trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he has a thing for JA - he did not hate looking at those pictures. But I think he was saying he might have added the ankle part to try to cover for JA's lie. That's how it came across to me.

He probably was trying to cover for her lies, but he made himself look like a "creeper" as my daughter would say.

Well, what I gather from his testimony is that sometimes, when bad things happen, our brains block it out and we forget the traumatic event. Thanks Doc. What a revelation that is.

Yep. I always thought it was called coping.

Samuels pretty much admitted she tailored her test questions to agree with her current "story". What makes him think she wouldn't do the same for the next "story"? As a doc, he should have the skills to ferret this out.
After all, she's not under OATH yet, and according to her, that's the only time she doesn't lie.

IIRC, Samuels yellow pad sheet showed Jodi answered "no" to whether she'd been sexually abused before she was 18 by someone 5+ yrs. older than she. She'll have a problem if she claims sexual abuse as a child as a mitigating factor.

Morning all.

IMO I don't think Samuels sent Jodi cards and a gift because he was smitten with her, I think it was just about the monies. she needed to make it to trail for him to get his check.

I also think his unprepared act yesterday was intentional, I think he left items "on his desk" because he did not want them in that courtroom for some reason.

All moo

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2
Is Samuels' math bad or is mine? Is 3-5/100,000 the same as 3 to 5% of 100,000? He uses them interchangeably. :floorlaugh:

Yesterday's testimony by the good dr was cringe worthy. I was torn, he seemed so likeable & fatherly. But Martinez had every right to go after him, if even 1 of the jury began to give credibility to his theory it could persuade them to not give a 1st degree verdict.
It was sad in a way, I felt sorry for him as Martinez sensed every chink in his armour & went for him. I even think he's a decent man who seems way too naive to be dealing with the likes of Jodi. As he told his story of giving Jodi the 9 dollar book it was obvious he didnt see anything wrong, he just wanted to help. But Martinez was right, it was inappropriate for a professional who is meant to give an unbiased expert opinion.
I was amazed the defense let him get on the stand letting him base his opinion on Jodi from a test he admitted Jodi lied in. His little voice saying he probably should have given her another test reminded me of a little boy who forgot to do his homework. The defense should be ashamed of themselves. They didn't prepare the dr at all for his testimony & thought that Martinez wouldn't catch them out.
Please let them put Matt McCartney on the stand, that is 1 witness I would like to let Martinez get at- Star magazine anyone??

BBM
Well they certainly prepared him enough after their "family emergency" on Friday (why am I thinking a feigned illness called in to one's boss?) for him to alter his form of amnesia after Dr. Drew and Sanjay Gupta and other real experts in the know cried foul on Thursday night. After several slides about TGA (Transient Global Amnesia) this and TGA that, they used this "emergency" to completely change their strategy and have him change his type of amnesia. It was all too obvious that if dissociative amnesia was what he originally intended to sell on the stand, he would have had slides prepared for that type of amnesia and wouldn't have needed to resort to drawing his cryptic picture on a piece of paper. I don't feel sympathy for the good doctor. He's a fake. When you make deals with the devil, it's all on you. MOO, of course.

All I know is it was hard enough to envision rope going around the headboard of that sleigh bed. Now you've got rope going around the FOOTBOARD? And there were NO PICTURES TAKEN? Oh, get real, fella! :twocents:
And more importantly, she is telling more than one version of her "story" ...again.

With A LOT of help from A_News_Junkie , here is a close up of her when she puts something in the folder.

yourgrab.jpg

I have zoomed in even closer for you...

images

My 7 year old keeps asking when this story is going to be over!

Sounds like my 12 year old! When he comes home from school, he asks if they have decided for her to die yet. Every day he asks.

The court/MCAO has informed us that they are overwhelmed with phone calls with advice/suggestions regarding this case. Please refrain from calling the Maricopa County Attorney Office and/or Superior Court. Mr. Martinez has all the pertinent information he needs and is in complete control of his case. Thx for your support. ~Admin 2~

Form the Facebook prosecutor support page. I love the part where "he is completely in control of his case". Go JUAN!!!!!!

I don't think anyone would do that from this end, we know Martinez, Flores and team know their stuff. Now, Jodi supporters would just love to tell them how wrong they are and throw them off their game.
Unless Jodi bashed some poor soul in court or defamed a restaurant by implying she dripped blood in their food or beverage cause they were so rushed. ...please. Or didn't have to fill out an accident report.

I hope the good Dr. shows up and is able to fOnction ok today! :)

i thought that was hilarious. come on,its not a hard word to spell especially for an "educated" soul like him:floorlaugh:

Good morning!!
What did I miss yesterday? Has Juan started cross examining the dr yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member