trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if I just read JA's lips while talking to Nurmi at the very end of clip where judge says we are at recess but I swear . . . Jodi said something like . . .have you seen this? what is this? to Nurmi . . ..

any lip readers here . . .. hopefully a clip will be up soon to review.
Very i n t e r e s t i n g

I wonder if JA's esteem is troubled by the fact they didn't give her any blue to wear today...maybe too much even for the defense to attempt?

I'm getting tired of her little anecdotal stories to go along with every answer. Good storyteller? I'll stick to Spielberg!

also....ALV has now testified to things she is not an expert on, child psychology and childhood ptsd also the brain scans showing empathy, all she did was watch a tv show featuring the story and read an article.

I watch Dr. Oz too.....I am now a cardiologist. ba-bam!

And if you have a digital camera, you are also a digital photographer :great::great:

my Dad grew up in an abusive family and I (and my 7 siblings) could not have been blessed with a kinder, more moral, more gentle Dad :rocker:

This is the question that JM has to ask and he does know the answer to it..."Do all men who have grown up in an abusive situation described blah, blah,blah end up being abusive?" The answer will be no.

ALV is doing a credible job with her testimony and answering the questions honestly; it's hard to hear because JW did phrase her question in such a way as to get the response we heard. A young child who grows up in a situation similar to what Travis experienced is most likely going to encounter difficulties in interpersonal relationships. KIM most likely does not mean this will happen, nor does it mean that person will be abusive.

It is up to JM to ask the right question. He will get the right answer from ALV, IMO.

FWIW, JW does need to wrap this up. Way too much time or she is going to lose people. Have you ever been to a training seminar that lasted this long? There is a reason that things are limited to just over one day and that is people's attention spans.

If they have the same lump in their throat and pit their stomach as I do, they are not happy with this line of questioning. It really is below the belt.

It's so horrible, unbelievable except what JA promised in her plea offer she is following through with
I should have known it would get this dirty

Is this how all murder trials go??? Cloak the murderer in a robe of innocence and portray the victim as someone who had it coming??? Disgusted by today's testimony more than any day of testimony by defense witnesses so far...

Jodi Arias is in NO way a survivor of any abuse by Travis. Jodi was the abuser. Period.

I hope Juan is listening intently and is able to speak calmly and quietly with this woman in order to bring the truth to the jury about Jodi as the abuser and Travis as the VICTIM.

During the sidebar I just have to say that this testimony is really hitting home with me. I'm a survivor of severe abuse. I don't talk about it much, it hurts too much. This is really hard to listen to, but I'm trying to learn from this woman in order to help myself.

OK, back to testimony.

I mentioned earlier, JM tried a passive approach on the final morning of his cross of DR. S and it completely nullified the man's obvious irritation. JM came out of those exchanges superbly well and exposed not only the man's errors but also his anger.

I believe a similar approach will also work well with ALV. She seems more the sort to have a rational exchange with and, on her performance so far, the jury won't want to see him shred her.

Thank you for sharing your perspective.

Yes. She pointed at something on the desk and with a huffy expression she says "Ok. What is this? What is this?"

She was peeved.

That's sure what it looked like to me , "OK, what is this? What is this?! What are you do...(cuts off)" . She's pretty cheeky for a learned helplessness victim of violence.

BBM: Is she setting up the mitigation or is she referring to TA and his violence? I'm confused.

that's when she was originally going to testify, is what i read. in the penalty phase to mitigate. then she became a witness.

I need chocolate. Anyone care to join me? I bought a bag of chocolate eggs today and I could do some damage.

Guys,

This is standard defense B.S. It really is! Try not to take it personally. This "expert" will be thoroughly impeached. This is pure nonsense and the jury well knows it.

She can create hypothetical scenarios all day long and it has nothing to do with Travis and this case.

Don't despair. Juan will make it all better.

In the end JA will be convicted of 1st degree murder. This "expert" and anyone else will not disparage TA's memory because the people who actually knew and loved him know the truth. The truth will prevail.

There are many walking wounded on Websleuths and many have made the choice to not be abusers.

walking wounded
Use in a sentence
walking wounded
noun
casualties, as of a military conflict, who are wounded but ambulatory.
Informal. persons who have been damaged or defeated psychologically or emotionally by their experiences in life.

Some walking wounded take their power back and don't allow the abuse to ruin their life or be a xerox copy of their abuser(s).

Travis took his power (to happiness, joy, value, etc) back and was making something of his life (and his legacy shows that) and the leech sitting in the small chair was just a bug he was trying to toss aside. He should have squashed the bug, but he was not a jodi.

FUMING MAD RIGHT NOW.

Talk about an erroneous zone!!! Sheesh!

Wow, you guys are so fast, I can barely log on and ten pages go by!

Thank you to those in the courtroom and all the smart posters. You all help my obsession when I can't break away from work.

I, too, have too much experience in DV. Family, not me. One lived, one was murdered. I know exactly what the Alexander family is going through.

So, just hi and thank you.

Welcome to WS, GreenEyesBlue! I'm sorry for your loss....

These trial threads are fast! Not all the rest are, though ;)

:welcome5:

My question is, if 90% of those who suffer from SCA are African American, what are the other 10%?

Of Mediterranean descent, Semetic and the like.

Really, sickle cell anemia isn't a "racial" illness, because the condition in its heterozygous form (dominant/recessive genes) gives an advantage over contracting Malaria, it's basically more a geographical condition. It's not African Americans who get it, it's people who trace ancestry back to a certain region of Africa.

The problem is, you have people who got both dominant genes, have full blown Sickle Cell and that sucks.

This is what I'm watching during this break, lol

My Juanderful prosecutor.. my Juanderful prosecutor... I can't be without my Juanderful
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ID_E-SYbQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ID_E-SYbQ[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010