trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I believe I knife could significantly impair him, quickly.

Even without a gunshot wound, a stab wound to the chest would have caused immediate pain and difficulty breathing, confusion, severe weakness, rapid heartbeat, lowered blood pressure, lethargy and, soon, excessive sleepiness. And that's just one stab wound to the chest. He had five.

Dr. Horn testified it's likely Travis was stabbed in the heart first. That wound is described in the autopsy report as "A 1 1/2 inch oblique stab wound of the paramidline right chest, with penetration/perforation of the costochondral junction near the sternum at the level of the 3rd and 4th right ribs; the wound extends to a maximal depth of approximately 3 1/2 inches with penetration of the superior vena cava near the base of the heart, with a small amount of surrounding hemorrhagic in the mediastinal soft tissues and the pericardial sac of the heart..."

In other words, a 3 1/2" deep stab to the chest cavity and a major cardiac vessel. Anybody who has ever experienced costocondritis, which is a simple inflammation of rib cartilage, knows the feeling of suddenly being unable to breathe. Some people go to the emergency room believing they are having a heart attack. If the knife penetrated the costochondral junction, it must have been incredibly painful and debilitating.

He would have been practically unable to fight her off, though the cuts on his hands show he tried. We don't know how many of the 5 chest wounds she was able to inflict before 5:31:14, when the ceiling photo was snapped, but since it was 44 seconds after the last seated photo, I would lay odds that at least one stab was inflicted by the time of the ceiling photo.

Been saying this forever. A very small person can stab a very
large person with a knife without that person knowing what's coming, especially when they are taken off guard. It is unrealistic to think she would walk up, have a conversation with him, then lift this large knife toward him. She sneaked up on him, had it firmly in hand and plunged it right into his heart. I completely agree with the M.E. She shot him at the end from rage just "because she could". Cold blooded, premeditated. She wanted him to suffer because he would not give her his lifestyle. So she took his!

The most ridiculous part of Gus senior's testimony was comparing JA's situation to that of soldiers! My God, what nerve or delusion on his part! JA is a pacifist? I bet the jurors laughed at that one after they asked her questions about her confronting ex-boyfriends and being controlling. Not to mention butchering Travis.

Samuels has no one but himself to blame for the criticism. This is what happens when you associate yourself with Arias and try to laugh at lady Justice.

This case is just going from bad to worse for the Jodester. I hear they allow death row inmates two appliances in their cell...Undoubtedly she'll pick a TV, what about her other choice? Maybe a dehumidifier?

On another note, here's the 'death chamber' in Arizona:

d7d6sv5

The taupe gives this chamber a nice, rustic feel.

And California's version:

b7bjy3j

Much more clinical and sterile looking. The added viewing panes are a nice touch.

Now, if she is sentenced to death, will the sentence be carried out in AZ for sure? Or could she appeal to be put down in CA?

Whoa, that's scary. I'd be a crying weeping pleading mess! Actually I wouldn't, cause I'll never murder anyone. :great:

i don't see why JM wouldn't use this. it's relevant to the guy's integrity. he helps this guy in a child custody case, never even examines the guy's wife---then apparently they develop enough of a relationship, he becomes the guy's therapist, and the guy becomes his dentist. yeah, i'd say that's relevant and if JM doesn't use it, i'll be shocked s***less.

Legally, JM may not be permitted to bring up this guys history. But no worries. JM will shred him anyway. I mean, of the judge is fair. IMO, she is pro defense.

As someone who's taken those particular tests this Dr refers to, I can honestly say it was difficult to stop myself from laughing in the face of my therapist when he was evaluating it. I answered each and every question to achieve a certain conclusion. Got me a lucrative very early retirement from a major corporation for being a NUT. There were some problems with the management I was dealing with, but it was either them or me. I chose me.

Jodi is way smarter than that Dr.

This case is just going from bad to worse for the Jodester. I hear they allow death row inmates two appliances in their cell...Undoubtedly she'll pick a TV, what about her other choice? Maybe a dehumidifier?

On another note, here's the 'death chamber' in Arizona:

d7d6sv5

The taupe gives this chamber a nice, rustic feel.

And California's version:

b7bjy3j

Much more clinical and sterile looking. The added viewing panes are a nice touch.

Now, if she is sentenced to death, will the sentence be carried out in AZ for sure? Or could she appeal to be put down in CA?

The one is Arizona does look scarier. The one in CA looks more like a hospital setting.
I don't know-I think the sentence would be carried out in Arizona since the crime was committed there.

As someone who's taken those particular tests this Dr refers to, I can honestly say it was difficult to stop myself from laughing in the face of my therapist when he was evaluating it. I answered each and every question to achieve a certain conclusion. Got me a lucrative very early retirement from a major corporation for being a NUT. There were some problems with the management I was dealing with, but it was either them or me. I chose me.

BBM. She definitely is. I'm sure she knew exactly how to answer the questions to her benefit. Did he really think she was going to answer questions truthfully? Ha!

i think there's a good chance the judge will allow it.
I don't understand how he was allowed to testify in front of the jury prior to Juan going at him.....this is prob why Juan did not object very much.....he sits there and waits his turn....then BHAM!! I love Juan, what a respectable guy!

I've looked at online tests for different mental illnesses as a result of seeing a thread on another message board where posters were taking it just for a laugh to see what mental illnesses they may have.

I didn't complete any tests, but by looking at the wording of the questions it is clear that you can ascertain what responses would result in a diagnosis of having a mental illness, and what ones a mentally healthy person would respond with. The problem is that the test assumes the person taking it is answering honestly.

The only difference is the tests I saw had many more than 45 questions.

LOL I was just jumping off your avatar. I'm so sleepy but I can't sleep...obviously. Heading back to bed....don't mind me.....:seeya:

Katie I can symphatize with you. I go through this so much. Its an awful feeling to be so tired and can't sleep. Now this is a real foggy feeling. Ty for all you do and prayers to your brother:eek:kay:

The June 4, 2008 picture taken at 5:30:30 shows Travis Alexander sitting in his shower (his bottom is sitting on top of the shower drain). In this picture, Travis looks as though he is slumped over - Travis Alexander's head is not in the picture frame.

Two minutes later, Travis Alexander is laying on his back with blood pouring down his shoulder and back. Arias is standing over Travis Alexander - this is the picture that shows Arias with her foot covered with a black sock, dark pants with a line in them.

According to Arias, Travis Alexander came out of the shower and body slammed her.

Just by looking at the 5:30:30 picture - Travis Alexander is not attacking. I do not think that Travis Alexander is posing in this picture (under the ruse of capturing Calvin Klein inspired photos). I do not think that a person would sit on their shower drain to pose for a picture. More so, Travis Alexander looks to be defenseless, and, weak.

Travis Alexander looks like a "rag doll" or a collapsed puppet due to it's support strings being severed.

5:30:30pm shows us a "rag doll" of a man. This "rag doll" of a man is down - Arias is not in danger. Arias if under attack could have run away at 5:30:30 to safety (Arias had the advantage).

Arias stays - and two minutes later is standing over Travis Alexander like an animal standing over their lifeless prey. Travis Alexander is laying on his back with his blood running down his right shoulder. The pool of blood indicates that Travis Alexander had been stomach down - before the camera captures Travis Alexander's murder at 5:32pm - Arias has flipped Travis Alexander over from his stomach to his back. Travis Alexander's arms are not reaching behind him trying to grab Arias' leg/ankle - Travis Alexander's arms are lifeless.

I think that everyday - regardless of who is testifying - Juan needs to show this threat to Arias' life on the day of his murder at 5:30:30 - everyday the jury should be reminded, "Look at this rag doll of a man - he is not in a position to body slam a wash cloth - if Arias was afraid for her life she could have safely gotten away. Arias does not leave - we see Travis Alexander on his back, bloody, and lifeless two minutes later. Arias stabbed Travis Alexander 27 times, almost cut his head off, shot him in the head. Look at Travis Alexander vulnerable in the shower naked, wet, in an enclosed space. Arias had Travis Alexander trapped. The photo before Arias is seen standing strong over Travis Alexander's bloody lifeless body - Travis Alexander is slumped down in his small shower with his bottom on the drain with his legs bent the image is not blurry so we know that he was not moving in with quick motion. There was no body slam - the 5:30:30 picture proves that."

I do agree that Arias describes Travis Alexander's last moments alive when she tells her Ninja story.

Samuels testimony left me baffled - and, being reminded what is worth a thousand words - a picture of Travis Alexander bottom down on the drain, weak, and slumping over. The opposite of threatening. Arias planned and executed the annihilation of Travis Alexander - Travis Alexander's last moments of life were painful torture.

We have the photographs to prove it.

i still wonder if she drugged him at some point.

When I heard about Shanna Hogan writing a book about this case, I decided to read her earlier book about the Marjorie Orbin case. Marjorie was tried for killing her husband, Jay Orbin. Katiecoolady talked about meeting his brother, Jake.

The Orbin trial took place in 2009, also in Phoenix. What stunned me was that it was an even bigger trainwreck than this trial. The court operated the same way: 4 day trial week, 4 and 1/2 hr trial day. It dragged on for months and at one point took all of August off. The primary detective got in trouble for something unrelated and his lawyer wouldn't let him testify. The prosecutor, on older man past retirement age, dropped out of the trial halfway through for health reasons. The judge gave the new prosecutor 2 weeks to get up to speed.

So while I think this trial has a lot of problems, and kind of wonder what the heck is going on in Phoenix, the Orbin jury still convicted (she got LWOP). So there is that.

BBM. She definitely is. I'm sure she knew exactly how to answer the questions to her benefit. Did he really think she was going to answer questions truthfully? Ha!

Juan doesn't need to waste more than ten minutes on this guy.
All he needs to ask is:

"If the defendant LIED to you, that would render your analysis moot wouldn't it? ... "YES or NO sir!?"

If you are watching InSession, they are replaying Samuels testimony, he just spoke about brain savers and Dr. Paul Bendheim and Alzheimer's.
http://brainsavers.com/

I don't understand how he was allowed to testify in front of the jury prior to Juan going at him.....this is prob why Juan did not object very much.....he sits there and waits his turn....then BHAM!! I love Juan, what a respectable guy!

thats what i love about him,im sure people are sitting saying omg why didn't he object to this that and the other but he just lets them run their mouth off and when its his turn BAM torn to shreds :great:

can't wait to see what he does with the dr,i dont see why he wouldn't be able to bring up his past,i mean it goes to the credibility of the witness...im sure the jury arent really taking much notice anyway but it isn't really fair to keep that hidden.

and i agree with what a poster said above,im sure him and nurms have worked together A LOT

The most ridiculous part of Gus senior's testimony was comparing JA's situation to that of soldiers! My God, what nerve or delusion on his part! JA is a pacifist? I bet the jurors laughed at that one after they asked her questions about her confronting ex-boyfriends and being controlling. Not to mention butchering Travis.

Samuels has no one but himself to blame for the criticism. This is what happens when you associate yourself with Arias and try to laugh at lady Justice.

Maybe instead of the needle she should be put on the front lines in Afganastan with a knife.:truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela