trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, was just watching a older episode of friends and Joey spied a Huge bar of Toblerone.
K--%5CChildren%5CMarketingandPublicity%5CMykindabook%5CChristmas_pieces%5CAdvent_blogs%5Ctoblerone-and-joey-tribbiani-gallery.jpg

What is the reason why they wake up inmates between 3-4am on days of the trial... If trial does not start till 10:30 am?

Torture? :)

Ray Krone mentioned in an interview the same thing happened to him while he was standing trial, facing the DP.

So a computer forensics named Robert Brown is on the Def or State list?

There is more dirt to be dug up!

Rest easy....the princess is getting special treatment. HLN just did a report with JC. Jodi is getting more than 2600 calories a day. The jail is dividing her breakfast for her (too stressful for her to do herself, I guess) So....not to worry. Mean Sheriff Joe is looking after the needs of Jodi. Oh! And JC managed to get a dig in against JM. A twofer!!

2600 calories/day is on the high end of recommended daily caloric intake.
So divide her morning platter of food up - and send her to court with a sack lunch consisting of part of her daily food.
***just make sure the jail deputies are the ones handling & distributing the sack lunch. I don't trust JA one iota - that she might try to write super-secret-squirrel coded messages on the paper bag or on a banana skin***

edit to add source of calorie info.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/360444-daily-recommended-caloric-intake-for-women/
Below is recommended daily caloric intake (for women).
Even the top #'s of calories (which are for ACTIVE women) are lower than the
2600 calories JA is fed each day.
RECOMMENDATIONS
The number of calories a woman needs daily varies according to age. Younger women generally need more calories than older women, as they tend to have more muscle mass and be more active. A woman aged 19 to 30 years needs
between 2,000 and 2,400 calories daily. A woman aged 31 to 50 years needs 1,800 to 2,200 calories daily. Women over age 51 need 1,600 to 2,200 calories daily.
ACTIVITY LEVEL
If you are inactive, you should consume less than the recommended daily calorie consumption. Active women, defined as those that perform physical activity equivalent to 1.5 to 3 miles of brisk walking per day, should aim for the middle of the calorie range. Very active women, those who move the equivalent of 3 miles or more daily, should aim for the highest end of the range.

I never checked back yesterday to get an answer, but can someone give me a brief explanation of JA's "nervous breakdown", supposedly? TIA

She described to Det Flores a crying episode she had with Darryl. ppffttttttt no nervous breakdown!!

So a computer forensics named Robert Brown is on the Def or State list?

There is more dirt to be dug up!

Oh I'd put my money on him being a state's witness for sure! Nothing Jodi did via computer is going to help her out one bit.

Haha, was just watching a older episode of friends and Joey spied a Huge bar of Toblerone.
K--%5CChildren%5CMarketingandPublicity%5CMykindabook%5CChristmas_pieces%5CAdvent_blogs%5Ctoblerone-and-joey-tribbiani-gallery.jpg

I had never heard of Toblerone until I saw this episode. So now any time it's mentioned I think of Friends. :floorlaugh:

Just want to say thank you to those who made me feel welcome. :tyou: My first post was a :doh::giggle: but it can only get better from here.

Attachments

• ilEFvIcttmp0K.gif
    ilEFvIcttmp0K.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I always thought that she wanted to photograph her murder. Do you think she had duct taped the weapons under the bathroom sink?

She could have, or she might have had them with her in a large purse or backpack. I wondered if a large chef's knife (~ 16") would fit it any of my purses and discovered it would fit in quite a few.

Also, since it seems like he was working downstairs, had just assembled the floor cleaner that day according to his roommate, and put the furniture up on the couch to get ready to clean the downstairs tile floor, wouldn't she have had to coax him upstairs somehow? Time was running very short to get it done and get out of there by six.

That's what I can't figure out. How did she get him to go upstairs? With a gun at his back? Or was she able to persuade him to do it voluntarily, with the Calvin Klein photo ruse? She made many blunders but was devilishly cunning. :furious:

Greetings all. I don't get to visit here too much but I sure appreciate all the information and opinions from the expert WS'ers.

I'm wondering two things.

How long as the legal process been in effect in Arizona that allows jurors to ask questions of the witnesses? It seems like a great idea in theory, but many of the questions seems to repeat what the attorneys have asked, or seem to be a way for some jurors to get it little digs to the witness (i.e., the "what is a *advertiser censored*" and "PTSD/bad haircut" questions).

Is it too late for Jodi to cop a plea for 1st degree, if the State takes the DP off the table? Do you think JM would accept that if it were offered?

It seems like about 5 years? Maybe longer.

Most judges will allow "repeat" questions from jurors if the witness has been on the stand for a long time or the testimony was confusing. I have no problem with that.

Most judges will not allow over-the-top sarcastic or silly questions, and frankly most jurors take their jobs seriously enough not to ask them, even if the witnesses (as in this case) arguably deserve them. ;)

It's never too late to request an agreement. I think Juan would seriously consider a FIRST degree deal. He rejected the SECOND degree deal that was offered, of course.

AZ, you can see the document on the computers there so I don't even have to ask to see it or obtain an actual copy. I really wish Maricopa would just make the same thing available on the internet, even if for a fee like other courts do, since they already have the .pdf scanned into their own system and available to the public. Maybe they will someday :::sigh:::

Good point. I've never looked at anything on the computers. Nice, though, that you don't have to annoy the clerks in person any more. :)

Greetings all. I don't get to visit here too much but I sure appreciate all the information and opinions from the expert WS'ers.

I'm wondering two things.

How long as the legal process been in effect in Arizona that allows jurors to ask questions of the witnesses? It seems like a great idea in theory, but many of the questions seems to repeat what the attorneys have asked, or seem to be a way for some jurors to get it little digs to the witness (i.e., the "what is a *advertiser censored*" and "PTSD/bad haircut" questions).

Is it too late for Jodi to cop a plea for 1st degree, if the State takes the DP off the table? Do you think JM would accept that if it were offered?

I can't answer your question about juror questions but as to the plea Q, NO WAY would JM take death off the table. (1) He has no incentive to do so, he has proven 1st degree muder, (2) TA's family would never accept the offer, the desire of the family usually factors in to these decisions

I agree. Putting aside what I personally feel about the murderess - she has not been convicted yet. She should not have to ask sherrif Joe if she can have a power bar if she's already been up since 3:00 AM. Think about it - she's already been up 7.5 hours before court even starts at 10:30 AM! Personally, I have no idea what she eats during those 7.5 hours before court starts.

Then 1.5 hours later (total of 9 hours) she gets Lord knows what for lunch. It was my understanding she wasn't getting anything for a long while until the DT complained.

From 1:30 - 4:30, she essentially gets nothing but water. Add the trip back to the jail (not sure how long that takes), processing, and back to her cell, she may not eat until 6:30 - 7:00. That's if food is still available to her.

That kind of schedule is not healthy for anyone. Day in, day out, it could have consequences on the mind and body. IMHO - it's ridiculous. It may seem natural to those who are in their cells all day, and can load up on jailhouse snacks -- but a trial is completely different.

NO - I don't like Jodi. I think she's a twisted and evil monster. However, I also don't want this trial to go down the tubes because the defendant is ill, ends up in the hospital, or Lord knows what.

So throw her a bucket of trail mix in her holding cell (dried fruit and protein from the peanuts go a long way), along with more water.

If Sherrif Joe wants to keep this up, it could be the downfall of this trial in the end.

Just my opinion - please don't throw tomatoes at me.

MOO

Mel

BBM

Good post. You said it well.

I hope this "food issue" does not cause an appeal where she can get a new trial. Going 9 hours between meals is crazy. No wonder she is getting headaches late in the day. Try going that long without food and dealing with a stressful trial day in and day out. I read where one attorney is filing a complaint against the jail because he thinks his client did not receive a fair trial due to lack of food during the trial. I don't think any of us on here wants to see her get another trial.

I do not like Jodi and I hope she is convicted and sentenced to death. She is a monster and should never be released. However, if you take her out of the equation, how would you feel if your mother/sister/brother was treated this way during a death penalty trial? Or if they were innocent and thrown in this jail awaiting trial?

Can anyone tell me what happened at today's hearing? Just a synopsis will do. Thanks

Btw All...

I don't really mean to do these "drive by postings" like I have today just...

Well I've been a little lax on the chores lately (too much trial watchin)...
I got a call from my let's just say OCD Cousin over weekend sayin' on the road may be landing at my house this weekend..
Last night got call that clarified weekend would be TOMORROW Thurs evening!!
My house is not say contender for an episode of Hoarders or anything but...

When I say OCD I'd bet she'd come into a real OCDs house open pantry and say..
"Oh see you have all your canned goods in alphabetical order split by fruits, vegis, soups & sauces but tsk tsk guess you didn't have time to line them up by ascending expiration dates huh?"

So I'm poppin' on & off while dusting shelves, washing rugs etc! :floorlaugh:

A dear friend's son found himself in Sheriff Joe's tent jail, pink underwear and all. He worked in the fields and ate what he was given. He will tell anyone this was the Best thing that ever happened to him. He went on to college and is now a respected member of the community and his church and he volunteers with youth groups. Had he not wound up at Tent City he would probably be in prison now and forever.

I don't eat 2600 calories a day..if I did I would be a chunky monkey. I am short and thin...5'1, 107lbs. I believe she is purposely trying to lose weight. She want to look as fragile as possible.... she pulled Travis's body nearly 12 ft and shoved him in the shower. IMO she wants people to look at her and think this frail little thing couldn't possibly do this!! I HOPE Mr. Martinez makes sure the jury sees her as she was....blond and buff and about 20 lbs heavier. One of DD jury members just said last night that JA was much tinier than she thought she was. JMO

I too believe she has tried to lose weight to look like she was too tiny to have done this butcher, but comparing what JA looks like in the head standing video in jail conference room with hand cuffs and her talking with was it dateline or somebody when she had the brownish hair. Her face was much chubbier too.

When I was 27 years old I weighed 135 and was 5'9" tall and in this headstand video, she looked much chunkier in the butt and thighs than I did, so based on that, she has lost lots of weight.

I don't normally post my speculations about the trial--some of them are outlandish--but here is my crazy theory for today. JA got a migraine because of the new witness list. I am with other posters thinking that Matt McCartney may have decided to finally do the right thing and testify for the state. If this crazy thing would happen, she would be sunk.

I know that he is on the defense witness list--but I am guessing they won't call him since he has been less than cooperative and they can't count on what is testimony would be. In the real world if a person is on a defense witness list can they switch sides?

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MATT MC CARTNEY TESTIFY! :pillowfight:

Just want to say thank you to those who made me feel welcome. :tyou: My first post was a :doh::giggle: but it can only get better from here.

I remember when I started following trials I felt like I was intruding if I posted since I was "new", and then posting and being ignored because I wasn't a regular! I know how you feel.

Post here without worry or hesitation! I've found the people on this board so much nicer than other's I've visited to over the years. There may always be someone who disagrees with you, but most of the time we're like-minded - besides it's good to hear different points of view!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo