trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a woman caller on HLN yesterday gave the opinion she believed TA was a pedophile because his preference was anal sex. this is the overall tone of the defense, nothing to prove. In fact there was nothing note worthy in ja and ta's sexual relationship, other than sensationalism for the jury. Looking up the subject last night, they were one couple of many in the same situation. one woman posted it was her and boyfriends preferrence and they often had anal 4 times a day. she asked her MD if this was normal or could cause harm and was told it was ok.

That is exactly how I think it went down. Not so much them telling her what to say, but just presenting a couple hypotheticals about the nature of the evidence against her and letting her fill in the details.

yes, I have been in a room when such scenarios have been thrown around...you know just chatting. I have actually never had any first hand account of a Defense Attorney just blatantly saying "OK here is the story we go with!"

lol

The PTSD would have been more believable if it wasnt for the other two stories she used in the beginning.Because of the fact she claimed she wasnt there and the intruder theory it blows "the fog" out of the water.

Felt quite angry today as hearing something serious as PTSD and the soliders in afgahnistan made me feel just how rubbish this whole thing is. Soldiers of PTSD should not even be used in the same sentance as this poor excuse for a woman.

Everytime KM talks to her about that killing you can see that she is trying her hardest not to give anything away. Its like she is thinking "this is where i must bring the fog in". If JM had been allowed to press her further and ask the questions he really wanted to ask, JA would have cracked and i have no doubt the truth would have surfaced. THe jury almost did it, I still have faith in those 12 guys the questions they have asked so far shows they are not buying her carp.

BBM. This is what got me!

I heard that the PTSD diagnosis was new and that JM was objecting because he'd never heard it before. Not sure if that is accurate.

I too think the PTSD claim is ludicrous and offensive. Everybody's heard of soldiers coming home with PTSD. Nobody on the jury is going to believe this carp and it's going to make her look worse in their eyes.

I've never been suicidal. I've had post partum. I've been clinically depressed. Saying all of that, it bothers me w the so called suicide attempts. Imagine the money, heartbreak and time we all would have saved if she'd have actually done it!?

I know it's been talked about before and we have ruled it out. The way she uses sex screams that she was molested as a child. I can't put my finger on it but going off my past experiences and a trusty TIME magazine article, I want to diagnose it. I'm half joking but serious.

Also on dr drew last night he said they gave her the shortest most compound test for PTSD. Other test exsist that would have given a better diagnosis of whatever this bat chit crazy woman is trying to lie about. I'm convinced she got other prisoners to help her.

I want to know how many times if ever she was put on suicide watch in jail.

I don't see any evidence she was molested as a child. Women can be promiscuous without ever being abused. I just think she learned early on that she could use sex as a tool in order to control men that she wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

IMO

I just noticed that lol. For short killers

I need to send that pic to my mom. She is 4'11 and I'm always teasing her about the little step stools she has squirreled away throughout the house.

So far in The Jodi Chronicles:

Jodi is diagnosed as a pacifist by a "doctor" who isn't above swapping a favorable report for a dentist father in a child custody case (without even meeting/interviewing the mother) in return for free dental work.

Jodi's psych "expert" mentioned above also was sanctioned for "blurring the boundaries" with patients.

And we heard that he's been visiting Jodi for years--until 2012 AFTER Juan Martinez interviewed him re: his opinion to be presented at trial.

All of this to tell the jury that poor Jodi has PTSD due to being the perpetrator of a horrendous crime.

GMAFB

Mike Galanos actually did the reenactment on HLN in the afternoon, I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday this week. And he also inserted 29 stab wounds but didn't take time for slitting of TA's throat. His stab wounds were repeatedly in one direction too. And it didn't happen that way. She also stabbed him in the back. So her story is just insane. She stabbed him first like the ME said, then stabbed him in the back, then slit his throat. And realizing he had her blood from her finger wound on him as well, she had to wash him off sonher DNA would not be on his body. So she dragged him to the shower, stuffed him there and washed off his body and hers. Remember, she is a psycho. There was no fear. She didn't realize she left a palm print or that pictures would be recovered. She is smart you know, smarter than all the world. So she probably drove off into the night, radio blaring, feeling free and planning the cover up. But she had not yet met Detective Flores or Juan Ramirez. Uh oh......

I meant Juan Martinez!!! Typing too fast. Sorry Mr. Martinez.

I second that.. I doubt there was ever an open discussion about how she planned this and got her grandpa's gun then a knife and went there.

The first meeting she may have had with an attorney, would be based on the Ninja story after her first Version 1.0 I was not in the state of Arizona...

Enter...the Attorney's. First she represented herself but had some "advisers" (at some point that was Nurmi and Willmott after going through a slew of others per the records, she changed Attorneys like undies.. if she has those)

When they came on board (no pun intended) They were presented with the Ninja story, that then morphed to the "he tried to attack me...so, I cut him all up, shot him, and put him in his shower, and my finger hurts? it stings"

Then a great fog rolled in and I awoke in the desert.

They would then say....(as that was the time they all came on board because of a hearing that informed them they would seek the death penalty and she might want an actual attorney besides her smart self)

Some type of conversation would take place along the order of:

"if you stole your grandfathers gun, borrowed gas cans and drove to Arizona and killed him, they will get a conviction and you will probably be put to death? Jodi, that's premeditated 1st degree murder? On the other hand, if you were just trying to defend yourself, like, let's say he attacked you, you had no choice, well then, that would be self defense. So what happened, you need to tell me exactly which is it?"

"he attacked me...that's all I remember, he threw me down, well first up then down...I tried to get away, I don't know where the gun or knife came from, it's all a blur..."

"Like a fog?" Attorney said..

"yes, a fog, that's exactly what it was" Jodi exclaimed...

Ta da! A bit of role play back and forth, no overt suggestion to lie or make up a story.. Just give her a Menu with a few choices and the consequences for the various scenarios then ask her what the heck happened? and we want the truth (uh huh) There might even be hints from the Attorney's that they DON'T want to know, uh hum...any other story.. This is it, it's the truth, we all go with it. They really cannot have discussions of a totally fake story, then allow her on the stand.. This girl would rat them out, she would be on 48 hours telling the world how they told her what to say...

I agree SPI, the suggestion was planted in their questioning, the psychopath ran with the story.

So far in The Jodi Chronicles:

Jodi is diagnosed as a pacifist by a "doctor" who isn't above swapping a favorable report for a dentist father in a child custody case (without even meeting/interviewing the mother) in return for free dental work.

Jodi's psych "expert" mentioned above also was sanctioned for "blurring the boundaries" with patients.

And we heard that he's been visiting Jodi for years--until 2012 AFTER Juan Martinez interviewed him re: his opinion to be presented at trial.

All of this to tell the jury that poor Jodi has PTSD due to being the perpetrator of a horrendous crime.

GMAFB

Didn't you love seeing Willmott trying to do damage control on that statement!

BBM. This is what got me!

I heard that the PTSD diagnosis was new and that JM was objecting because he'd never heard it before. Not sure if that is accurate.

I too think the PTSD claim is ludicrous and offensive. Everybody's heard of soldiers coming home with PTSD. Nobody on the jury is going to believe this carp and it's going to make her look worse in their eyes.

I don't think he said the PTSD was a new diagnosis but the way he came to that opinion is.

Also he has added to his opinion by wanting to add blah, blah, blah about intentional, reactive or a planned murder. That is not his expertise nor is it his job to decided that. That is for the jury to decide.....only.

I think she is going to rule that he cant speak about the type of homicide he thinks the crime scene shows.

Its ridiculous. Some of the bloodiest crime scenes ever were totally premeditated murders.:banghead:

IMO

Either that or the leaders of the Taliban would hide in her anus since our Navy Seals have become very familiar with their terrain and typical hiding spots.
or they could use it for a bike rack..:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't know. She met their GrandMother. In the 48 Hrs show, Samantha spoke about Jodi as if they'd met.

No doubt they all deeply love Travis but with him living in Mesa and them living far away in CA they probably didn't get to see each other as often as they would have liked.

imo

I just refreshed my memory on the crime scene photos.

I couldnt help thinking when I was looking at the pictures of JA's GM house and Travis' house. When she met travis i feel she really thought she had it made. A good looking guy with a beautiful house, nice car, nice morals and had a nice group of friends. She saw what he had and wanted it. Her grandparents house her bedroom in fact, wasnt the nicest of places, she thought she was better than that.

I can bet that within a few hours of meeting travis and seeing where he lived, she decided that this was the man she wanted, she was going to marry him, live in that beautiful house, have children etc.

Problem was travis knew she was easy, she wasnt the type of girl he wanted to marry or have children with. I believe also he knew his friends thought she was a *advertiser censored* thats why he kept her a secret. His friends didnt like her, neither did his family.

THe breaking point was when she found out about Travis taking mimi hall to cancun and knowing that she was wife material.

I so believe that JA thought that by killing him he couldnt belong to anyone else. The sex was a final rendezvous to show him what he would miss. Travis didnt agree and i think he told her to leave after that encounter. THe non flash on that camera to me shows taht he didnt know she was there. The picture with a flash isnt a happy picture, its a shocked almost scared picture.

I've never been suicidal. I've had post partum. I've been clinically depressed. Saying all of that, it bothers me w the so called suicide attempts. Imagine the money, heartbreak and time we all would have saved if she'd have actually done it!?

I know it's been talked about before and we have ruled it out. The way she uses sex screams that she was molested as a child. I can't put my finger on it but going off my past experiences and a trusty TIME magazine article, I want to diagnose it. I'm half joking but serious.

Also on dr drew last night he said they gave her the shortest most compound test for PTSD. Other test exsist that would have given a better diagnosis of whatever this bat chit crazy woman is trying to lie about. I'm convinced she got other prisoners to help her.

I agree with you that her habit of using sex at an early age does look like she'd been molested as a child. However, I would think she'd be shouting it from the rooftops if she could, and the DT would certainly be thrilled if they could find some evidence of it. It's always a possibility. When you look at the rest of her behavior, though, I'm not sure we can be really sure, she's got so many things wrong with her.

Evidentiary Hearing today at 9:30am AZ tims (PST) = (12:30pm EST, 11:30am CST, 10:30am MST)

We will get to see Juan cross exam the good ole doc!
WS'ers around the world rejoice! :great:
the-seinfeld-happy-dance.gif

whatupwiththat_3.gif

tumblr_lz8oihoB1b1qg9k3io1_400.gif

hDF2C0674

DANCE-DOG-DANCE_o_95705.gif

temp-320-74227524.gif

;) And finally ;)
, Steely Dan, jane the dood, Manzana & Minor4th
tumblr_m7ztyslWdw1r9rfc2o1_250.gif

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
OMG - THANK YOU for those gifs, they are hilarious. I needed that!

Dr. Samuels clearly hasn't examined many sociopaths. And if his clinical experience is with police officers traumatized by having to shoot someone or people seeking assistance for sexual dysfunction, then he is used to dealing with people with an acknowledged problem who want to get better not someone trying to con him.

He said that when he first talked to Jodi she was still telling the ninja story and he let her do it without challenging her. I think that she sized him up and let some 'rapport' build between the two of them, then at one point tearfully spills the new, 'I had to defend myself against an abusive pedophile' story. I think she made him feel that he had gained her trust and that his therapeutic techniques had worked in 'getting to the real truth'. I think this is a man who feels very satisfied with himself and his skills and she played to that.

I'm curious whether or not Juan can ask something like : Dr. Samuels while you have Your DSM 4 manual out can you please give us the criteria for psychopath ??

a woman caller on HLN yesterday gave the opinion she believed TA was a pedophile because his preference was anal sex. this is the overall tone of the defense, nothing to prove. In fact there was nothing note worthy in ja and ta's sexual relationship, other than sensationalism for the jury. Looking up the subject last night, they were one couple of many in the same situation. one woman posted it was her and boyfriends preferrence and they often had anal 4 times a day. she asked her MD if this was normal or could cause harm and was told it was ok.

:notgood:

OK...4 times a day? That sounds like mularkey to me. Smacks of typical internet made-up BS. And, which quack of a MD did she visit who told her that anal 4 times a day is normal? Seriously.

Sounds like this woman has been given warped information from her boyfriend and has been convinced that its normal. :floorlaugh:

I agree with you that her habit of using sex at an early age does look like she'd been molested as a child. However, I would think she'd be shouting it from the rooftops if she could, and the DT would certainly be thrilled if they could find some evidence of it. It's always a possibility. When you look at the rest of her behavior, though, I'm not sure we can be really sure, she's got so many things wrong with her.

We all know now that Arias is not afraid to throw anyone under the bus in a nano-second.

I don't think it ever happened because if it did she would be the first to expose it thinking it would garner sympathy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead