trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA is trying so hard to cry...

She will always cry for herself but only cried once when talking about what she did to Travis. :furious:

I mean who cries because they want to put on makeup before their mug shot???

Awwww, look at Jodi! She looks like a sad widdle puppy dog. I hope none of the jurors are falling for that look or, if they do, they realize that she WAS the abuser, but thinks or WANTS OTHER PEOPLE TO THINK she was abused.

Hmmm . . . discussing blaming victims might not be the way to go for this defense.

ALV just referred to articles in Cosmo and Redbook Magazines, where people discuss deal-breakers (her words: their "bottom lines") in abusive relationships.

Much better sources for highly regarded academic studies to help they jury understand the issues, much better than Time Magazine that Dr. S cited.[sarc emoticon]

I've completely tuned out. The earbuds are in but I haven't heard a word she's saying. I'm interested to know what the jury is doing right now

and if this witness is prepared to hurt them more based on the word of a liar alone, without fully researching the victim's side as well, she should look towards a new career imo

What's actually harder to see TAs family listening to this talk of abuse is from my understanding they had a rough childhood before they went to live with Grandma so this hurts even more IMO

Argument by anecdote is when you prove a point with a story. It is a very compelling argument, because people like stories about other people more than they like cold, hard facts. Too often, though, the argument by anecdote is used when the facts are stacked heavily against a position. If you don’t have the facts, tell a story. People will believe the anecdote because it demonstrates what they themselves believe to be true. That’s why you’ll find more arguments by anecdotes proffered by those on the losing end of the “facts” battle.
Taken from Jampole Communications

I am going to go put a straw in a bucket of coffee so I can tolerate this for another little while. I am SICK of her anecdotes and the magazine references just sent me over the edge. My sister and I could have a more meaningful discussion about DV. This is just another layer of this crazy cake...

Victim blaming is done by defense attorneys, Ms. Laviolette, that's the side YOU are testifying for. Who do you think invented the idea of blaming rape victims for how they dress??

Victim Blame- Defending Jodi Arias thru Trashing Travis Alexander by Jennifer Wilmott

TA

bottom line-Wanted to remain a virgin until marriage

isolated-Could not tell anyone that you are having sex. Crossed the bottom line and belief system.

JA lost respect for TA for crossing the bottom line. Used it against him, threats in telling this, in making him feel bad for breaking his law/beliefs/bottom line.

Wow!

All this "should've, could've, would've"...testimony has already cost the state of Arizona over $1000.00.
Wow. Just wow~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members