Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does indeed appear that they're getting away with this one altogether. I do not see the kidnapping charge sticking. If that goes away, I think we can expect to see a lawsuit against the police and the Solicitor's office, and God knows who else, and lotsa more drama.

Well, if they choose to go the civil lawsuit against LE & the solicitor's office, wouldn't they be deposed? They have changed their story too many times and I think would get caught up in their own drama.

Oh my gosh, this is sickening! Sol. Richardson needs to put a stop to T's rantings on Facebook. She is CLEARLY harassing the Elvis family.

I agree. Something needs to be done. The postings are over the top. You would think the M's attorneys would advise them about the rants on social media.

If there are no consequences to the social media postings (consequences like being held in contempt of court as one example) then the state is basically telegraphing they are okay with what's happening.

This solicitor's office has done some version of rolling over and playing dead, IMO. Really not cool of them.

Well, if they choose to go the civil lawsuit against LE & the solicitor's office, wouldn't they be deposed? They have changed their story too many times and I think would get caught up in their own drama.

I suppose the chance of a suit being filed might actually be diminished if the state still has a future option to charge them again. But who knows what mileage they can get out of this. Certainly if there's any to be had, they'll chase it.

I agree. Something needs to be done. The postings are over the top. You would think the M's attorneys would advise them about the rants on social media.

That's what I find fascinating. The lawyers are doing nothing to shut up their clients. But then the lawyers were said to have violated the order themselves as I recall, so it appears no one even cares, least of all the Solicitor's office.

That's what I find fascinating. The lawyers are doing nothing to shut up their clients. But then the lawyers were said to have violated the order themselves as I recall, so it appears no one even cares, least of all the Solicitor's office.

IMO the lawyers have advised them to not FB but TM does what she wants. I hope the M's are piling up more & more contempt charges with each post and the solicitor is just letting them run with it so it adds up to sizable charges.

IMO the lawyers have advised them to not FB but TM does what she wants. I hope the M's are piling up more & more contempt charges with each post and the solicitor is just letting them run with it so it adds up to sizable charges.

I don't think the state can effectively explain to the court how it sat out a violation of the gag order for the purpose of trying to gather enough charges to nail the M's. I also don't see how the defense can get a pass on this.

I personally think the M's walked a year ago and the rest is details. JMO

I'm basing this opinion on what we've seen from the M's so far. I feel like the lawyers are telling them to stop, TM does whatever she wants because she's TM and SM isn't allowed on social media. JMO

A lawyer can't physically force a client to do anything; all s/he can do is strongly advise a client. But in the end, if a client wants to shoot themselves in the foot, and then turn and shoot themselves in the other foot, their lawyer can't stop it.

As in Al Capone and OJ.............they will make a mistake and land in jail for something else.
They should be VERY afraid! Didn't learn a lesson? Crazy as a fox.......(sorry to all fox)

I'm hoping the kidnapping charge puts them away long enough to make them suffer. Maybe before they get out, HE will be found.

I agree with passionflower, they didn't get OJ or the Cummings/Croslins for what they wanted, but they are all sitting in prison anyway.

The social media surrounding this case is an interesting dichotomy. It seems the defendant's lawyers should be strongly suggesting them to stop their social media rantings. However, from day 1 this case has had explosive social media attention. From the first bond hearing T's attorney's inference was "we don't know that T wrote those posts". Also, some of their apologists on social media seem to strongly suggest the same. That's the common thing running through the pages and rants , that something is not quite right. So, I think between the support pages for the accused and the supporters of the victims everything has gotten so cloudy. To me all of the social media is a sideshow and if you extract all of it, you still have the facts from the first hearing. So maybe the lawyers don't mind their clients rantings and their supporter pages. The obvious goal is to taint the jury pool, no matter a change of venue. The solicitor might not want to shut down the side show either. Their thinking may be someone might slip up.

MY Horry News posted that they have a front page editorial to lift the gag order in the case.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_2f07aae0-eae4-11e5-92b5-3f61f5d52cea.html

One of the commentaries sound like some of the social media pages:
When Heather disappeared in December 2013, community volunteers turned out in droves to look for her. By keeping the gag order in place and allowing police to work in secret, there’s no incentive for anyone to continue the search.

No incentive for anyone to continue to search? I think sincere people that have only Heather in mind do not mind the gag order if it preserves justice for Heather.

The social media surrounding this case is an interesting dichotomy. It seems the defendant's lawyers should be strongly suggesting them to stop their social media rantings. However, from day 1 this case has had explosive social media attention. From the first bond hearing T's attorney's inference was "we don't know that T wrote those posts". Also, some of their apologists on social media seem to strongly suggest the same. That's the common thing running through the pages and rants , that something is not quite right. So, I think between the support pages for the accused and the supporters of the victims everything has gotten so cloudy. To me all of the social media is a sideshow and if you extract all of it, you still have the facts from the first hearing. So maybe the lawyers don't mind their clients rantings and their supporter pages. The obvious goal is to taint the jury pool, no matter a change of venue. The solicitor might not want to shut down the side show either. Their thinking may be someone might slip up.

But this has been what's wrong with this case all along - at its core is a theme of a state lying in wait for that moment when, finally, someone does or says something that presents as a gift to the prosecution the case it hasn't been able to make on the merits of the evidence.

I frankly think the myth of a Solicitor as a strategically savvy covert operator just baiting the guilty into a carefully laid trap is part of the theater in this case and it doesn't serve the victim or facilitate justice for her. I'm not directing that at you personally; I'm speaking to failures by the authorities that, in my opinion, commenced the moment the car was found.

Maybe the state can get a conviction for kidnapping but they'll have to get that case to trial first, and as we've seen, the defense in the past has said what all defense lawyers say - 'my client looks forward to proving his/her innocence in court' - and then came the inevitable NP, because the murder charge was never going to court. So, I don't even trust that we'll see a trial on what's left of the charges.

There's a lot wrong with this case and it flows from both sides of the aisle. I find this incredibly tragic for Heather and think she deserved more than to be victimized again and again because ego and personalities and media theatrics got in the way.

MY Horry News posted that they have a front page editorial to lift the gag order in the case.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_2f07aae0-eae4-11e5-92b5-3f61f5d52cea.html

One of the commentaries sound like some of the social media pages:
When Heather disappeared in December 2013, community volunteers turned out in droves to look for her. By keeping the gag order in place and allowing police to work in secret, there’s no incentive for anyone to continue the search.

No incentive for anyone to continue to search? I think sincere people that have only Heather in mind do not mind the gag order if it preserves justice for Heather.

BBM

I totally agree with the commentary and have been saying the same thing. I think the gag order has only hampered the public's interest and drive in helping to find Heather. The State quickly redirected their goal of the investigation from a search/recovery mission to a persecution of such.

I would also have to respectively disagree with your statement in bold. I never thought the order was in effect to "protect" Heather (or the M's for that matter). There are rarely cases such as this where a gag order is issued. I think the bigger question is to ask why it was really put in place?

But this has been what's wrong with this case all along - at its core is a theme of a state lying in wait for that moment when, finally, someone does or says something that presents as a gift to the prosecution the case it hasn't been able to make on the merits of the evidence.

I frankly think the myth of a Solicitor as a strategically savvy covert operator just baiting the guilty into a carefully laid trap is part of the theater in this case and it doesn't serve the victim or facilitate justice for her. I'm not directing that at you personally; I'm speaking to failures by the authorities that, in my opinion, commenced the moment the car was found.

Maybe the state can get a conviction for kidnapping but they'll have to get that case to trial first, and as we've seen, the defense in the past has said what all defense lawyers say - 'my client looks forward to proving his/her innocence in court' - and then came the inevitable NP, because the murder charge was never going to court. So, I don't even trust that we'll see a trial on what's left of the charges.

There's a lot wrong with this case and it flows from both sides of the aisle. I find this incredibly tragic for Heather and think she deserved more than to be victimized again and again because ego and personalities and media theatrics got in the way.

BBM - "maybe the state can get a conviction for kidnapping." I have been asking myself that. I just don't understand what the evidence could be that they could get a conviction on that, but not the murder charge? Is it because there is not a body? Why have other cases been prosecuted successfully without a body? If they can get a conviction of the kidnapping, it's not a huge leap to the murder charge. What socially media active 20 year old disappears off the grid for this amount of time? What am I missing?

Those FB rants....sound rambling and PSYCHOTIC. If I was a Facebook friend of theirs, I would think these people have more than a few screws loose.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member