trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not looking for sympathy...it just infuriates me to even look at her (JA) knowing the facts I know about her. She is a waste of oxygen.

Any more news on the reported death threat on the DT from today?

So maybe JM will ask her about hypothetical abusive personalities who stalk those trying to get away from said abusive personalities?

:please:

Exactly! How many victims stalk their abusers?

Beth Karas InSession
LaViolette is back in the stand for a third day tomorrow. I suspect she won't finish this week since Thursday is a half day. #JodiArias
Like · · Share · 1112222 · 41 minutes ago ·

I think most people believe that evil does exist..and most also believe they are able to recognize an evil (psychopathic) person when they see them. The reason some believe this was self defense is because they expect psycho killers to look like Manson, Henry Lee Lucas or Joel Rifkin...and, in the off-chance the evil person is female, to look like Aileen Wuornos.

Many just don't know what to look for.

They just can't imagine a slight, soft-spoken, calm young woman could possibly be a psycho killer (I know that's a lame term, but I kinda liked the cover of that paper or magazine shared by a fellow WS'r with the headline 'Psycho Killer' below 'it's' picture). They aren't paying attention to WHAT she says/does they are only focusing on HOW she appears/sounds).

They don't understand what they are looking at...and what they are looking at is pure evil.

I am not convinced of the "evil" thing, but I do agree that often, bad actors come from behind the most lovely of masks.

I also don't believe that anyone is pure bad or pure good. I think that circumstances exacerbate or elevate what is inherently flawed or good in each of us.

Most of the time the result is just the typical fallible human. Thankfully seldom is it the result we see in Jodi Arias. :(. And yet even her defect wasn't apparent until closer inspection.

I just want to share this because it's been on my mind all day while I listened to AL on stand...

When I was 9 yrs old on a sunny spring/summer day where all your windows would be open with a cool breeze the couple across the street were yelling & you could hear it in our house. My mom went to the screen door of course I followed right behind looking out the window by the door to see what was going on..

The neighbor lady went to get into the drivers side of the pick up truck in their drive & the man grabbed her by her hair pulling her out. (My mom yelled for my 16 yr old brother to come here) The lady got away ran into truck shut door (guessing locked it) but the man got into the other door.. I could hear her blood curdling screams stop stop I'm sorry...

My Mom told my brother to go out into street & yell at the guy to stop as the police been called on the way. I was still looking out the curtain & saw my brother run yelling Hey Hey Hey Man stop.. Police are coming.. The guy jumped out of the truck went inside their home.. My brother went up to the truck asking the lady if she was ok.. {snipped}

I snipped it there, because I just knew your next sentence was going to be "And the man came out holding a shotgun and......" Thank God it ended well and kudos to your heroic brother.

I was molested by my step-dad when I was 5. I married a man who beat me so bad I was in the hospital 6 weeks recovering. I then married another loser who turned out to be a REAL pedophile. ( he taped the act, I found the tape) I was going to shoot him, then call the police, but I didn't. He was arrested and sentenced to 17 years in prison. I have NEVER kicked a dog. Hit my mother or killed ANYTHING because I was abused. The more I watch this BI*CH, the angrier I get. How dare she act like a "victim". She is one sick puppy. thanks...I guess I just had to vent.

Big hugs....and ....vent away!

Has anyone heard this before? That Travis relocated for a short time?

People You'll See In Hell (website)
http://pysih.com/2009/06/21/jodi-ann-arias/

"Arias said she and Alexander dated from Feb. 2, 2007, until late June 2007 and that she broke up with him on June 29 and moved to California in April 2008. She says neither of them was interested in marriage, so she moved away to put some distance between them.
That’s not exactly true. She actually moved to California to follow Travis there when he had to relocate for a time. When he returned to Arizona, Jodi remained in California."

Any more news on the reported death threat on the DT from today?

I think one would have to look to the DT on that. Why would they receive death threats? Besides not getting media attention I mean...

(crickets)...

To Our Fran ! ! !

:cheers::dance::gthanks::takeabow:

:yourock:

:hero:

:skip:

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

:woot::woot:

:thewave:

Thank You So Much Fran...You Do Rock

So maybe JM will ask her about hypothetical abusive personalities who stalk those trying to get away from said abusive personalities?

:please:

But of course JW would spend 50 minutes in a sidebar OBJECTING.

What could they possibly ask her about that is relevant to their task? There are no questions because there was no relevant testimony.

Amen! I'd be concerned if there WERE questions in the box! Surely, JW must notice that the jury has tuned out AND know she is opening doors left and right for JM... Oops! Never mind! <Sigh> Dr. Samuels! :facepalm:

I think most people believe that evil does exist..and most also believe they are able to recognize an evil (psychopathic) person when they see them. The reason some believe this was self defense is because they expect psycho killers to look like Manson, Henry Lee Lucas or Joel Rifkin...and, in the off-chance the evil person is female, to look like Aileen Wuornos.

They just can't imagine a slight, soft-spoken, calm young woman could possibly be a psycho killer (I know that's a lame term, but I kinda liked the cover of that paper or magazine shared by a fellow WS'r with the headline 'Psycho Killer' below 'it's' picture). They aren't paying attention to WHAT she says/does they are only focusing on HOW she appears/sounds).

They don't understand what they are looking at...and what they are looking at is pure evil.

I agree, Keebler. And somehow this evil woman has learned how to capture certain men with her special lasso of charm, and they are never the same. Travis was only the 1st extreme example.

The jurors need to stop this woman from having another chance -- outside the bars of a prison, that is -- from doing this to another trusting, good man. And if a woman were to stand in the way, she'd be no. 3. JMHO.

Welcome to you, Keebler -- another NC person!! :seeya:

Clancy Talbot on Dr Drew says she called the police the day after she found out at 1am about Travis being murdered about JA.

Claims JA was "always unusual". Showed up in Utah with a long sleeved shirt on and it was very hot. Acted like her normal "strange" self. She always worked her way into events that she wasn't qualified for and didn't try to go to one the next day in Utah but rather said she had to get back to work, which CT thought was strange.

CT says she always got a creepy feeling from JA.

She will elaborate on the washroom incident later.

I thought it was interesting that most of Travis' friends who came in contact with JA were physically repulsed by something about her. They literally had a physical reaction to her. That describes coming in contact with evil.

If people want to know what Jodi is inside--just look at the crime scene and Travis' corpse. THAT is what Jodi looks like. Hideous.

Okay call me crazy ... but what if Juan (after all of this general testimony) gets up and says. "I have no questions for this witness". This is assuming that the defense leaves the testimony in those terms (general).

Or, do you even think that the defense will go there and try to apply some of these generalities to JA and Travis's relationship. I kinda have a feeling they might not even go there. Too risky. But I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to courtroom strategy.

G'nite all....getting very sleepy. *hugs* to all you beautiful souls.

I heard Beth K just say there were no questions put in the jar by the jurors today. To tell you the truth, I think they're confused about whether she thinks ja was the victim or the abuser. I know I am:facepalm:

Maybe they're waiting to hear from The Man, our Juan. Maybe they've come to view him as their leader, their Moses who will lead them out of the wilderness after they've wandered lost for 40 years. It is getting pretty close to 40 years by now, isn't it ? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState