trial day 34: the defense continues its case in chief #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks was just not enough. ITA with the ethical stench here. I think your assessment is exactly right on what they are doing and how they came to do it. Thanks for all you contribute to the discussion.
:rocker:

You know, to be fair, she's okay. In fact, she's pretty good. She just has a really horrible case.

But, she does get on my nerves personally because I can't stand her client and I am disgusted by what these defense attorneys are trying to do.

It's dishonest. They know jodi premeditated the killing of Travis. They know Travis did not abuse her and that he wasn't a pedophile. And they are not just letting their client tell a narrative. They helped her create this story. They went to the jail with Samuels and basically told her that her story wasn't working and likely gave her options to choose from as to a new story that would work better. I think that's very wrong.

Every time she repeats this garbage about Travis being a pedophile or an abuser, she is perpetrating a lie. And further victimizing the victim and his family.

So when she feigns outrage over Juan Martinez's objections or line of questioning, and when she acts like everything her witness says is interesting news and totally believable, or tries to coach her witness, it's offensive to me. So, I don't like her or Nurmi.

But my dislike has nothing to do with their actual litigation abilities or how they dress or their grooming habits, etc., which I have seen in posts. I have actually seen very little wrong in those areas in the weeks they have been in trial (notwithstanding tight outfits, crazy socks, or junk adjustments). There's much more of substance for me to be disgusted by.

This has been a most interesting trial. Everybody believes Jodi will be found guilty and get life or death. Personally I am betting on Second Degree.

I have believed this since day one.

I don't believe Jodi left home with the intention of murdering Travis. I do think she wanted him and all that he possessed and she went there determined to do anything to achieve that end result.

I think she thought she could talk him into anything. But...Travis wanted the sex and not the girl. So she was Travis 'Dirty Little Secret'.

Travis bears some ownership in all of this. He knew she was a snake but she continued picking her up and playing with her. He got bit...killed.

In my mind something went terribly wrong that June 4. Something neither of them saw coming.

I do believe it was when Travis was in the shower and Jodi might have checked his phone and phone messages and saw Mimi asking about travel plans.

I think she went nuts and the rest is history.

Second degree from this jury!

Ok have at me...:facepalm:

Nope, not gonna have at you. Your opinion is just as important as mine. :)

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m
#JodiArias expert witness says #Arias bros told him she was attacked at age 13 & someone held a knife to her throat.

Huh? She heard it?

awww why can't Juan ask him about his legal degree? That would've been brilliant!

lololololololol, Did he just testify that "the perception" of the person taking the test is what's relevant, not what actually happened?

Is it just me.... or does Ms. Willmott looked peeved EVERY time JM objects... and/or when there is a sidebar?

Wow... Considering how 3/4 of this trial time has been taken up with Nurmi and HER sidebars... you would think she would be a little more sympathetic!

:banghead:

imho: This witness is helping the jury convict her.... imo, all of this is utterly awful. Anyone know if Nurmi is pals with this guy (cuz' they're both sexperts)??
Also, soooo boring. Zzzzz I am being put to sleep for real.

Samuels has told a HUGE lie today. At the start of the day, they had an exchange like this:
JW: How many times did she talk to you about June 4th?
RS: Three.
JW: And was she consistent each time?
RS: Yes.

That's absolutely a lie! As he was saying again a moment ago, she was telling him the ninjas story at first. He calls it consistent because his "argument" is that it was all trauma, so it doesn't matter how many different stories she told about it.

That last minute knife 2 the throat at 13 is gonna piiiisssss off this jury so bad!!!

We need one of these for JA.

9879Io1.gif

OMG that is hilarious! Thank you!

Well why on earth wouldn't they have mentioned this traumatic event as part of her "low self-esteem" or as part of the "victim" they were making her out to be while outlining the "abuse" of her past. (This would have been more significant than her mother's wooden spoon, no?)

Because they just made it up last night???

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1m
#JodiArias expert witness says #Arias bros told him she was attacked at age 13 & someone held a knife to her throat.

Huh? She heard it?

Well, I have to say if it came from her brother, I don't believe it.

We know she's asked people to lie for her.

JMHO
fran

How many people here have been woken up to a surprise romp happening. Raise you Hands.

Woah - did the good 'doctor' just say that he obtained answers from someone's brother?

The fact that she answers 'no' to a question, but later says 'yes' doesn't make her a liar - the fact that she lies does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654