trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they in chambers going over juror questions? Are the lawyers done with Dr Doolittle?

no kidding..talk about someone unable to read social cues..

Originally Posted by Really?
I can't believe she stays after he tells her there is no room. Dayum, no self respect at all. She humiliated herself.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable here but it seems to me that any out of court discussions by attorneys could have been conducted yesterday following the early recess.

This is ridiculous. Yesterday was a pretty much wasted day and now today, court is till dark. Get on with it already. Jeesshhhh.

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

I am SOOO glad I was not in the courtroom yesterday. I have a really weak stomach when it comes to that sort of thing. The sound of someone even on TV vomiting makes me begin to heave, much less even a hint of the smell. Even knowing what happened and smelling the air freshened would be enough to send me over the edge.

Seriously, though, they have has since YESTERDAY to use steam cleaners, etc in that room, so why on earth would they be asking people if it smells ok today? One more potential for a delay I guess!

My guess is Nurmi planted the person so he could get some more $$.

Everything that goes wrong or results in a delay, I hear "Nuuuuuuuurmi!" in my head. Kinda like "Neeeewwmannn!" on Seinfeld.

I just read a blurb on Nancy Grace's page about it, but the accompanying video cuts off before Clancy gets to the Christmas tree saga :(

Ugh! I'm still trying to find a clip for us. Can't seem to find one.

This just keeps getting better. To all of you men out there, please recognize RED FLAGS! This girl had Single White Female written all over her! Totally Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction! How do women see these things, and men do not?

I know! My DH has no clue when some woman is flirting with him. He's an engineer. I think most men's brains are in a fog (ha!) when it comes to evaluating other women. They don't see what we see.

Isn't it about time for the afternoon recess? :banghead:

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Juan and Det. Flores just came out of chambers. Nurmi and Willmott are still in there. They must have an xbox back there. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial
Juan and Det. Flores just came out of chambers. Nurmi and Willmott are still in there. They must have an xbox back there. #JodiArias

Which live stream has the best volume? Someone said CNN but I couldn't find it. I have to wear headphones and I need to be somewhat productive today!

definitely cnn for me.( thanks, Steely !).it seems to be a dif url each time..i just search jodi arias trial live stream on the site

Obviously the defence is having trouble with some of the questions. :great:

Yes. Self Defense is a unique circumstance in which bad character evidence can be used by the defendant to show that the victim was the aggressor. Once the defendant attacks the victim's character, then the state can either attack the defendant's character for violence, or present evidence of the victim's good character for peacefulness. Moreover, in homicide cases, if the defendant provides evidence that the victim was the first aggressor, even if that evidence is not character evidence, then the prosecution can enter evidence of the victim's character of peacefulness.

It's usually limited to reputation or opinion evidence...meaning that a witness cannot use specific instances of peacefulness such as, "Travis once walked away after being punched." But a witness could say, "Everything that I know about Travis is that he is a peaceful guy...etc."

Of course, as always, AZ might have a twist on this general rule.

I also think the defense should be allowed to bring in people who can attest to the fact that Arias was no shrinking violet and can be and was aggressive. Some show had someone on (yes-I know that description of "some show, had someone on" is not great)- but the woman said Arias got her in the bathroom basically saying Jodi made sure she knew Travis was "hers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966