trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!@!! SEXUAL HUMILIATION??? Like RECORDING a sex tape??? And perhaps threatening to use it, causing the victim to call you a SOCIOPATH??? LOL...this woman is a DREAM witness!!! Juan may take her on a date!!

There's an occasion where she slashes your tires - TWICE

I bet the guy that emptied the gun into the person who was terrorizing him didn't go back and clean up the scene, get rid of the gun, call that dead person and invite him to the opera, send flowers to his mother and give a big grin in his mugshot.

Juan should be allowed to ask her all of it, even if only in hypothetically form....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This "Continuum" needs to be rejected out of hand. Way too subjective. At least the MMPI was done by real experts in a scientific way. This is piffle.

I think you are seeing the emergent doctrine of a single assumption butressed by lots of dogma and confirmation bias over the years:

Women = Abused, Male = Abuser.

The gender pronoun for victim is always "she".

That it absolutely doesn't work in this case would be about as alien to this sort of expert as telling a Catholic that the reason they give women can't be priests -- because they can't change the eucharist into the body of Christ -- makes no sense because, in reality, no one can do it, regardless of gender.

*blank stare*

Most times and it is a shame. The women are always given the benefit of the doubt..

Jodi is a terrorist if we are going by this lady's definition.

All this touchy feely stuff has a short shelf life in the courtroom once the jurors look at those pics of Travis alive in the shower then dead in the shower. At least, I hope, by now, the jurors have Jodi's number - she can look passive, but be completely the aggressor in control of everything.

This was a premeditated murder devised in Jodi's sick mind. Let's talk about this case, instead of everybody else's story. Let's talk about Jodi butchering an innocent man in the shower, a man that asked her to leave him alone.

Honey does these pants make my butt look big? OH you brute you're abusing me.
Hearing every single day for years how inadequate and useless you are - whether its that you aren't pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough, or a good enough parent - can be a very painful and destructive thing to go through. Even the mere implication that there's something 'wrong' with you takes a great toll over the course of time.

MOO

Does anyone think Juan won't be as tough or harsh on cross examining this witness as he was on Samuels?

I hope he's not as harsh because I don't think the jury would like that. Samuels was justified but this so far I don't see this lady as being hostile.

She will get a new trial for an inadequate defense based on LaViolette's testimony alone. They are not serving their client with this witness. Who knows, maybe that's their intention? Very strange...

No she won't. There is no "right" to effective expert witnesses. Only to effective legal counsel.

"Victims of DV don't typically talk about their sexual abuse."

Right, Juan? Add that to your list.

Nurmi sneezed or coughed and Wilmott turned to him and started smiling all big. What was that about?

:facepalm:

I don't see how talking about other people's situations right down to a woman having contractions helps their case. I understand examples might be needed but FTLOG this is ridiculous!

OK wait.
:nevermind:
We are right on schedule. Defense experts yabber on for ages about nothing before Jodi or this case is even brought up. I still have not learned that DT enjoys boring the Jury and racking up their paychecks.

So what do you think folks, next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member