Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught that too but knowing Jodi she will say she went to one in California. I don't think she practiced mormonism once she returned to California. Her reason for joining was Travis and to put up a front that she was a devout Mormon to Travis and his friends. Once she went back to CA she most likely didn't bother with keeping up the front.

I agree. She knew he wouldn't date a girl that wasn't a Mormon and in her own words on the stand, the goal was to marry him.

I was a federal health nurse working for CDC and specializing in STD. I was sent to Northern AZ and lived in a small town of Snowflake. I think I was the only one to admit to not being Mormon. No disrespect to the Mormon- but I was kept very busy treating this group-from teenagers to the bishops. Every story that was told in this trial- I heard before and more. I heard the strangest stories from the high ups and bishops, how they would contract a STD-from falling off horses to the old stand by "the toilet seat". This community was no different than any other. I thought I was either going to be shot or treated very well due to the secrets I knew. I was treated well and really I just found a bunch of people that were messed up about sex. At least all the men knew the secrets and the women didn't seem liked they cared. I was a fun 4 years. I came from a strict southern Baptist background-quite an experience.

to start, everyone should cruise over to the JA innocent site. Now they are trying to say that the 2nd receipt JM produced for SLC Utah gas is FAKE. LMAO

Does Jean C. post over there? :crazy:

....already feeling jaded knowing that I'll be watching defence witnesses for a defenceless case...oh my...
At least we are all in this together...
Justice for Travis, his family, friends, and all of us here at WS who strive and hope for justice for all victims of crime....

Lissette Martinez @martinezliss#jodiarias briefly walked in and back out of room, she's wearing a navy blue polo shirt, she was smiling and upbeat

Lissette Martinez @martinezliss

#jodiarias briefly walked in and back out of room, she's wearing a navy blue polo shirt, she was smiling and upbeat

Congrats!!!! I'm waiting for the background check on a job with the state to come back. Fingers crossed!

Wait...fingers crossed on the offer or...the results of the background check?

:great:

Considering all this, I'm surprised we have not seen the killer/defendant act out towards JM, breaking thru her fake composure.
Usually narcissistic rages only ever happen in private - and the targets are usually those closest to the narcissist.

Sam Vaknin is a very well known (kinda scary) self-admitted psychopath and narcissist - or what might be better known as a malignant narcissist. He says this:
Most narcissists react defensively. They become conspicuously indignant, aggressive, and cold. They detach emotionally for fear of yet another (narcissistic) injury. They devalue the person who made the disparaging remark, the critical comment, the unflattering observation, the innocuous joke at the narcissist's expense.

By holding the critic in contempt, by diminishing the stature of the discordant conversant – the narcissist minimises the impact of the disagreement or criticism on himself. This is a defence mechanism known as cognitive dissonance.

Like a trapped animal, the narcissist is forever on the lookout: was this comment meant to demean him? Was this utterance a deliberate attack? Gradually, his mind turns into a chaotic battlefield of paranoia and ideas of reference until he loses touch with reality and retreats to his own world of fantasised and unchallenged grandiosity.

When the disagreement or criticism or disapproval or approbation are public, though, the narcissist tends to regard them as Narcissistic Supply! Only when they are expressed in private – does the narcissist rage against them.

We were discussing narcissistic rage at the tail end of the last thread. I found a few pretty decent articles describing it should you be interested:

http://thenarcissistatwork.com/2012/10/what-is-narcissistic-rage/

http://www.afterpsychotherapy.com/narcissistic-rage/

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/just-listen/201202/rage-coming-soon-narcissist-near-you

It's impossible to keep up with posts during testimony and I wasn't around after hours so I saved a number of posts from yesterday including this one of yours. It sticks with me especially when hearing certain defenses of JA and what I view as inability to see JA for what she is. Whether it's susceptibility to her in particular or psychopaths in general or the story she and her defense have concocted it is concerning to hear the narratives of her as a scorned woman or a woman provoked to act.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Here's your post, I think it's very important:

I very much worry over those who simply see a woman scorned in Jodi instead of the walking, talking epitome of abusive behaviors she actually is. (Please understand I am not trying to be belittling or dismissive either...this comes from a good place, I swear.)

When you can't, or won't, see abuse for what it is just because it doesn't look the way you'd presume it opens the doors that you, or those you love, may become victims of it yourself. Apart from his murder - no matter what your 'mate' does, stalking is never acceptable - it is a form of psychological torture. Violating boundaries and their privacy constantly isn't okay either. Destroying another person's property or warning folks off someone just because you're jealous shouldn't become alright because he did a,b,c first. It's wrong, period. And just those actions alone are very congruent with a batterer for a very sound reason - abuse is always all about control.

A relationship with a psychopath is something I truly wouldn't wish on my very worst enemy - much less the gentle, compassionate souls that often follow this forum.

JMO and FWIW

And the occasional flash of uncontrollable "duper's delight."

I didn't see as much of that yesterday as on her first day of cross. I think reality sunk in a bit: "Hey! These jurors aren't buying what I'm selling? People have ALWAYS believed my lies. What gives? I spent YEARS coming up with this story! It's a masterpiece that could hang next to a Van Gogh or a Monet." :great:

I finally have to make a decision today...

I watch General Hospital at 1pm (central) which is now with the timechange, no longer lunch break! LOL!!

Monday and Tuesday no trial. Yesterday, I set my DVR for GH, then we got a Pope so it was preempted.

Now today, when possibly the most ridiculous yet boring testimony is coming...GH might win out. LOL!!

I will give it a go for 30 minutes. Are all of you going to be doing less trial watching and more living during the next couple of days?

I am a GH fan also. Now that the time change has happened it has interfered with my watching it. I will have to rely on GH spoilers.

Hi everyone!! Please let's hope Nurmi doesn't stay on all day? :please:

JM sitting quietly at his desk, just waiting #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members