trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness this is just do wrong
I don't like this at all

This witness is, ultimately, working towards making the case that Travis Alexander deserved to be butchered. It was just that he was. That he was an abusive monster like all the other men who aren't invisible to her. That Travis never transcended his upbringing.

Really, the conclusion could only be that Travis Alexander was unimportant, his life and death not worth bothering with, except to the extent it effects Jodi Arias.

Hanna Arendt had a term for this king of droning in the service of no good:

"The Banality of Evil".

Thank-you for the objection Juan... this is really difficult for me to listen to... sending lot's of love to Travis and his family!

Utter disgrace. Even worse I expected. She is just embarrassing herself. Has demonstrated no expertise, no critical thinking, just telling stories and making assumptions and generalizations.

She's giving the jury possibilities rather than probabilities. Insidiously poisonous. Getting the jury to relate to her anecdotes and in effect, to JA, making everything warm fuzzy and wishy washy. Experts as a rule speak in cold hard facts and probabilities. She's saying, "see, it could happen to anyone including you" as if JA were normal. She's dangerous because she lulls her audience into dropping the critical thinking and, instead, relate.

I'm waiting for the group hug.

Yeah...they're gonna go there with Travis' childhood

I'm on HLN and not there yet, but that is despicable. I will say that his childhood could have set him up to be naive and victimized by the lkes of Jodi. The term "adult children" of alcoholics/addicts has a rather literal meaning when it comes to relationships and how much you'll put up with. ime and :twocents:

I fell asleep at the lunch time and woke up attempting to catch up on the messages. Katydid my prayers go with your family!!!!

^j^ ^j^ angels come to daughter and granddaughter to envelope with love ^j^ ^j^

No need to buy ALV book. She's going to tell us chapter by chapter.

Willmott just snuck in a LOT of info she shouldn't have been able to, oops here she goes again!

I'm fuming now!

Me too -- but Juan will bring in his own hypotheticals. That I'm confident of.

I just hope JW isn't going to start at birth and run hypo's until TA died. I will just have to walk away.

MOO

Mel

Am I the only one wondering if the jury has also started to tune out and instead may be wondering about boxers or briefs?

They are replaying the cat videos they watched on the Internet last night in their heads.

Go ahead Jennifer let the jury know what Travis overcame .... go head you VERY VERY VERY unusual person. Go ahead and do it. It will just enrage the jury even more. I'm furious. Actually furious is a understatement of epic proportions!!!!!

really? the judge is allowing this?

so if a child has a rough childhood they can in no way shape or form come out of that okay ? they will all become abusers? I beg to differ!!!!

i think JM should be allowed to admit TA's blog about his childhood in response to this hogwash.

that's not in evidence, is it?

OMG Travis is being psychoanalyzed theoretically and nobody can step in and stop this train wreck and he isn't around to speak for himself.

Im sorry but not everyone coming from that situation becomes violent. Some of them learn to do better, I cant stand that this woman is painting ppl from this background with her general brush. Even without intervention as adults we have choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee