trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flipped over to HLN. Do these people grade the defense witnesses just for being present?!? :facepalm:

Most of them thought she was an excellent teacher :what: at $300hr she ought to be. Dr Drew was not impressed, particularly with the "conclusions she drew"- he didn't elaborate. He gave her a C. Judge Karen said although her testimony was completely irrelevant to this particular case, she would give her a B for style...

I think I barely get away with the acronym, spelling it out would be bad.

You know, I forgot one of the essential things about "the schism" I got involved in. The people who I consider sort of con artists cloaking themselves in social justice rather than making rational arguments, they try to play victim. One in particular has made a career, even given speeches at conferences about the "threats" (actually, people saying mean things to her on YouTube) she gets.

Sound familiar? I don't expect anyone to understand what I am talking about, but there are parallels that I began noticing when Arias used the phrase "trigger" on cross, as in "that triggers my brain scramble". A "trigger" is one of those recovery movement buzz words. The woman has spent four years getting expert advice on how to push those buttons.

In one video, I made the analogy that these people claim to be harassed and stalked when they are the ones doing the harassing and stalking like a dog rolls in poo and dead things to hide their smell from prey.

Isn't that the Jodi Arias defense in a nutshell, a long, boring attempt to portray her as a victim, when she was the one doing the stalking, the manipulating and ultimately the killing, so as to try to hide from the jury what she is.

A failed attempt, I hope.

And the psycho-babbling, Domestic Violence Industry witnesses are just doing what they do not because they believe in Arias, but because they are nearly cult automatons.

It's sick, really.

I agree that it has nothing to do with them believing in Arias. I think it has more to do with them believing they'd like a big paycheck.

Side note: I laughed out loud at your comment about not feeling like you should have to protect women from dick jokes. :floorlaugh: One might learn a few new ones from the lovely ladies here. :rocker:

Hah! Apparently Americans are hooked on all things Australian. From hair care products to wine....and now pain creams. If it says Australian, we'll buy it. I, for one, wish I could afford to visit your magical country!

You seem to have left out one important Australian thing. Can you guess what that was? :snooty:

I just woke up. I'm not feeling well again. Is there any reason I should watch the afternoon session?

Not in my skanky opinion! It was basically more of the same, general terms, irrelevant examples. :)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Important Question!!

Christie Paul just told Dr. Drew that Alice has never interviewed Jodi, is that true?

I was molested by my step-dad when I was 5. I married a man who beat me so bad I was in the hospital 6 weeks recovering. I then married another loser who turned out to be a REAL pedophile. ( he taped the act, I found the tape) I was going to shoot him, then call the police, but I didn't. He was arrested and sentenced to 17 years in prison. I have NEVER kicked a dog. Hit my mother or killed ANYTHING because I was abused. The more I watch this BI*CH, the angrier I get. How dare she act like a "victim". She is one sick puppy. thanks...I guess I just had to vent.

:wagon:

Welcome, and big hugs for what you had to endure.

yep, that's pretty much it, 4Jacy. Somehow it has struck a few nerves around here -- they don't necessarily agree. Gee Willikers, Lassie! :what: Maybe these disagree-ers are living in the 21st Century and know better from personal experience. It's possible.
icon9.gif

Not all people who grew up with abuse turned out like Jodi. Ya think?!
icon8.gif

JMHO

Thank you. I will never believe Travis was an abuser, that's just lies from a "lier that lies." I trust NOTHING that comes out of her mouth!

Can you imagine the "trip" she's on, knowing all this attention, internet and AZ tax money is being spent on HER. The SL_T must be loving it!!

I'm just a pleb at bottom & when my satellite receiver fried yesterday, my spirits went into the basement. FedEx dropped off a new one this morning and I'm overjoyed to reconnect with all the crime reporters on t.v. Live trial coverage via the web just wasn't enough, although I'm grateful to have it. It is when the day ends that I enjoy relaxing and viewing the shows that Websleuths make fun of. Just another way to saturate myself with this disturbing case. Like this great forum.

I have a question for court observers. I keep hearing from people who knew Jodi that she had an eerie presence they could feel about her. Can any of you tell if any of the jurors are feeling like that? Are any of you? Have you heard any of the observers mention anything about it?
Guess that's more than one question, but same topic.
I just heard Clancy mention it again on DD.

Oh no! I thought she practiced in AZ. So she was only licensed in CA and that was revoked/ cancelled? :what:

She has a license! I know she wold not be allowed to be on the stand if it was revoked 21 years ago!

This is malarky...
moo

I just woke up. I'm not feeling well again. Is there any reason I should watch the afternoon session?

You didn't miss much Steely. Just a lot of the witness talking in general terms about cases that have nothing to do with this trial (blah, blah, blah it went on and on). People got pretty tense when Wilmott started questioning her on a hypothetical situation where she was obviously asking about a scenario much like TA's rough childhood, and would that breed an abuser. Peeps were pizzed over that. A sneaky way of the DT trying to tie what she's talking about to this case.

I have a question for court observers. I keep hearing from people who knew Jodi that she had an eerie presence they could feel about her. Can any of you tell if any of the jurors are feeling like that? Are any of you? Have you heard any of the observers mention anything about it?
Guess that's more than one question, but same topic.
I just heard Clancy mention it again on DD.

I think jurors have felt that ...ESP those close to her who rarely eve looked at her all,those days on the stand.

You're kidding ,right? :floorlaugh:
Some WS'ers could only watch with a stiff drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member