DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol 65 million copies of 50 Shades of Grey sold
that does not count audible.com!
lots of deviants around I guess!

Is it bad if I say that I was not shocked by that series at all? :blushing:

I was sort of disappointed. I thought it would be WAAAY kinkier! But then I thought, "yay"! I already have "my" Christian Grey only without the damage......and without the money.......but I'm still really lucky....

With this delay I am certain it means Juan Martinez won't have the opportunity for a cross-examination until next week.

How ironic.

MOO

I heard that the lady (forgot her name) who is testifying for the defense right now is not going to tie Travis into her scenario. She is basically just giving the jury a lecture on Domestic Violence.

Was TA a sexual deviant? I am seriously considering blocking the entire channel! I don't watch it during the day anymore anyway. And the nighttime shows are becoming too tabloid-ish for me. This After Dark thing is just WAY over the top! :twocents:

It's bad enough that JA and the defense are victimizing him but now the media?? Really? Do we have no morals, no civility left on this world?

HA!! Just had a jailer on HLN. She gets a sack at SEVEN AM, and the rest of her lunch sacked up to take with her!!!
NO EXCUSES!!

*crickets"

I'm fairly new....should I have posted this somewhere else?

Oh sorry! I was venting about HLN After Dark! JW will get a re-direct, then the jury questions, then JW re-re-direct, then JM again, etc. just like with Dr. Samuels.

I think that's right. It's quite confusing! :facepalm:

I tweeted my feelings on that subject to HLN & Vinnie. :furious:

Thanks! I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take you're word for it. They seem to have some weird jury pool, no one has said where they come from. I have my own opinion as to where, but don't want a TO . :)

Is it bad if I say that I was not shocked by that series at all? :blushing:

I was sort of disappointed. I thought it would be WAAAY kinkier! But then I thought, "yay"! I already have "my" Christian Grey only without the damage......and without the money.......but I'm still really lucky....

Freak! ;) :great:

REASONABLE doubt is not the same as no doubt.:moo:

Yes, Negative!! This doubt thing is a real sticky wicket, IMO.

It's a shame, during the charge to the jury, right before they first go in that room to deliberate, that the judge cannot stand up in front of the jury and shout to them what you just stated above.

Circumstantial evidence, which includes testimony and visual evidence, is built brick by brick. It is not a linear thread such that if one or more parts of that string/piece of evidence is/are removed because they are believed to be false, it causes the string to be broken, thus too faulty to do the job.

It is more like building a wall of bricks --- one or two or 5 bricks may be removed because they are seen to be false, but the many more bricks remaining in that wall are still enuff to support the wall/verdict.

This "reasonable doubt" concept seems to throw some jurors, and in the charge to the jury no examples are ever given that I've ever heard/seen. I guess it's not supposed to be done, and it drives me crazy. Every time.

here ends the "school-teachery" mini-rant

I used to wake up everyday at 4:00 so I could catch my 5:00 bus so I could make my 7:00 pharmacy tech classes which lasted to 12. I would then have to run home on the bus, have half an hour to relax then go to work from 3:00 to 10:30-11:00. So Jodi will understand if she gets no sympathy out of me, at least.

What a putz.

Yes and that exhausted you right? Even without being on trial for your life and going against JM for so many days? :p

No need to give her your sympatchy, but if you don't want grounds for appeal, it would be good to not make her go through her death penalty trial on no sleep and no food the entire day. She cannot control her reaction to that schedule any mpre than we can. Go a day without food and sleep and any one of us would be irritable, have a headache, and a hard time concentrating.

Meh, I couldn't watch tee vee if'n I wanted to. My cable is out. (AHHHH-gain). And the guy is coming.....tomorrow......between 1 and 3.....central time.

Oh, joy.

The pedophilia lie exposes Jodi as the worst kind of woman, willing to stoop to any level to devalue Travis. Once the jury realised it was a lie, this trial was over, now they realise she will say anything, and that the defence team will present it for her they know exactly what they're looking at and the effect is gone. If I was Willmott I'd be getting this over and done with as fast as possible, surely she can feel the awkwardness of the failing argument in the courthouse.

What I don't understand is this story change, from pictures on the computer to pictures falling chaoticAlly off the bed.

Number one, I am confused because people keep saying that ALV never spoke to the killer, so how did this story change take place?

And 2, if that story change really happened, then why is ALV taking the stand in the killer's defense?

Sounds exactly like the description of the psych hospital where I work....sans educational opportunities.

Prisons are supposed to be a place of rehabilitation in a lot of aspects. If we expect people to not go back then they obviously need things to help them function in the real world. You can't have someone in prison for, say, 15 years and then at the end of their sentence get put on the street with no real skills of how to function outside of prison. I have no problems with people having a religion or having a chance to educate themselves or having a chance to actually change themselves through thereupeutic programs. Earning a bit of money through jobs in a prison teaches work ethics....learning that you have to behave a certain way and not act up in order to get minor privileges teaches valuable life skills that likely they didn't have in the first place.

I don't have problems with a certain amount of recreation because it can be a dangerous dangerous thing to house a bunch of people up together constantly together and no way to safely blow off steam. No way to safely blow off steam makes an already dangerous job for CO's even more dangerous. Idle minds can make big trouble so if there aren't things like games they will come up with a lot more dangerous things to occupy some of their time.

Not everyone views prison as a learning experience....yes many work the system and many don't take responsibility for their actions or don't want to work on themselves. Not every person who has been in the prison system is like that though. If someone wants social change, people need at least to be given help or opportunities to do so while incarcerated. Things like this aren't a "Club Med" atmosphere. There is no need to go overboard with bare minimums with regards to food, recreation, etc. but just because prisons have these things does not mean it can be compared to a trip to Passages Malibu.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree with you...

I do believe the population that can not be rehabilitated ( that prey on children )... Should be simply warehoused humanely for the rest of their lives.

Death row inmates ... The same.

Both populations should have access to rope and a chair;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the state is planning to call Matt, 2 ex girlfriends, samuels???? I'm sorry if i have trouble following along. I'm in a fog.

I worked for the state for 2 yrs. when I lived in Fl. I thought I understood the court system until I started to read Arizona's statutes, and watch this trial. I would probably have to go back to collage if I ever decided to work there.

I refuse to watch it at all after Jose and the "to scale" model...

It's complete and total bull sheet for ratings and I refuse to waste my time. I feel that show in particular .., is like a giant vulture feeding off Travis's bones. It's appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go, Linda! Glad I didn't watch tonight!

*crickets"

I'm fairly new....should I have posted this somewhere else?

So sorry. The thread moves fast! There is not a list of witnesses that I am aware of made public. HTH

What I don't understand is this story change, from pictures on the computer to pictures falling chaoticAlly off the bed.

Number one, I am confused because people keep saying that ALV never spoke to the killer, so how did this story change take place?

And 2, if that story change really happened, then why is ALV taking the stand in the killer's defense?

You aren't the only one confused about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member