Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't think BW's pregnancy is the reason. I haven't watched too many trials, but I am pretty sure BW will only be needed one or two days. They can always have BW testify via TV if she is not able to make it.

There's no reason why they can't set dates for hearings and for jury selection and for the trial, around BW's pregnancy. Yeah, it's possible that if the trial started 2-3 months after BW's baby is born, she will be in the hospital, not able to make it, but anything could happen to anyone involved in the trial. There's no reason they couldn't have gotten all the hearings out of the way now.

We all agree that the reason for the trial's postponement has not been disclosed.

I want to add that witnesses do not normally testify on TV. So, that really isn't an option. Closed circuit TV is used when it is not feasible or convenient for an incarcerated defendant to be present at some type of hearing such as arraignment or for the Court to appoint counsel. For example, in some jurisdictionsctions jails and courthouses are miles apart. The jails are equipped with cc television where the defendant can answer the court's questions in a special room at the jail.

It would not be feasible for the Court to make the same arrangement for a witness in a trial. Plus, it would open the flood gates to requests from people not wanting to come to Court to testify. In this particular case, the Court would have to set up the system in BW's home which is several states and miles away from Myrtle Beach.

In addition, it would deny the jury the opportunity to see an in-person view of the witness. MOO, but this would probably be possible grounds for a mistrial. All witnesses need to be present in Court in a trial of this magnitude.

While pregnancy being the cause for the delay is speculation on our parts, that doesn't mean it's NOT the cause for the delay. I'm still hanging my hat on it. While, like hoppy said, we haven't "seen anything that gives any credence to that being true," we also haven't seen anything that gives credence to any other explanation. Nor have we seen anything that negates the theory. :twocents:

Jumping off your post SS.

I don't think any outside factors should effect setting a trial date. Set it (if the State thinks they have a case). There are way too many situations that arise in the day-to-day world and people's personal lives that could be used as an excuse. It's the law and they need to show up when subpoenaed. And in most cases, the court will work with a witness' schedule to accommodate them.

As far as BW being pregnant and both parties waiting for her to be available... there is no MSM to prove that it's true or otherwise. So, we can all be free to speculate if we want. But, let's not call it "truth" and start a rumor mill as such. Anything is possible.

Both the State and the D agreed to the delay so, they must have both been in agreement about something, right? Otherwise, the D would have kept pushing for a speedy trial and wanted to move forward with a trial. But then again, if they knew the State was scrambling for non-circumstantial evidence, then they may be thinking the case could get dropped completely as more time goes by and the M's are free.:twocents:

"Everyone agreed with that decision during the telephone conference," he said.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1201624#.VamGFCqrRFQ

Had a good laugh this am, seems someone needs some attention and is back to old tricks....

What happened?

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

Let's just say someone is in need of attention and getting it by posting as their disney spouse and unlocking their fb pages.

Two observations - is somebody pregnant? Hubby's hand on belly in one pic and middle looking a little rounder in another. Also, both feet look normal in those pics.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit, although I really don't think she was actually pregnant last year. I think that was an attempt to get out of jail.

Been watching the James Holmes trial everyday since it began. @TedMac there were actually a few videotaped testimonies today due to witness scheduling. Granted it was in the second phase of trial but still it was used.

Now I am constantly checking fb. I just can't figure out how they are living a happy little life. I hope the evidence is enough.

Eww, how disgusting, the way they are trying to get attention. The post that annoyed me the most was SM's post about OTH. I've never seen more narcissistic people in my life. Wonder if their attorneys told them to open up their pages and post happy happy normal family stuff.

ETA: Oh, I think I see now......he's recounting every day in the days leading up to them murdering HE, I guess trying to prove how happy and in love they were. He also posted a long and rambling post about his brand new truck, purchased right before they murdered HE, going on and on about how the truck can track his every move (basically, has a GPS system). So, he can't possibly have been where they say he was, right? Because of that awesome GPS system?

Innocent people don't have to go to such great lengths to prove their innocence to the court of public opinion. They are seriously like children!

Eww, how disgusting, the way they are trying to get attention. The post that annoyed me the most was SM's post about OTH. I've never seen more narcissistic people in my life. Wonder if their attorneys told them to open up their pages and post happy happy normal family stuff.

ETA: Oh, I think I see now......he's recounting every day in the days leading up to them murdering HE, I guess trying to prove how happy and in love they were. He also posted a long and rambling post about his brand new truck, purchased right before they murdered HE, going on and on about how the truck can track his every move (basically, has a GPS system). So, he can't possibly have been where they say he was, right? Because of that awesome GPS system?

Innocent people don't have to go to such great lengths to prove their innocence to the court of public opinion. They are seriously like children!
I have little doubt that's actually TM posting as SM. She's trying to dumb him down, so that it's not obvious she's the one doing the posting.

Yeah I was questioning if he was really doing the posting. I even wonder if some others were real people liking their stuff. But apparently they still have friends.. Yeah the oth comment was so weird. There is no way a normal person would post that when there SO lives with them. Why not just have a conversation in real life about it.

Dang why don't I use Facebook?! You guys getting me curious!!!

Dang why don't I use Facebook?! You guys getting me curious!!!

You could just sign up to fb with a different email and explore. No reason to add friends or anything like that. I think I have 5 fb. I only use two now.

You could just sign up to fb with a different email and explore. No reason to add friends or anything like that. I think I have 5 fb. I only use two now.

I have one but don't use it for years. But you just reminded me I can use my sister's one. I want to be "in the loop " ,lol
Also I wonder what do TM thinks of us? Because I'm so sure she reads here!
Hi there. :)

I wish we had our social media thread back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae