Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
worked 12 years in a service with the goal of placing people in jobs and the biggest population served was those with criminal offenses. Places that hire those persons are restaurants, construction, jobs such as meat processing, canneries, lumber mills, recycling centers. Or experienced like heavy machine, tree trimmers with backgrounds. Know a meat processing plant that would take someone who killed more than one person, the only thing they won't do is rehire someone who is fired or leaves. Companies like Lowes, WalMarts, QVC, electrical comp, etc. if they say they're doing a background, they do the background. Most of these type places will say if someone has something, we take make a decision on the individual case, but if the conviction is within something like, usually 5-7 years, rarely will the person get offered a job. Usually when they say they hire persons with criminal history, they mean charges 5-7 years old and then a couple of DUIS or maybe simple possession. Some of these companies will not hire any theft or fraud, some no theft, fraud, and/or violent offenses.

If you get caught lying on application, you will walk. Some apps will ask have you been charged with felony in past 5 years, or maybe felony or a misdemeanor in past 5 years, and I have seen them ask have you been arrested in past 5 years, or charged with anything other than minor traffic offenses. I know that persons with any criminal history on record are limited in opportunities and it was very hard for those with recent offenses when the economy was really in the toilet.

Smaller and privately owned businesses are easier, but the larger companies have policies in place and HR does not bend easily on those policies.

Also if you apply for a job and they tell you they are doing the background, they are really interested in you, and most of the time, are planning to make you an offer. Because backgrounds and drug tests cost money. Sometimes they go ahead and make an offer but tentative on the result of background and drug test.

It is very possible it is a temporary, or seasonal position for the Food & Wine Festival. They need a lot of people for that event, there is a lot of food and drink kiosks that keep a long line of customers all day long. I would imagine they hire hundreds for this. Some probably get hired on permanently afterwards.

Sent from my A3-A20 using Tapatalk

That could be it, perhaps he is just a temporary hire.

Bond was initially modified to allow Moorer permission to travel to Florida for a job interview, but restricted his long-term travel to either Georgia or North Carolina.

So I'm assuming that he is allowed to take the job in Florida, but it cannot be long-term?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/paid_content/article_22f982d6-50b7-11e5-83a5-9f08752e33d5.html

Where does Tammys mom live? Will they all be moving together. Makes me wonder about where Heather is.

Where does Tammys mom live? Will they all be moving together. Makes me wonder about where Heather is.
She lives on the compound in the house next door.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Those discounts won't pay the rent and put food on the table. A single person would have a hard time making ends meet on a cook's wages. The M's are a family of five.

This is true but these people have already shown us that they know how to beg,lie,cheat and steal to get money and/or things that they want. They'll have to work on not getting caught though. Those fraud charges aren't going away.

Just realized something Magnolia posted, this article was from Oct 1998?

The cost of running the checks was not disclosed, but Warren said it is ``significant.'' The Florida Department of Law Enforcement charges $15 for a statewide criminal check, which covers city, county and state arrests. However, Disney plans to check employees going back seven years, which means some out-of-state research would be required. Disney has contracted with a company to do the work.

And the charge for a statewide criminal check was $15 seventeen years ago? What could it possibly be now? The article also stated in 1998 they had 51,000 employees and hired several hundred new workers a month. Disney has grown rapidly since then, wonder if they pay that expense today for every new hire.

Maybe that's how SM slipped right through cracks.... JMO

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/oct/18/news/mn-33641
Last edited by magnolia; 09-02-2015 at 08:47 AM.

The cost is about the same. $15 - $25 for state, $40 - $50 for nationwide is what I've seen recently. I think advances on technology make it easier than it used to be which would counteract inflation charges. JMO. So angry to think he could be working in the most magical place on earth.

Makes me choke on my own spit to know that he's got his revised school boy look and living and working in his dream location - after he's put the Elvis family (and many more) in a life long crapfest of sorrow.

It does state his position is in the "Food and Wine" unit. This is a festival that Epcot has to showcase food and drinks from different worldly regions. It is only temporary and usually ends the first week of November IIRC. I imagine most of those employees are hired solely for the time period of the festival. Not that it makes it any better...

JMO, hoping DeltaDawn will give some input...

It does state his position is in the "Food and Wine" unit. This is a festival that Epcot has to showcase food and drinks from different worldly regions. It is only temporary and usually ends the first week of November IIRC. I imagine most of those employees are hired solely for the time period of the festival. Not that it makes it any better...

So their whole M family can move to Florida based on a temporary cook job? :doughboy::doughboy: Typical of this case.....Soooo not surprised.

OMG.....his smiling face. Makes me want to :banghead:

I do think it is for the festival. There are so many kiosks serving thousands of people, they always need to up the manforce for this event. A lot of the temporary people are hoping for a permanent position out of this and many will get one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The title of this thread should be changed to: "No Trial Date Set Yet for Sidney & Tammy Moorer"

Guys, you can be as upset as you want, but the STATE is allowing this. The Solicitor did not object. The judge didn't have a problem with it. SM & TM can only do what the STATE of SC allows them to do wrt movement out of state while on bond.

Write letters to the Solicitor. Ask the local media to do a followup story on whether the Solicitor will ever take this case to trial and get an investigative crime type reporter to interview the Solicitor what's the holdup or if they've just given up altogether. Ask the tough questions to the right people -- the people who are in charge of this case for the state.

This is on the State of SC, 100%.

Looks like fb pages are private. I guess they don't want everyone to know that they'll be at Disney everyday. ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes