trial day 34: the defense continues its case in chief #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the cost of defense, I know everyone is tired of hearing this but this IS a death penalty case. You want her put to death but you don't want the state or her attorneys to spend the money and time necessary to ensure her defense is presented IN ITS ENTIRETY to the people empowered to take her life? I know everyone is frustrated by how long it is taking, I am too, but let's try to have some perspective.

ITA with you about the necessity of allowing her to present a complete defense. That said, I see so much in this defense that goes far beyond a thorough presentation of her defense and frequently wanders into the realm of useless posturing and gamesmanship. The "anything goes" model of death penalty defenses needs to be reigned in, IMO.

I tried to read a bit on that site where they worship JA. I couldn't stomach it for more than a few comments. Who are these people? I don't think they're watching the same trial I'm watching. They actually think Samuels is legit.

I was wondering if it is just a hand full of people with multiple user names. Their posts are very similarly written.

Originally Posted by manzana View Post
I am not so sure I can necessarily agree on this, opinions do have to be websleuth friendly to remain. I have seen opinions go by the big delete button if they are in contrast to the majority even if they are well versed in a polite manner.

Hopefulone I don't believe this at all and I've been here for a very long time. I have never seen posts disappear just because the opinion goes against the grain. They are only deleted if they are violating TOS. The moderators here are VERY good and VERY fair and they wouldn't stoop to that level.

Just one example, yesterday a poster made a comment on Juan voice reminding him/her of Eminem My reply was that his voice reminded me of Pee Wee Herman. I was not saying I felt he looked like or acted like, however mine was deleted in seconds. Quite sure a Juanette may have been offended and reported, hardly see how not liking the tone of ones voice goes against TOS. Someone could have taken offense to sounding like Eminem.

OT over

I think she shot him first and when he didn't die the first time probably tried to shoot him again. Something happened with the gun so she ended up finishing him with the knife. The reason I think she shot him first is that if she had started attacking him with a knife first, he might have been able to overpower her. I think him being shot limited his ability to defend himself.

I think he did overpower her though which is why he was able to make it out of the shower and to the sink. But the surprise knife attack hit an artery and he was only able to fight for a short time before his legs gave out and weakness and dizziness set in. If he had not been mortally wounded right off I think he would have been able to run away, out the front door to safety. I have very little doubt she stabbed him first. She wanted him to suffer. A gun to the crown would have been too quick and painless and easy.

I tried to read a bit on that site where they worship JA. I couldn't stomach it for more than a few comments. Who are these people? I don't think they're watching the same trial I'm watching. They actually think Samuels is legit.

BBM

That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

I haven't been able to follow much of the trial lately. But IMO I'm quite sure carrying out a premeditated murder can cause PTSD, amnesia fog, etc. Did JM ask the good dr. about that possibility?

I don't think JM did. He may be saving that for his expert during rebuttal because Samuels is just not credible. I also think it is possible she planned to use the gun first and lost control of the gun because Travis tried to grab it. He may have knocked it from her hand. She then could have been forced to kill him with the knife. But I do think she remembers it all but what she remembers will not help her case. She was in jail two years to work on her new version. jmo

All of the cell records provided to the prosecution by the provider for Ms. Arias' phone were put into evidence. The first call pinged on a tower 57 miles north of Kingman AZ (within 8 miles of the Hoover Dam interestingly enough).

Thanks so much. :)

Somebody does have to do it, but they should do it with the truth, not bending, manipulating and hiding the true facts, and destroying the reputation of a dead man, with no other evidence than the words of a proven liar - their client.

If the defendant is innocent, there is no need to distort the facts. Tell the truth!

So true! The job can be done sufficiently without trashing the victim's good name with totally and completely unsubstantiated accusations. :cheers:

"Big Bowel Movement" People here are kind of gross, really.

P.S. I have no idea either.

:lol: This question always makes me giggle, as one day someone said they googled BBM and found "Body by Mattell", but that didn't make sense. :lol:

It means Bolded by me.

Although I think some others are better! :)

half an hour to go time!

or to seal time, and then we wait and wait and wait for go time.

I don't believe this at all and I've been here for a very long time. I have never seen posts disappear just because the opinion goes against the grain. They are only deleted if they are violating TOS. The moderators here are VERY good and VERY fair and they wouldn't stoop to that level.

ita...

I just became a member yesterday but I have been reading here for a looooong time... one of the reasons I have always enjoyed reading here is because there are many views expressed here. I am sure the moderators do a great job. :twocents:

All of the cell records provided to the prosecution by the provider for Ms. Arias' phone were put into evidence. The first call pinged on a tower 57 miles north of Kingman AZ (within 8 miles of the Hoover Dam interestingly enough).

Thank you. Closer to Nevada than I thought when she turned on the phone.

I'm LIVID $835,000 AZ taxpayers bill so far DR <mod snip> at least $12k!!!! This is F'n BS! I can bet $$ if I got arrested for something I wouldn't be afforded a private Atty for my Defense! I've not said this in a long time but... I HATE JA! I hope gets DP for selfishly taking TAs life & all he could have contributed to world!

And frankly we'll paid approx a million $'s to prove what we already know she's a lying killer with no justification her actions I do not want to support her a$$ for the next 50 yrs!!!!!

Think of where a million dollars could have been used for GOOD? Victims fund? Or hey novel idea CPS budget to protect truly abused DV child victim!!! Again another SELFISH ACTION OF JAs!!!!

(Sorry mods I HAD to voice my anger & disgust)

I can't blame you. It's frustrating. But at the same time we have to remember that by guaranteeing her rights we guarantee our own. Nurmi WAS a PD when the case was assigned. Due to the amount of time he had spent on the case and the fact that it is a DP trial, the law allows for him to remain on the case. You too would be afforded that right in the same circumstances. Just consider it money spent to bring absolute surety and closure to the family; money spent to get justice for Travis; money spent to protect your rights.

The talking heads are saying Jodi wasn't hiding anything,but you can see something moving upwards behind her then she rocks over and puts something under her.

Yeah, I don't know what she's doing but I am 99.9% certain, Ms Mitigation sneaked something to Mom. If it was on the up and up I don't believe it would've been handled in that manner.

That whole left side of the court room reeks of shrewd and dubious actions.

I live between Mesa and UT, she had to drive through my town, so I tried to get my BF to take a weekend adventure with me to try and look through the desert for the gun, to my suprise he told me I was insane, the nerve :floorlaugh:

Dump him. This is just the first step down that slippery slope to sanity. Who wants to live there?

:seeya:
T minus 30 minutes until the trial is scheduled to start.
Scheduled is the key word here.

Reminder: all opinions are welcome here. If you disagree you can respond RESPECTFULLY. If you have a concern with a post use the alert button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416