Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone watching hln after dark...

are those the texts that they don't conveniently have her side of the convo just travis's??

With Doc Samuels it started off as a comparison to Gus.

Then his mouth opened... he seemed shady right from the get-go. ALV doesn't; let's give her a chance. My :twocents: only.

bbm

I agree, double-Elle. Her CV, while longer & more detailed in some areas than it prolly needs to be IMHO, is very impressive. Sounds like she was a bit of a pioneer in DV (and if she was, then bless her brave heart) with regard to getting it out in the open and with a family-oriented approach. I'm sure her main concerns were with women as victims, but she also dealt with male victims as well.

And it doesn't sound like she eats, sleeps and lives on the expert witness stand. And that bothers me... WHY is she getting up there for JA and the defense? Why this case? Certainly, the money will be good, but is there something about this case that made her want to go to bat for JA?

Is she going to highlight verbal abuse? Will she try to tie in some other disorder that she feels JA has that would make her more susceptible to DV, or to at least for her to perceive DV? And would it make her more likely to react to the situation that Jodi and only Jodi described and make her do what she did? Bothersome.

And I do think JM will be a bit more respectful and calm (if that gear is in his amazing gear box). Unless ALV goes off into left field somewhere. And then the gloves will come off.

He's so amazing and passionate -- at least TA had the benefit of this, albeit posthumously. But his family is seeing it and (I hope) taking comfort in our hero...

Yes, this bothers me.

Juror question: What is the difference between covering up and alternative reality?

Dr. Samuels: “Covering up is a voluntary, creating an alibi for yourself. The alternative reality is a psychological process, known as a defense mechanism, and it occurs through subconscious forces. The individual who is afflicted by that oftentimes is not even aware of the depth of their cognitive distortion."

What sort of gobbledygook is this? Alternative reality??? While doing her 'mea culpa' on Direct examination, JA 'confessed' that she was just trying to 'throw everyone off her scent' with her actions after murdering Travis. She also admitted that knew it was
'just a matter of time' before she was caught! So where is the 'alternate reality? She was covering up! The jury gets it!

It is absolutely appalling the way they are accusing Travis of abuse on HLN After Dark right now. I don't care if this is just a game to them, they are hurting Travis' family. Unless they are 100 % sure, they should stop this.

Wait.

Something weird just happened.

I think.

I just listened to Linda Kenney Baden speak and...
...um...
I agreed with her.

I don't do mushrooms.

Help! Did this just happen!?
You are not alone.

:D

Has this been talked about yet...

Part one of the day at 1:22:20 (on croakerqueens upload) sorry I'm not sure on the linking rules ....

JM is writing down #7 "sense of foreshortened future" only he accidentally misspells foreshortened and Jodi snickers with Wilmontt who also giggles about it.

I find it incredible that someone on trial for MURDER facing possible death sentence would snicker and laugh feeling smug over someone else's small error!!
Narrcisst with zero sense of self awareness!

How did he spell it?

The courtroom nor the viewing public ever hears the judge conferring with counsel, so someday rather than approaching the bench, the questions and answers will be communicated on smart phones. Or an even smarter device. Nothing would be lost. In the meantime, how about ear trumpets from the 1890's, or any substitute for J.W.'s constant marches & entreaties? She has given new meaning to tedium. The flow and rhythm of the proceeding is ruined by these disruptions and any opposing counsel would grind his teeth.

Me thinks the judge is just not confident enough in her decisions so she welcomes and even invites these "aproaches" which allows her to hear the lawyers arguments for each side and then it helps her make the right decision. Without hearing both sides, she is not confident enough to make the right call.

Defense witness Dr. Richard Samuels is starting to crack under the strain. If he's on the stand for another two hours, imagine what we will hear . . .

". . . Take the tow line, defective equipment, no more, no less. But they encouraged the crew to go around scoffing at me, and spreading wild rumors about steaming in circles, and then old yellow-strain. I was to blame for Lt. Maryk's incompetence and poor seamanship. Lt. Maryk was the perfect officer, but not Captain Queeg. Ah, but the strawberries, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist, and I've had produced that key if they hadn't pulled the Caine out of action. . ."

. Yes. I believe so. Additionally, it may even come out in rebuttal if the State can't get it on cross of ALV. Personally, I would bust the narrow door definition between lovers/spouses of "domestic violence" wide open!! I would enlarge the scope to encompass the entire family when domestic violence, abuse, neglect, etc...is involved.

Are you referring to dv in his own background?

I am seriously officially addicted to this gif. If you're trying to start a cult or something I'm beginning to baaaa.... hahaha :floorlaugh:

admittedly, someone told me how to do the GIF's.

THEY. CREATED. A. MONSTER.

Not sure if the mod's like it so much.

LULU 67 made the statement that she felt sorry for the Doc at the end when he was sitting alone. I did not know how to carry that thread over but, I admit I did too!!! He was another victim in Jodis web. I get angry at anyone that defends her and im not sure why he agreed to defend her she, didnt even give him a nod of thanks or a half smile...nothing!! Im sure its ruined his career but for some reason..I felt a lil sorry for him. Dont hang me. At least I have empathy unlike Jodi!! Haha!!

It was to be his fifteen minutes, and it didn't turn out like he planned. How can one be so incompetent ,so lacking in ethics and boundaries. One who has no idea just how bad his actions?

He didn't take Jodi's talk of suicide serious and made the call that she'd be fine (in the interest of saving her from being de-humanized by being monitored) and not tell at least jail officials about them. He didn't call JW and tell her. What excuse would he of given if Jodi did try and succeed? keep his mouth shut and no one would know?

And the mocking of appearances in general, male or female, is really petty and immature and something that I'm happy that most people here stick to criticism based on testimony <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor