trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ma'am I understand that you like the word wordsmith, but does that answer my question? Yes or no.
I did this to my husband tonight. I didn't intend to.

Me: Spaghetti OK for dinner?

Him: Doesn't matter. Whatever you wanna make.

Me: That's not what I asked you, honey.

But Travis had a grandma who took him in and he also had his faith.

My blood pressure is skyrocketing!

quite the opposite here. Deflated and very sad :( If you look at TA's family, they are all upstanding citizens who have lovingly sat through this trial day in and day out.

TA was not the abuser, and I believe the jury knows that by now. And on that note, I do believe they know what JW is doing here -- dragging TA through the mud. If I was a juror, I'd be :furious:

MOO

Mel

I have to say I resent the HELL out of this testimony.

Travis and I had the exact same background and upbringing. We even grew up in the same county.

What I resent is that somehow kids like Travis and I were destined for failure and are completely damaged goods. Destined to repeat the cycle.

Travis wasn't who he was despite his upbringing but because of it. He saw how far people could fall. He knew he had a choice. All kids with our upbringing have choices. We can either rise above it and prove everyone wrong or make ourselves a victim.

I chose to not be a victim and so did Travis.

I am not sure if I just read JA's lips while talking to Nurmi at the very end of clip where judge says we are at recess but I swear . . . Jodi said something like . . .have you seen this? what is this? to Nurmi . . ..

any lip readers here . . .. hopefully a clip will be up soon to review.
Yes. She pointed at something on the desk and with a huffy expression she says "Ok. What is this? What is this?"

She was peeved.

my Dad grew up in an abusive family and I (and my 7 siblings) could not have been blessed with a kinder, more moral, more gentle Dad :rocker:

I can agree with that.. My brother refused to physically punish his daughters cuz he was afraid he'd lose control like our father did!

My Mother after divorce always reinforced "Never hit with the hand that loves" so when we were really really bad we got swat on bottom with board LOL but never her hand!

JA desperately seeking juror eye contact as the jury files out for a break. Waiting for her to start with the dog whistles!

I do get immense satisfaction from the look of desperation on her face as she watches them enter/exit the courtroom. I half expect her to hold up her fakey lame finger and wave to them. She's been told it only takes one by her defense team so she's hoping she can establish some kind of connection with just one of them.

those of you that have read why I am so involved in this trial know my hubby had it hard growing up.......he is successful in business, spoils me, is an awesome dad....the list goes on and on.

I am offended!:furious:

She's not saying nearly 100% of those from abusive households grow up to be abusers. She's saying nearly 100% of abusers grew up in violent households.

JM will be able to counter this. He knew where the Defense planned to go. They certainly had no plan to make JA the abuser even though we think she is one-:what:. But, there are countless people that have grown up under Travis' circumstances as sad as that is and they don't abuse anybody, so to lump everyone all in one heap is wrong- and he will get her to admit that and more. We have seen him do Juanderful things before!
I am more concerned over our Alexander family- they need love & hugs!:seeya:

I love how people thought this lady was so nice and were reeled in by her.... then, BLAMO! There goes Travis' family under the bus.

Don't be fooled by grandma. She is makin bank for selling her soul.

I am not sure if I just read JA's lips while talking to Nurmi at the very end of clip where judge says we are at recess but I swear . . . Jodi said something like . . .have you seen this? what is this? to Nurmi . . ..

any lip readers here . . .. hopefully a clip will be up soon to review.

I saw "What is this?" as she was pointing down at the table.

No. The wrecking ball is just picking up speed.

Aww man. :( I thought she said she was done. Was she just saying it was a good time for a break? Silly me to think it would end so soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Hahahaha. JA's pizzed about something. She says to Nurmi as she points at something on the table..."Ok. What is this? What is this?" Priceless. What a little b#tch! I wish I knew how to make snippets from you tube! Did someone else catch that?

moo

Yes, I caught it. Jump through hoops, Nurmi!

I love how the THs are now bored...what part of this has to do with JA? Nothing, just throwing enough spaghetti at the wall and hoping any of it resonates with a juror sympathetic, if there even is one, to JA.

Well, I am sure that since Wilma decided to open up the can of worms regarding bad childhoods, I am very confident that Mr. Martinez will undoubtedly bring up JA horrible early days.

I can only hope. This is disgusting.

judge probably won't let him. Bending over backwards in 1 direction

I am stepping away for a moment to pray for Travis and his family. I'm just disgusted right now.

AGAIN, it is a logical fallacy to use percentages in this way. Yes, maybe 100% of the population she worked with witnessed violence. BUT 100% of children who witness violence do not BECOME violent.

Grrrrr. Don't blame ALV for this, blame the trained mind of the attorney - it's dirty pool. Well, let's hope our mathmagicijuan sorts it out, if ALV doesn't do it herself.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member