trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support in the religious community is important. Like when Jodi went and told the Bishop about being "choked" by Travis...oh wait, never mind.

I need a nap... Going to check back in an hour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This witness comes across well and I'm sure her experiences in dealing with DV victims are laudable... BUT, I think she's stealth.

Yes, Juan will certainly make mincemeat of her but there's something almost subliminal coming across here - I think it has to do with a female DV expert being questioned by a female lawyer defending a female murderer. I burned my bra alongside Gloria Steinem in the '70s and I'm all I Am Woman Hear Me Roar but there's something very unbalanced going on here - can't put it into words but I'm hoping Martinez doesn't come across as the Big Male Monster to anyone on the jury.

This is sooo boring. Any idea how long she's going to be questioned by JW?

The cross will certainly NOT be boring, that's for sure.

Is this woman going to be on the stand 19 days telling about every possible scenario she's ever heard of and/or treated? Can someone wake me when she's done, please, so I can hear the cross?

Jodi and Travis weren't in a domestic relationship. They weren't married, were never even engaged. Just because Jodi said that they were "official" doesn't mean that Travis felt the same way about their relationship. At the time of the murder, the pair were no longer dating, and Jodi lived 1000 miles away.

I've wondered what the 'official' dating and breakup dates meant as well. They're according to Jodi - so you're right, who knows if Travis felt the same? And what makes it official? Did she register the breakup in the official breakup listing?
All we do know is that she moved to another state to be closer to him after they both had told others they broke up, and moved back to her home state 1,000+ miles away, along with the car she 'bought', but never paid for - and admittedly totaled in doing so, that she showed up at some point at his home on June 4th.
Only one of them is alive to say when she arrived, if she was welcome, what she did while there, and how long she took to do it.
And only one of them was fatally injured (or injured at all, aside from a finger booboo).
I don't think Travis ever went to see her in Yreka, or anywhere else - it sounds as if he didn't even visit her in Mesa - she always went to his house, invited or not.
How can you not get away from someone that never pursues you? Never even visits?

I have a really hard time believe that someone who drives 1000 miles to kill her ex has "learned helplessness"

Wow someone had trouble leaving because of religious issues. More stories.
A lot of people do after marriage. Doesn't apply in this case unless. Jodi never testified that she felt married to Travis. In fact she says repeatedly she isn't ever even jealous.

If it weren't for the good peeps here on Websleuths, I would not be watching/listening to this nonsense right now. I suspect that the jury is :rolleyes: and wondering what any of this Bull@#$% has to do with this case.

Well, Jodi claims he proposed over the phone. Take that for whatever it's worth, which is nothing IMO.

Thanks SheltieMom1,

I'm just trying to make sense of their relationship within the context of the current testimony.

That fake sad look on JA's face is pizzing me off. :furious:

Look how obviously she is facing the jury. Bleh

Me too! She started looking worse when religion was brought up. I guess she thinks she stayed with Travis because of her Mormon faith. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli