trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's testimony by the good dr was cringe worthy. I was torn, he seemed so likeable & fatherly. But Martinez had every right to go after him, if even 1 of the jury began to give credibility to his theory it could persuade them to not give a 1st degree verdict.
It was sad in a way, I felt sorry for him as Martinez sensed every chink in his armour & went for him. I even think he's a decent man who seems way too naive to be dealing with the likes of Jodi. As he told his story of giving Jodi the 9 dollar book it was obvious he didnt see anything wrong, he just wanted to help. But Martinez was right, it was inappropriate for a professional who is meant to give an unbiased expert opinion.
I was amazed the defense let him get on the stand letting him base his opinion on Jodi from a test he admitted Jodi lied in. His little voice saying he probably should have given her another test reminded me of a little boy who forgot to do his homework. The defense should be ashamed of themselves. They didn't prepare the dr at all for his testimony & thought that Martinez wouldn't catch them out.
Please let them put Matt McCartney on the stand, that is 1 witness I would like to let Martinez get at- Star magazine anyone??

this defense is paying samuels grown man money. if he is ill prepared why feel sorry for him? :moo:

Does anyone know where I can look at RS's drawing from yesterday? I missed that part of court and would like to see it. tia

Copy of the current Phoenix New Times issue out this week (grabbed a copy last night):

Newtimesrotated.jpg

I don't feel sorry for him. He put himself out there. He didn't have to.

this defense is paying samuels grown man money. if he is ill prepared why feel sorry for him? :moo:

Do we know this for a fact?

I would bet he bartered his services for copies of the psycho killer's nude photos. Just sayin'

forgive for double post but I am bringing this over from the closed thread.

JA has given thieves a whole new access to burglary (IMO)

OMG . . . . Look what JA has taught to some thugs via her purported antics.

http://www.krem.com/news/Burglars-us...198885011.html

this is what I get??

We're Sorry.
The page you are looking for could not be found.
If you typed in the address, used a bookmark or followed a link from another site, it is possible the page no longer exists at this location.

Juan was noticeably "softer" on the doc after he initially got very flustered. I think this was very interesting. When Samuels was bowing up and being defiant, Juan was appropriately harsh and confrontational, but when the doctor started telling the truth and answering questions without playing games, Juan relaxed his demeanor as well.

I thought maybe it was because Ms.Wilma's objection to judge cause State was hollering at the witness. :floorlaugh: Then the sidebar. Then quiet,

Not to disparage the good p$ychologist in any way, but I wouldn't consider his expert opinion to be especially cutting edge. Erroneous Zones was written 1977.

He seems to be a little stuck in the '70's.

I am so ready for today.
Seal is up on Wild About Trials,

this is what I get??

We're Sorry.
The page you are looking for could not be found.
If you typed in the address, used a bookmark or followed a link from another site, it is possible the page no longer exists at this location.

Try refreshing the screen.

I don't feel sorry for him. He put himself out there. He didn't have to.

I think he reminds a lot of people of their granddad, or of someone's granddad, and they don't have it in them to hate him. Not me though.

Yesterday's testimony by the good dr was cringe worthy. I was torn, he seemed so likeable & fatherly. But Martinez had every right to go after him, if even 1 of the jury began to give credibility to his theory it could persuade them to not give a 1st degree verdict.
It was sad in a way, I felt sorry for him as Martinez sensed every chink in his armour & went for him. I even think he's a decent man who seems way too naive to be dealing with the likes of Jodi. As he told his story of giving Jodi the 9 dollar book it was obvious he didnt see anything wrong, he just wanted to help. But Martinez was right, it was inappropriate for a professional who is meant to give an unbiased expert opinion.
I was amazed the defense let him get on the stand letting him base his opinion on Jodi from a test he admitted Jodi lied in. His little voice saying he probably should have given her another test reminded me of a little boy who forgot to do his homework. The defense should be ashamed of themselves. They didn't prepare the dr at all for his testimony & thought that Martinez wouldn't catch them out.
Please let them put Matt McCartney on the stand, that is 1 witness I would like to let Martinez get at- Star magazine anyone??

I can see where you're coming from but I'm sorry, I have to totally disagree with you. This witness, the quack, is bought and paid for and that makes him a sell-out. He will sway his reports to be anything anyone needs them to be so long as they cut the check at the end of the day. Not only that, he has to make it good, he has to be a stellar witness for the party he's working for or he'll never be hired again. So, he'll say whatever he has to in order to make his party of interest win. With regards to the book/gift, he has a code of ethics to follow when choosing to be a professional witness and that includes being impartial, not taking a liking or interest in either party, just state the facts. He overstepped his boundaries yet again. He is a sell-out and not someone with any amount of respect for his profession and those who do suffer from mental illness.

He even had the unmitigated gall to sit on that stand and say there wasn't enough money in working in custody cases. Not that the work was too stressful and had taken its toll on him....there wasn't enough money. That is sick IMO.

:)

The court/MCAO has informed us that they are overwhelmed with phone calls with advice/suggestions regarding this case. Please refrain from calling the Maricopa County Attorney Office and/or Superior Court. Mr. Martinez has all the pertinent information he needs and is in complete control of his case. Thx for your support. ~Admin 2~

Form the Facebook prosecutor support page. I love the part where "he is completely in control of his case". Go JUAN!!!!!!

What a great message to wake up to!! No surprise there!

G'day everyone (apparently I am Australian now)!

Wouldn't be surprised if the DT calls in today with a bad case of the 'Juan Flu"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member