trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Juan must tread carefully with AVL. The jury has bonded with her apparently, and he must not upset the jury. I have faith in him to do the right thing.

Juan is unpredictable and has been harsh even with his own witnesses... I hope he treads carefully, as well.

Well, I went out and did some shopping-did I miss anything or is Alyce still working on CV?

I was just coming to ask the same thing. The FB Justice for Travis site has the motion. I guess the hearing is tomorrow.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Turns out Beth was asking for details on the cost of the defense for #JodiArias. The order is because defense doesn't want to release info.

There is a hearing tomorrow morning at 9 about the motion for protective order. #JodiArias

The hearing will not be in this courtroom, it will be down the hallway under a different judge, Joseph Welty. #JodiArias

i think that was done for the calls on the murder trip. 14 calls from her to him. 2 from him to her.

I think she's talking about the eighty-nine hundred text between Travis and Jodi,
and that was Jodi blowing up his phone constantly with stupid stuff just to keep tabs on him and have his attention.

I like this witness, and she definitely knows what she's talking about in terms of all the various forms of abuse. I am really eager to hear how she relates this to Travis and Jodi. I would be surprised if she makes a flat out conclusion that Travis was an abuser -- maybe she'll couch it as Travis having more power in the relationship and Jodi's perception. A lot of what she will be relying on will be what Jodi has relayed to her, but there are other pieces of evidence besides Jodi's word that she can point to as well.

For example, Travis not wanting Jodi to spend time at Rachel's, Travis joking about why Jodi would want to spend time with her family, telling her not to write things in her journal, the names Travis called her and ultimately telling her she's the worst thing that ever happened to her, Travis getting mad at her for hanging out with John "*advertiser censored*" because he was not in the church, etc. Those are all things that can be found in her journals or in the text messages between Travis and Jodi.

And I hate to say it, but those behaviors of Travis' are unhealthy behaviors and are not appropriate in a romantic relationship. Obviously, the healthy thing to do would be for Travis to leave the relationship if he was unhappy with Jodi's behaviors. Travis did have more power in the relationship, but that does not mean he was abusive -- especially in this situation because Jodi was constantly doing the passive aggressive stuff to hurt Travis and sabotage his life.

I'm not particularly worried because there are so many behaviors of Jodi's that Juan can ask her about that clearly fall within her continuum. And besides that, there's nothing that remotely would cause Jodi to fear for her life when she murdered Travis.

I think you're on the right track.

I'm also expecting her to note JA's conversion to Mormonism, with Travis as an LDS Elder.

I believe she may say that he controlled her by defining boundaries -- especially sexual boundaries -- for her.

As we heard her phrase it, "monopolization of perception."

However, to whose benefit did this redound? JA was clearly a sexual controller, leader, and instigator.

She was constantly looking to keep him on the hook sexually while still 'candidating' herself for a permanent position; i.e., Mrs. Jodi Alexander. But the way she went about it made the two roles mutually exclusive.

If ALV's testimony continues along this track, the jurors may very well see JA as the abuser.

To which I respond, "If the shoe fits..."

Has anyone here actually calculated the number of days (approximately, since we weren't there) that JA and TA actually physically spent together?

I have wondered about that since the beginning of this trial. They "officially" went out for a mere five months. During that time they were living in different states. They both had jobs. Travis' job may have been more flexible. I am not sure what kind of steady hours Jodi worked but it seemed like she had quite a bit of time off for her driving expeditions.

I have yet to see a card, email, text where Travis tells Jodi he loves her.

Long distance relationships require a bit more "work" and I don't see any evidence of that from Travis to Jodi.

Not just her siblings. I have a feeling that Jodi was not a "team player" as a child and probably didn't have many friends. She was likely a tattletale and would make up stories to get others in trouble. I can easily see her hitting, kicking, punching, biting, breaking toys, etc. to retaliate for some perceived offense or slight toward her or when she didn't get her own way. :moo:

Anyone read the book or seen the movie "The Bad Seed?" Little Rhoda Penmark. Scary stuff. That's who she reminds me of.

I got a bad feeling from the photo she made with her & that big black dog--I can't put my finger on it, but the dog's facial expression & body language is not right.

I also got a bad feeling when she would talk about Napoleon--she said something like "I bathed him all the time" & the way she goes out of her way in stories to mention his name--makes me think that she was jealous of the pet.

I've had one abusive boyfriend, and one of his traits was BEING JEALOUS OF MY DOG. These freakshows like Jodi even compete with animals for attention and adoration. They make me SICK.:twocents:

I recall hearing one of Travis's friends saying that JA hated Napoleon. No surprise there! I always had a litmus test when I was single - if someone didn't like my dog or vice versa - they were not marriage material. We were a package deal, lol.

Well I know the witch hunters want to be for DV but common sense and not being a hater myself tells me it is for Epilepsy as they have never worn them before today but that is MOO and not confirmed.

Don't consider myself a witch hunter, just a cynic. It just seems to be a slap in the face of Travis' family considering that were asked to remove their ribbons. Maybe it is for epilepsy awareness, but it can obviously be interpreted as support for DV victims which JA is claiming to be. Her family apparently is a lot like Jodi in that they have no idea what is appropriate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364329785.293029.jpg

Not my dog ... Just love this pic! Never fails to make me smile! Everyone draw done eyebrows on your pet, take a pic and post em here!

Almost as much fun as a spoonful of peanut butter on the roof of a dogs mouth;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JA told her dad she did not know where she had been/was?And he got angry...

Sorry, I've been in & out w/ the kids so haven't checked in on here... but caught bits & pieces of LaViolette's testimony on tv....

But what is all this talk about Epilepsy??? Did the expert testify to something regarding epilepsy? I'm confused.

My husband suffers from Epilepsy & has grand mal seizures... he takes meds to treat it but lack of sleep, stress, & other things still cause him to have a tonic clonic (or grand mal seizure). It is a devastating condition for the entire family when a loved one suffers from epilepsy... and I unfortunately know this from experience. :(

Please fill me in on the epilepsy situation & why it's being brought up.

TIA! :)

ETA: I know today is National Epilepsy Awareness Day... but I was curious of the discussion here & if it was brought up in court or something?

View attachment 31205

Not my dog ... Just love this pic! Never fails to make me smile! Everyone draw done eyebrows on your pet, take a pic and post em here!

Almost as much fun as a spoonful of peanut butter on the roof of a dogs mouth;)

Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads