trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whomever had the brilliant idea to put a DV expert on the stand in this trial really should have their license to practice law revoked.

ETA: And we really ought to send a thank you card when she's convicted! :giggle:

She is describing the abuse TA endured TO A "T"!!!

I hope JM gets her to flip! JA has snowed her worse than Mt Everest in January!

Wow! If they jury is paying attention, which they always seem to be, they have to be thinking about everything JA did to Travis.

So far, I think this witness is hurting the defense.

a) the family should burn in hell for the blue ribbon thing. Any sympathy I had for them is nil.
b) By her speaking in such broad strokes, it is possible that she isn't willing to put her reputation on the line for Jodi. Only time will tell...
c) I can't listen to anymore, otherwise I may throw my computer into the traffic below my window.

but many of the things JA did to TA are not in evidence (tire slashing, coming in through doggie dog, showing up staying at his house w/out him knowing, jealousy like CLancy testified to on DD, threatening suicide if they break up). Lots of things the jury does not know??

So, did JA slash the tires, peep in the windows, and trash the BMW as a means of "acting out"?

About the ribbons, consider this. Even if the blue were to signify domestic violence support, the jury doesn't have internet access to research that. All they are going to see is that after yesterday's testimony, suddenly everyone is wearing a blue ribbon, which clearly the Travis supporters are wearing and have been wearing. They'll be utterly confused or, even better...associate the blue with Travis support.

the family should ADD dv ribbons to their Travis ribbons..he was the abuse victim

It takes a period of time? Like a 5 month relationship where the partners lived hundreds of miles apart?

"It occurs over a period of time"

Outside of a singularity, what doesn't?

I don't know about any of you, but hasn't everything GV said pretty obvious? I mean I think we all will agree that the things she finds controlling and the examples we know all about.

I do think by her talking this much she is touching on the fine points of JM's case AGAINST Jodie, so she may be very good at her assessments and experience , but Juan can now use this against Jodie.

Do like her and hope Juan goes easy on her. Do not think she will the combative type, she has nothing to be defensive about. Seems like a good person. IMO

What happens when Juan points out all the stalking behavior from Jodi etc.? Can an expert witness admit they had no knowledge of all the information and it would change her mind about JA being a battered woman? I just cant imagine this woman wanting to risk her reputation to stand up for someone who is not a true victim. I just feel like she only knows half the story or she would understand Travis was indeed the victim of abuse by JA. Can an expert ever admit they were only given JA side of the story, evidence etc?

If they have any integrity, just because someone is hired by the defense doesn't mean they have to side with them no matter what. If she is honest and is given the info we have on Jodi, she will have to admit that Jodi fits the profile of an abuser. If not, then her credibility is shot, as is her integrity. I'm staying hopeful though.

Something similar happened in the CA case, can't remember specifics but a defense expert ended up changing their tune a bit after the state got to them.

JA terrorized TA.

That's probably why she's testifying about terrorism now.

She is talking about MALE violence .. bar fights, road rage ...

And not one person (other the JA) ever testified that Travis ever displayed any kind of violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter