Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - "maybe the state can get a conviction for kidnapping." I have been asking myself that. I just don't understand what the evidence could be that they could get a conviction on that, but not the murder charge? Is it because there is not a body? Why have other cases been prosecuted successfully without a body? If they can get a conviction of the kidnapping, it's not a huge leap to the murder charge. What socially media active 20 year old disappears off the grid for this amount of time? What am I missing?

I honestly think that if they couldn't get murder, they can't get kidnapping. Recalling the remarks of the Solicitor's office after the arrests about how they essentially made all the pieces fit the warrant they wanted, I think they were rushing, whether in reaction to public pressure or some other competing factor. So, I don't think the absence of a body is their problem. I think there's a logic collision between the PTL scenario and the lack of any physical evidence there pointing to a crime. Add to this the immediate end of the evidence trail at PTL (other than what they call "stuff" found at the M's home, which at best seems to just be additional circumstantial connections between the M's and Heather, if even that), a timeline that cannot accommodate the theory, and the M's simply driving back home, the prevailing question is 'where is Heather?', followed by the question of 'if she was kidnapped....how, why...and then what?' That's when the absence of a body starts to matter.

I just can't see a defense team allowing the state a protracted circular journey back to a murder charge, and this is why I don't view the state's behavior as strategic. My position has always been that the circumstantial evidence trail is not enough to get these two convicted. Obviously, the dots are easy enough to connect, but that's not a case to take to court. I really think the patience on the part of the defense is about systematically dismantling this case until all the charges are gone.

BBM

I totally agree with the commentary and have been saying the same thing. I think the gag order has only hampered the public's interest and drive in helping to find Heather. The State quickly redirected their goal of the investigation from a search/recovery mission to a persecution of such.

I would also have to respectively disagree with your statement in bold. I never thought the order was in effect to "protect" Heather (or the M's for that matter). There are rarely cases such as this where a gag order is issued. I think the bigger question is to ask why it was really put in place?

Respectful disagreement accepted. However I do not disagree that the order was put in place to protect Heather. I said people who want justice for Heather don't mind the gag order. I consider myself in that camp. You raised the question of why the gag was put in place. Why do you think it was put in place?

It's getting harder and harder to convince myself that the state has some sort of plan..I hoped they didn't fight the bond because they somehow planned on getting more info from their (the M's) movements or bugged their house. I hoped that they were allowing the gag order to be broken so they could let charges pile up and hit them at once..I hoped that the gag order was protecting some huge bombshell of evidence pointing to their guilt. I was praying for so much more but I just don't feel like this case is being taken care of properly. Its awful and sickening to watch these monsters :mad:
I will still hold out hope that somehow, heather and her family will get justice.

A gag order is done for one reason: to protect the case and keep statements and info about the case, the evidence, the parties limited so that the case can be litigated fairly when it goes to trial, rather than tried outside the courtroom. It's not about protecting the victim--that ship has already sailed; the victim is dead. It's all about the legal case and trying to preserve both sides' rights to a fair trial (the people as well as the defendants).

Yeah, SM calls Heather first after she had not talked to him for several weeks. She calls him back and eventually they talk upwards of 4 min. She leaves her apartment in the early morning hours (proved by her cell phone pings) and drives to PTL. SM/TM or someone driving their truck, drives at the same time to PTL. One can state that the roommate is lying (though I doubt anyone would think she would be lying) but even if you dismiss the roommate, you still have the activity of both parties driving and heading to the same place at the same time.

Also remember, they have video of SM making the phone call. Which proves the roommate wasn't lying.

So LE can do whatever they want, how they want, and not be questioned by the public and in the media IMO.

I believe that might be part of it. But I also think it curbed back some of the derogatory posts that were made about Heather on SM, at least until the more serious charge of murder was dropped (whether that was their intention or not).

I know I felt better about Heather getting the respect she deserves when the Ms weren't spewing garbage about her all over the Internet. The only place their made up stories would ever be real is in their delusional fantasyland. They are beyond disrespectful--and to someone who paid the ultimate price for having the DISpleasure of knowing them. I mean, I felt like throwing up when TM had only called her a *advertiser censored*. Now she's a fat, damaged, sexually abused prostitute who liked to trade BJs for pumpkin spiced lattes.

Just typing that out makes me blind with rage.

Gag order or not, posting slanderous, vindictive, and narcissistic comments on Facebook aren't going to gain the M's any sympathy regardless of guilt or innocence. They are childish and downright classless.

Gag order or not, posting slanderous, vindictive, and narcissistic comments on Facebook aren't going to gain the M's any sympathy regardless of guilt or innocence. They are childish and downright classless.

I really think the M's fan base was established a long time ago and their enemies are also likely still the same.

So as long as the system allows them to violate the gag order, it's probably more about the system losing credibility than the same fools different day losing anything.

So LE can do whatever they want, how they want, and not be questioned by the public and in the media IMO.

I agree with you PTF. However, I think shutting down the defense attorneys was part of their reason for the gag order. Information/facts might be revealed that would be difficult for some people to hear. IMO

I think that the state dismissed the murder charges and kept the kidnapping ones to see if they will be convicted on that charge to give them an idea if they stand a chance on the murder charge. That way, they can still have the murder charge pending. Let`s all hope that Sid gets charged with kidnapping and then maybe he will start yapping. IMO

I think that the state dismissed the murder charges and kept the kidnapping ones to see if they will be convicted on that charge to give them an idea if they stand a chance on the murder charge. That way, they can still have the murder charge pending. Let`s all hope that Sid gets charged with kidnapping and then maybe he will start yapping. IMO

Does anyone know if a trial date for TM has been set for kidnapping charges? Hope she's not going to be able to weasel out of this one.

I get so frustrate when I read their fb pages. The page they have set up, the stories and ideas are so outrages I can't believe anyone would believe them.
If they are so innocent why don't they finally tell their story of what happen that night, we know she talked to him, a vehicle matching their truck was seen on video, he was seen on video. Seriously I love to hear all about the reasoning's they will come up with. Ugh I just wished this would come to an end.

TM's FB profile pic is one of her sitting at a car wash (or something) with her wrinkled cleavage shoved up to her throat. Really? Snapping and posting these selfies is what you think you should be doing right now? The ego is out of this world.

Thank you, well said.

:rant:

I am 100% convinced that the M's lured and trapped Heather. They chose PTL because there was only one way in & out. That may have been their downfall as well because the video will show everyone coming & going. The Prosecutor noted that "Heather was fearful of Tammy" - no way would she have met up with that woman in the middle of the night at a remote spot. Sidney had to convince Heather that Tammy was not in the picture to lure her out. Tammy barraged Heather with texts - just a small sample have been shared. How long did that go on - did Tammy suddenly stop texting Heather after a certain date/time? If the M's were so confident, they would sit back & wait for the trial IMO - not totally flip out all over SM - changing stories, making up alias's and trashing EVERYONE - prosecutors, LE, victim, victim's family. This obsessive psycho insanity we are seeing from TM was entirely directed at Heather Elvis after the affair was discovered. Heather was afraid. GAH - I am afraid of that woman. She is absolutely dangerous and she will self destruct no matter the outcome of this trial. It is amazing that she survived this long without legal issues. If Sidney had any, he would have taken the computer away from her long ago.
:rant:

It seems clear enough that the more TM gets a reaction to anything she posts, the more she posts.

I think they only want to try S first and hoping for a conviction and then maybe he will start talking. She is going to come unwound if he gets charged because she will know what is coming. Maybe he will come out and finally tell the truth to get a lesser charge on the murder if he does ever confess. Kidnapping carries a lot of years sentencing. I would be making some kind of plea deal if I were in his shoes. Once he is safe away from her, he may feel safer and do some talking. I think that no one in their house is safe including the kids. You never hear her brag about her children or post many photos lately. It has all been about her and what they have been going through. In the beginning they never once owned that they were innocent. Not one time. An innocent person would have never tried to cover things up with all the trash she has spewed since day one. I showed some photos of this case to my friend who didn`t know anything about this case and as soon as she saw Ts photo, she said right there is the killer.

SM has a picture of a bible verse posted as his cover photo--Isaiah 54:17.

Well, I've got a few verses for him. Proverbs 6:16-19.

IMO Sidney will be the only one convicted of kidnapping and if he talks, he will say he acted alone (fall on the sword). Sidney called & lured Heather out; Sidney lied to the police; Sidney's truck was used. I hope DSS (in Florida?) is keeping tabs on this family. Remember the filthy house, rotting meat, etc? TM is spending all her time & energy on social media like right before the first arrests. I suspect the drinking has resumed and the house is falling apart again. Tammy has allot of alias's and very few friends. Once Sidney is gone, she will have a complete breakdown. I hope the kids survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025