trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #104

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never catch up since I decided to do some necessary stuff during lunch. But the TH who is on HLN right now is ridiculous. He was saying JM has to break down the Dr. because his testimony is so important. Says he's a bull in a china shop. AYFKM? :lol:

But I don't think jurors hang because they're annoyed with either side, they do it because they disagree with a point of law.

Dear Judge,

Please make the defendant put her seat back to a normal height. It's upsetting my fan club.

Love,
Juan the Juanderful

(I have to go work in a little bit, no more love letters from court for awhile...bet you're glad lol)

I completely get it, he did the same thing with Jodi when she was on the stand.

I too believe he needs to move on, it is like he gets stuck on stupid at times, arguing needless and pointless things for the sake of an argument.

Granted the Doc gets rattled and can not even answer simple things at times and appears to be making them up on the go but all of this at what expense. I have forgotten who Flores is and whoever the ME is and what their testimony was, seems like centuries ago.

lolol Jodi is not normal and had to be questioned that way. Treating a psycho/sociopath like a normal person on cross would have been a big mistake.

If the doc was not lying for the defense this would go a lot faster. but he can't answer a simple question yes or no without throwing in details...just like Jodi..just like someone who is lying. And the constant sidebars make it drag. By the same token this guy has been impeached....it IS time to move on to next witness.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I missed all of this morning because of work. I briefly read a few posts and from what I can tell is that Juan put the good doctor in his place. Is that correct? Thanks

Yep, Juan is doing his thing. Chewing him up and spitting him out. :floorlaugh:

Hi ya'll :seeya:

Missed Juan dangit but see he is still rockin!! :rocker:

Have a dumb question.. what does ''blunted' mean exactly?
read it and another idea came to mind, whaaa :facepalm:

Blunted means "damped" or "muted" in psychiatry/psychology.

Whereas most of us demonstrate variable animation when interacting with others, like in conversation, this variability is much decreased and the person comes across as looking "flat". The term flat affect refers to this.

The amplitude of expression is unconsciously decreased. Where a normal person might smile broadly while greeting you, someone with blunted affect would not, instead you would observe a deadpan "Hello".

That wasn't the best but I tried.

eta: I'm always so late and answer things that have been covered, lol! Sorry :)

Hi ya'll :seeya:

Missed Juan dangit but see he is still rockin!! :rocker:

Have a dumb question.. what does ''blunted' mean exactly?
read it and another idea came to mind, whaaa :facepalm:

LOL!

If you mean when folks talk about something like 'blunted affect' (I'm not caught up today), it means less show of emotion than a normal person would show.

So like when JA says that she ran to get a gun because she was in fear for her life yet sounds like she's ordering pizza, that's an example.

Psychopaths have blunted/inappropriate affect (unless they are sneaky enough to mimic a normal human better than JA).

PTSD really can cause blunted affect, too. I don't think she has it, but that is a true fact, anyway.

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

FWIW: a very smart individual once told me that the dumbest thing one can do from the witness stand is BRAG! It was emphasized that YOU as the "teller of information" should NOT volunteer just how much of a background YOU have (or for some of us, are fortunate to have life experience) but let the ESQUIRE draw it out. Oh yeah, it frequently rubs folks the wrong way when one "pontificates" without an Apostolic blessing and when one presents as "better than you all".

I'm getting the "feeling" that Dr. Samuels was bullied or significantly disrespected by his peers back in the day, aka in the schoolyard and his EGO is allowing him to "show everybody" how important HE is today!

I agree.

For those who would like a little bit of Juan until lunch returns, here he is at a hearing for Robert Towery.

http://youtu.be/lDQuXm505bs

Sorry for just the link, I'm not sure how to embed a video so you can just hit play.

"cloaked in the garb of a victim" I think that most definitely applies here too. A defendant trying to make herself the victim.

When she very definitely is not.

Doc was NOT privy to her testimony. Good - does that mean ALV doesn't get to hear any testimony either?

Boy did Wilmott look PISSED at the end there. I will be for the post lunch smack down finale.

Please let us know what the jury is doing! (I know that's what you do, lol). Jean C is saying the jury is bored with Juan.

Jinkasaurus thinks today has been good for the defense.....say what?

Did any one hear Doc Dolittle say he had diagnosised a thousand with PTSD but, didn't he say he had only used the test 15 times ??? What a lamo !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor