trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, I think she is.

I think she has hit eerily close on several salient points for it to be coincidence. She as handed JM his cross on a silver platter and I am really beginning to doubt that it is accidental.

I am kind of :what:

I truly think is the direction the Defense wanted to go in...that JA was ticked off, hurt and just snapped in rage. But the poor little helpless JA is running this...so they are stuck with she was in immediate fear for her life, went all foggy and fought to defend herself. Not the truth. We know she planned this. But since that doesn't help JA, and since JA wouldn't sign onto the blind rage deal...they are stuck.

minor4th said, "If ALV's testimony continues along this track, the jurors may very well see JA as the abuser.
To which I respond, "If the shoe fits..
."

ITA!! As long as it's not a glove!!

I need some boxing gloves. I just want to punch JA in her fun bags until one of them explodes. Funny given all the body slamming and wrestling from Travis that one didn't pop.

When she hears guilty, she will feel like she has been body slammed.

I grew up in a home with an abusive father. Every weekend, every holiday was miserable. He never abused us, but was very verbally abusive to my mother, and on a few occasions he was physically abusive. In one sense I guess it was abusive to us, because of the great fear we had. In spite of this, my four siblings and I all have been successful, happy people. We have all had long, happy marriages and loving relationship. We all saw what we didn't want in our lives. She may be pretty good explaining how abuse happens, but it is just not applicable in this case, unless you apply it to Jodi. I know everyone is entitled to a defense, but I have no respect for a defense team that leaves all integrity behind.

So ALV cannot mention Travis but JW can with "hypothetical" bs ?
I am sick.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I predict JW will keep this witness on the stand until Thursday 3:45 pm. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, I can tell you that you are wrong. :giggle: Court only goes until 12:30 on Thursday!

I feel you KCL, I always describe myself as "flypaper for freaks" after one of my friends "noticed" that about the type of man I attract.

But I never messed with my Mom. She has a mean wicked backhand that hurt like heck. She also started using hot wheel tracks for spanking after she broke her wrist on the kitchen table because my brother was an artful dodger. :)

Ahhhhhh, the 60's.

could you tell me if there are texts which prove these things? or is this stuff just coming from the defendant? did he ever text something bad about her spending time with rachel? about her family? telling her not to write negative things in her journal?

if so, i missed it. not saying it's not out there---but i've never read that. only heard it from her.

Hey, kscornfed - that's not my quote... (confused) - If you need a quote I've offered, I'll do my best to provide it - but I usually do that w/in anything I quote (if I quote, I link) unless I forget, of course... :)

Would someone just shoot me now? I'll pay for your gas to Oregon. I can't take anymore . I'm expecting JW to ask why we sent men to the moon. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm in Eastern Oregon,won't even charge you for gas, course I'd hug you instead of shoot ya:therethere:

Well, Jodi was on a 48 Hours-Mystery, so in a bizarre way, it applies. You know, to her consciousness of guilt.

This really is ok folks. She is right. Most abusers come from bad backgrounds. THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS: All abused kids are abusers. She is merely testifying that the clientele she sees comes from bad backgrounds. You all are totally right - that does not flip the other way - not everyone who was abused becomes abusers.

I like this testimony because I think it makes you hurt for Travis and how what he went through impacted him. There is no doubt it did. In my mind, his pain as a young child may be the very reason he tolerated the abuse from JA. It was familiar, even when he was wanting to do better for himself.

While I can see this hits a nerve, I honestly believe it will ultimately help the prosecution. This witness is articulate, fair, and considerate. (Always open to changing my mind later). I think Juan will have a very good cross and pull in exactly how Travis' childhood made him a repeat victim to JA.

But, please know, I do not think her testimony is the same as saying those who grow up in bad homes always perpetrate. I work with traumatized kids and that just isn't true. However, some of the worst offenders do come from difficult situations and don't develop empathy and conscience - like JA. I'd love to know her true background.

child who grows up neglected, can't bathe much, parents are drug abusers, dirty, teased . . .is that abusive? . . . very abusive.

ok - so as this child grows up to be a man
something whether they blame self for what happened . . . what they learned growing up . . . even if you have terrific parents you said I will not do what my parents did . . . sometimes you end of channeling those things you said you would never say . . . because I said so . . those s ort of things

you learn to be fearful . . .where it plays out may not be in your professional life - you are not challeneged @ same emotional level -- you can be successful in your job and have good job but tested most in intimate relationship - what I hear from men I work with . . they get into situation with partner they are thrown back to powerlessness feeling as a kid . . . stop it by getting bigger and more powerful against person that makes them feel powerless. . . kids don't have cognitive ability to explain or say what is happening . . they are left with the feelings that come up when in a relationship and feel powerless . .. . young vs 6 or 7 years old vs. teens? . . . things can be tolerated more when they are little . . . if teen they have a good life and people they can count on . . more of an ability of having a life where little kids cannot . . . infants suffer from failure to thrive . . .all of this kids ere little and had full blown PTSD . . . didn't matter if you were male or female . . they were afraid of adults . . . things tolerated by teens may be very hard to tolerate by a young child.

learn how to deal with relationship without intervention? . . .not specific necessarily but they would not have the skills to deal with an intimate relationship . . .most of us have seen our parents argue and close a door . . but if parents are acting out violently . . . you see that is how you treat someone in a loving relationship. . . I always remember my Dad coming home from work and
Objection - sustained

Combat readiness- Brucy Perry deal with children involved in violent crimes . . . live in family that is a war zone . . .have to be hypervigilent in a warzone . . .see things as threatening that we might not see. . . chronic combat readiness is living your life in a violent family zone flooded with stress hormones and in fight vs. flight . . . not operating from cortex but operating in your reptilian brain . . . .a lo of people who bullied people came from violent families.

men you worked with come from traumatic or abusive families?
my experience has been almost everybody I worked with came from some violent situation in foster care, their parents, their primary caretakers, violent neighborhood. . . research showed somewhere 60-70% . . . . research was done when people lived in violence they were beaten as children and they thought that was ok . . . not 100% but close to it . . .

worst kinds of violence tend to be perpetrated by those who grew up in the worst kind of violence.

afternoon recess until 3:15 . . . . you are excused

please stand for the jury

BBM: Is she setting up the mitigation or is she referring to TA and his violence? I'm confused.

Can she cite ANY studies that support this nonsense? "Most of them do this" "they probably will do that" how does she know?

The "Quincy" effect. You remember the show "Quincy" with Jack Klugman as a medical examiner? There was one show were a body was found on a college campus. It was determined that the remains had been there 15 years or more. The most likely victim was a professor who had gone missing. Only the professor was white, and the remains showed that the person suffered from Sickle Cell Anemia. 90% of those who have SCA are African American.

So Quincy confronts the the professor's widow, who breaks down and admits that her husband was "passing" as white. He didn't want his daughter to find out and was eventually killed by his blackmailer.

My question is, if 90% of those who suffer from SCA are African American, what are the other 10%?

also....ALV has now testified to things she is not an expert on, child psychology and childhood ptsd also the brain scans showing empathy, all she did was watch a tv show featuring the story and read an article.

I watch Dr. Oz too.....I am now a cardiologist. ba-bam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876