trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
Your right about how those types of books work. Im not sure about those 2 specifically but I was once solicited through the mail for a similar book.

The spiel went something like this "CONGRATULATIONS We are contacting you because your credentials allow you to be included in this elite book of similar qualified individuals. It is free and all you have to do is fill out this form below and then submit the shipping and handling fee and you will be included in our next edition."

What they dont tell you is the shipping and handling covers cost of book of course as well as a profit margin. They also dont tell you that practically everyone qualifies. I pretty much knew what was going on but bought the book anyway because I was young and silly back then. I have to admit it was kind of fun to see myself in print but after the years went on i realized how i pretty much just threw about 49.99 down the tubes. LOL
Aww… Your story makes me smile.

Yes! Can you imagine putting this in your professional credentials? Yikes!

The older woman I knew was a distant cousin, 87 years old, and we were visiting her where she lived in Mexico in the early 90s. It was sad because she totally believed it. I mean, not to knock the things she had done with her life (or anyone), but I think I flipped to the back and saw the advertisement, and she was fond of pointing out the others in the book who were people like Mother Teresa, etc. :( :( :(

I watched the CA trial (every day.....well listened to it is more like it) and then I went to Morocco and DIDN'T IT FIGURE the verdict was read while I was there (I saw updates of outrage on FB). I'm going again at the end of April and this BETTER be over by then!!

I have also read up on famous cases, serial killers, etc.....but this chick has me creeped out beyond belief. Truly. I have had a few nights of sleeplessness due to rethinking the murder and the hiding in closets and sneaking through doggy doors. I would venture a guess and say Rachel saw her crazy and determined that it was inappropriate for her to stay as an excuse to get the devil out of her home.

She is, quite literally, a devil in a human body in my opinion. There are forces out there beyond what we can imagine, and she is PROOF of that. Her life should have been snuffed out long ago, as horrible as that sounds.

ITA! Watching that tape in the interrogation room reminded me of demonic possession--the laughing, the delight in evil and the pure inappropriateness of her whole attitude--she does a handstand & grins in her mug shot. I think she is attracted to evil and thoroughly enjoys it. Even being on the stand thinking she is gaining something by not letting Juan Martinez get a question out before she's sarcastically answering in baby talk: "I don't remember."

She is a sadist--I'm sure her lovely mother and aunt could tell us some stories about her abuse of animals, abuse of younger family members, bullying, etc. She makes my flesh crawl.

I really don't think the judge would preclude any of the police interrogation videos. I think, for whatever reason, neither side has chosen to use this clip...yet, anyway.

I noticed a couple of other things, though, that perhaps the jury SHOULD see:

She picked up the trash can with her right hand. Now, that could be because the can was on that side of her body. But, when she's playing with her water bottle, she's using her right hand, too. She has her left hand in her lap. Highly unusual for a left handed person UNLESS there was an injury to that hand (as we know there WAS.) Maybe she was trying to hide it from the camera because it was injured and she was aware it was rolling.

I have been pretty much obsessed with that finger, but could find no good images UNTIL I saw her put her hands on her head. I paused, did a screen shot and zoomed. Sure enough, that left ring finger is swollen and discolored. No way it would still look like that from an incident in January. It would, however, if she severely injured it the month before stabbing Travis and it was beginning to heal.

I tried to attach these, but not sure I know what I'm doing and not sure it's allowed. Still, I'd love some thoughts on her suddenly turning into a right handed person AND if you see the same discoloration and swelling I do... TIA

I don't see swelling/discoloration - image is too low-res. Sorry.

Thanks. I understand. Its the "ahhh C'mon Mom" type of reaction. :floorlaugh:

But even with older kids getting advice from their Mom, I am sure they deep down appreciate the information and they are probably absorbing a lot more than they are letting on.

It was the same way for me and my siblings. When we finally got much older we made sure we let our parents know how much we appreciated all the advice they gave us and are still giving us. It took us until we were about 35-45 before we finally would be mature enough to thank our parents for all the "talks".

Dont worry, I am sure you will get this same sort of thanks from them someday. Dont ever stop trying. They appreciate you much more than they will let on for now. Some day, they will thank you for all of it.

This is pretty off topic -- don't know if the mods will allow it, but:

A year or two ago there was a politician who wanted to classify being raised by a single mother as child abuse. This was apparently aimed at so-called "welfare mothers" but he didn't spell that out.

I jokingly apologized to one of my sons for abusing him (my husband died when they were in elementary school), and he just rolled his eyes and said, "you did fine." So I do occasionally get thanks!

This board moves way too fast for me to ever catch everything. I don't remember hearing or reading about her confronting Mimi at the memorial service. Can you tell me more about this or link to a discussion/article?

Thank you.
I'll see if I can find it. I don't think I can capture sound or video on this ipad, but maybe it's in one of the transcript.

i think she was euphoric , the killing gave her some kind of emotional release. she is dangerous

yes, she was relieved. She could stop worrying that Travis would be with another woman, get married, have children.

She was the last one to touch him, it was final, she would not stress over that now.

My cousin was in the "Who's who" for nursing. And I received a notice for myself about being in it for my career (Vet tech), so ITA that anyone can be in that book.

That's interesting…. I am now wondering why Dr. Samuels was in the Who's Who in Entertainment?? Hmmmm… :waitasec: that speaks volumes (lol - bad pun intended). He truly is Gus II searching out the limelight!

… And no disrespect toward anyone's achievements in life!

I agree. I think that was her trigger. That she knew he would never marry her. It killed her that after she had let him do what he wanted hoping it would make him want her and love her , he was not biting. I don't think it was the cancun trip in itself. I think it was all the things that said. I don't want you.
And you don't ignore or turn your back on Jodi.

if he had married her what a disaster that would have been. she would confront him and any other woman he talked to, that is if she would let him out of the house. i think TA realized this.

THEY are not giving the Jury enough credit. LET them see everything, they need to see it all to make a fair decision. This is scary nutty.

One tv person said It could be the State chose not to show it as it makes her look too "insane" mental? and maybe not in her right mind when she killed.

No i said its her, in all her glory, sociopath. We should google, Sociopath + handstands I bet we find things.

I've seen it now. Everything with the murderess is calculated. She knows there are cameras in the room.

Pardon my skepticism, but it sounds like another DT stall tactic. That's the classic excuse, "family emergency."

I saw earlier that one of the attorneys had a death in the family. So it probably is true.

On HLN they are watching her doing the headstand....not handstand but headstand.
They also said JA has said she injured her shoulder that day during the killing. Well how bad can her shoulder hurt her when she is putting all her weight on them while doing the headstand?

Pardon my skepticism, but it sounds like another DT stall tactic. That's the classic excuse, "family emergency."

Although I do not believe the DT is guilty of doing this, it is true that this is a classic excuse. In fact, my cousin's grandmother on his fathers side died approximately 4 times. He had employees go to traffic court for him with letters stating he had to go to his grandmothers funeral out of town and requesting a remand. BTW, she had already passed years earlier. He'd always eventually go. He never, ever pled guilty.

Totally agree she was planning to kill again. I wonder who she had in her sights.

There is no way she was planning suicide because you are right she had both knife and gun. Not likely she was going to stab herself since she cant even handle a paper cut.

Just cant figure out who she hated as much as Travis. I bet her emails and phone calls to other people would give us a hint who she was after. Im wondering if it was someone who ratted on her to the police.

Who do think she was going to kill? I don't think she was going to kill herself. Narcissistic personalities do not harm thy self because they are too self absorbed.

I am wondering if she was going to kill Mimi or one of the other ladies Travis was dating at the time? Just a thought.

Since she was packing her belongings, she would kill one more time then head on down to Mexico because she realizes the police know she is the one who killed Travis and it is a matter of time she will be brought in if she doesn't leave Yreka. Fortunately, she just didn't pack fast enough. Thank goodness she was caught before her second plan was carried out.

JMHO

So he could testify as an expert radio engineer in a trial?
:floorlaugh:

Perhaps Dr. Samuels could fix the audio problems in the courtroom while he is there.:floorlaugh:

if he had married her what a disaster that would have been. she would confront him and any other woman he talked to, that is if she would let him out of the house. i think TA realized this.

She so over the top jealous of Travis. When he was trying to help hold up a drunken woman, she even saw her as a threat! bonafide lunatic :devil:

I am behind in reading posts so forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Am I the only one that thinks it is very strange timing for the never before seen video of part of the interigation where JA is acting like a very strange duck in the pond. Seems strange that it would show up 1 day after the "Good DR" decribed all of the effects of her PTSD. I don't think something is right here. Like PR of some sort.

Maybe it is just me.

that video just re-enforces her remorselessness and total lack of empathy, guilt to me. She is not acting like an abuse victim and had total clarity while trying to manipulate LE while lying. All I see is evil so I'm glad it's out.

This piece of work aka Jodi Arias is getting on my last nerve and, after seeing that handstand video, I'm feeling even more incensed.

A great poster upthread whose name I've forgotten (but I think I "thanked" them) posted something about how Arias is an empty shell, devoid of anything real internally, no depth, no nothing there... paraphrasing here but I totally agree.

She's like a sponge, sopping up pithy phrases, emotions, attitudes from any source around her - mostly songs, tv shows, angsty movies, self-help blather - and then regurgitating them back to society in an effort to pass as a human being, like some pod person from a bad sci fi film.

I poked fun at her yesterday with my Jodicentric Lifetime movie parody but really, I think that if she were a pinata all that would tumble out of her - after being smacked REAL HARD - would be a mash-up of MTV videos, cheesy made for TV movies and Oprah Book Club excerpts.

Thanks to whomever posted the Dido lyrics - I didn't need to see the video to further understand just how VACUOUS this chick is. I imagine her in her tiny, cluttered bedroom in Grandma's house in a one-horse town, miles away from Travis and what she probably thought was the pinnacle of her social world, doodling in her journal while listening to some emo the-world-done-me-wrong music...

It's too bad we can't time warp the Heaven's Gate group to the present because I truly believe she would have flourished in a cult....then she could have joined them in their spaceship and spared Travis and the rest of the world from all her evil.

Boy, she winds me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member