Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A) HELLO ALL! B) Thank God Wilmott is doing the questioning today and C) Is there some kind of court rule against punctuality in AZ? yikes...

It's frightening to me that there's sooooo many of those people! :what:
WTH is up with that???

I would imagine that many of us here are prosecutors in our hearts and minds.
I suppose the law lovers that wish they were defense attorneys... Hang out over there.

I don't go over there, I don't belong there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just checking in. Here's praying that Wilmott will handle the defense experts!

Please, please, please let Wilmot question the experts, I don't think I can stand to hear Nurmi's "Let's start with Jodi's birth and when the male physician slapped her butt. Please elaborate on how that would effect Jodi's feelings about men."

LOL! :floorlaugh: "He pulled me out of my mother. It was such a violent experience. I was so traumatized."

If that happens she might get dragged from the witness chair by the jurors and taken back to the jury room and beaten to death. lol

Now that's hilarious:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Frankly I couldnt give a flying flip what the experts say in direct for the defense. I absolutely do not believe that Arias was ever abused by Travis or by anyone else for that matter. And I also do not believe Travis was a sexual deviant. So what they say on direct is a moot point to me.

But I will bear it knowing that Juan is going to shred them to pieces when he gets up to do his cross.

IMO

I get the feeling he just can't wait to get his terrier teeth into them! :floorlaugh:

10 minutes late. . . .

B35.gif

At the Jodi Arias trial. Today there will be expert testimony on behalf of Arias. Jennifer Willmott will do the questioning.
Unless she starts with the arrow through the head thing again, which was SO dumb. It should hat least go faster - I hope.

I hope that if they make a movie (not a television special) about this trial that don't bring in Peter Jackson. This trial is long enough...Peter Jackson is the only director that can make a trilogy movie out of one book!

If it were still the 80's, it would be turned into a miniseries like Small Sacrifices and Fatal Vision. :p

I'm totally psyched to hear the experts - not because I respect them.

I used to get smacked with a wooden spoon when I was young. I didnt grow up to be a killer.

In fact I have been smacked by almost anything in my Moms arm reach if I were being bad. Not that is right or wrong, but my point is being smacked with a wooden spoon, Mr. Nurmi doesnt turn you into a killer.

Wooden spoon, fuzzy slipper, rolled up copy of Life. And no, it didn't turn me into a killer either. Actually, it only ever happened when I richly deserved it. :blushing:

I remember from the court minutes that Juan had a heck of a time getting ALL of Alyce's notes - there is something in there Juan wanted, and will exploit.
Is he allowed to bring up exactly how much their "opinion" was worth to the DT in a monetary sense?

I remember in other trials hearing the prosecutor talk about the witness being paid.

I hope they don't try to snow the jurors with a bunch of unsupported pseudo-scientific psychodynamic nonsense about childhood/the past, etc. It's really irrelevant.

So many times we’re reminded that defense attorneys cannot tell the defendant what to say or make up their story for them. I know this is true, of course. But keep in mind that there are ways of telling someone what to say without actually “telling” them. Here’s a hypothetical conversation I made up -- just sort of for fun.

Attorney: The jury will never believe abuse from your father just hitting you a few times. There has to be something much worse.

Defendant: Like what?

Att: Well, like beating you every day with a belt, or sex abuse.

Def: Oh! he did!

Att: Did what? Sex abuse?

Def: Yes. All the time.

Att: Like what? Rape or oral?

Def: That’s it. Blow jobs!

Att: When did he do this? At night? Daytime? Morning?

Def: Oh, mornings. Before school.

Att: So, you’re telling me you went to school every day after having his penis in your mouth?

Def: Yes!

Att: Are you telling me the truth?

Def: Absolutely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads