IMO she is not either.:moo:

Linda, I know this is probably long settled.....but I had the same problem with my IPad......it said I could watch an episode if I downloaded the app, which I did, then it wanted me to subscribe for a year and I was not going there. I deleted the app. So, I am right on that page with you! :)

If youtube will work for you guys on IPad - here is a link I found.
48 Hours "Picture Perfect" - YouTube

This is from the medical examiner:

((In addition to the multiple knife wounds, Alexander was also shot with a .25 semi-automatic gun and the bullet "passed down through the skull through the face and downward to the left and terminates in the left cheek.

“He would be incapacitated… rapidly," determined Horn, and may even have been dead at the time of the shooting.

After much debate about the actual cause of death, Horn said he believes it was "primarily blood loss," and both the neck wound and the gunshot would have caused unconsciousness within a few seconds, and the stabbing "would definitely cause))

--------------------
since the bullet was through the skull down and out through a cheek, my thought was that she had the camera, and gun, and as he bent over to rinse his hair or he bent to grab a towel facing her, bend over, she steps toward him and then shot through the skull, which came out left cheek. It only went through the skull and out a cheek, so that seems to me if it stopped there, he could have survived that shot. He would be stunned, or disoriented, but adrenaline would kick in, survival instinct.. get out and run, or hold himself up at the sink where it seems he was stabbed due to how bloody it is.

I just don't quite picture her snapping the photo, he was looking at her, then she walks toward him with a knife, I think he could have over powered her better if she got that close to him (and he was still looking) I don't picture her doing any stabbing Bates Motel style or I would see so much more blood spatter "in" the shower, and I can't see any on the shower walls (unless she washed it off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966