Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha he is convincing me that JA has come to believe her new story and lies will get her out of jail. That and her new relationships in jail Who develops self confidence while in jail?

Being in jail lifted her depression....ha, ha , ha , ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand.

He first met with her when she was going with the ninja story.

How can you possibly talk about her mindset when she was lying to you?

Yeah good Dr she knew by that time she was going down for the murder of course she would be depressed.

Are all of the "new" things from this morning that JM wanted out going to be admitted?
I missed the first part of this afternoon's court.

This guy seems creepy. What does PTSD have to do with JA shooting, stabbing, throat slashing someone in "self defense"? And the article in Time about when you have a gun pointed at you- that has nothing to do with JA. No one had a gun pointed at her on June 4th, 2008. She was the one pointing guns on that day.

I think, although I cant read their minds, that they are trying to go with the theory that all that forced sex and horrible upbringing has created PTSD which has caused her to do things she normally would not do.

*shrug*

He says she was a 'pacifist'..I don't know many pacifists who are in the human butcherer category.

ROFLL :floorlaugh:

Wild About Trial
Willmott asks Dr. Samuels about memory issues. He says a bunch of big words in a run on sentance. #JodiArias

Can't help but think this jury is also looking forward to Juan gettin' hold of this guy! I'm sure he'll touch on that 'pacifist' label...LOL... :)

Hi Guys . . . I just found a livestream that works (having trouble this afternoon) . . .

Just jumping on . . .. .

Restoration work - deemed to be mentally unfit . . . . go to facility until they are able to stand trial . . . most of the time he is hired by the defense.

ever turned down a case?
turned down a few when I could not help them . .I would tell them I couldn't help . if they wanted me to write a report to save money

Hired prior to 12/16/2009 . . . discussed case w/Nurmi - gave background what happened, interest in the case - met w/JA . . . attempt to develop the repoire . . . met 12 times over the course . . .

he knew this would be difficult for her - skirted around issues of events that happened with her . .. she told about the 2 intruders story - didn't push the point/confront her first couple of times . . . asking most intimate details . . .. try to develop a repoire . . . he never records - people are usually reluctant . . . very rarely record . . .. you have to write very quickly sometimes a word or two is missed and have to get that info next time . . .. he is not linear. . . what's on her mind today - he also had his agenda . . . previous interaction can get out his information - they skirt around issues that are particularly important

after meeting with JA he eventually writes a report - a function of the interviews and a review of case history . . . he read 1500 or 1600 pgs in diarys beginning in Jr. High . .. he administered 2 psychological tests . . .. the Milan . . . paper test - algorhythm . . . uses that as a 2nd opinion. . . trained in psychology he learns to look @ the world with a clinical eye . . . reviewed media footage, reviewed messages and such . . he made his report . . . he has to write down his notes . . . . would have been easier if he did it in a linear fashion but not how he did it . . . specific dates aren't really that important . . . .maybe they are to LEO but not to him - it is a global approach.
did you ever make an addendum?
I did . . . .new information came available the hard dr

objection

(new info being introduced? . . . . .uh-oh!0

In that addendum did you change your opinion - no . . .

Ja was first talking about intruder s tory . . . not initially confront her wanted to see if her story changed @ all . . . . Nurmi and he eventually confronted her . . . she eventually stopped the intruder story and eventually now says this is what happened . . . .

ever have to confront her again?
not on that - no

intruder story - did ya get feeling she wasn't being forthcoming about the whole story . . .
I did - often have patients who don't tell whole story for a year or so . . . . establishing rapport . . ..

confidence level . .
clear to me it became after the beginning . . .

felt that she was woman with low self-esteem . . . . pacifist . . . I read all her writings by that point, she was confused . . .more to the story than she revealed . . . in order to do eval you have to confront stories that are improbable . .

more recently for foundation sake - end of last year
yes found her to be more confident, incontrol of her feelings, depression had lifted to a large degree from last time I had seen her (talking about suicide @ one point)

Memory - . . . degree in Bio-Psychology . . . . used to teach undergrad and grad students . . . director of cognitive . . . .cognitive exercise programs . . . Dr. Behnheim of AZ . . . function of brain . . . how memory is stored. . . . taught NJ Med, applied school of psychology . . . city of NY . . ..

learn about the brain . . .what is behavior coming from info in the brain . . . we don't treat brain disorder - but understand brain function

may we approach?

I can almost hear the calls to his service. Dr. Samuels, uhmm we will no longer be requiring your service, bu bye.

please bring on Juan to shred this guy..Juan is like my 5 hour energy shot when watching this trial

What a great point!
My mom had a TBI (traumatic brain injury) where she fell on tile and literally cracked her head open where her brain shifted and she suffered from Subdural Hematoma's. She has no recollection of the incident, and today her memory of anything after this incident is meager at best.
Too bad Miss Sassy Mouth and "big word" showcaser isn't as smart as she thinks she is! This would have been a plausible reason for her to have no memory after she was "body slammed".

He says "Psychology is the study of behavior." That is Behaviorist view of Personality Theory.

I see where this is going - he's going to say that her fog was caused by all the sex she was having with Travis.

Maybe I should try that on my husband - oh honey, I couldn't remember to do the dishes or clean the house, it was my fogasm.

Honestly....
:great::great::floorlaugh::great::great:
fogasm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads