trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a lunch break. She gets the same amount of food everyday and has been since the trial started. It is up to her to pack up what she plans to take with her. It is totally up to Jodi. NG covered that while she was at the jail reporting on their procedures during one of her shows. The only way the jail is not feeding her is if she leaves for court before breakfast. I would imagine that is why she has to get up so early in order to eat, get her things ready to bring to court and get transported. It's a jail. She can't just walk out. I would imagine there are sign out sheets and paperwork to be filled out prior to her leaving which would take time. jmo

1. Please provide a citation for "Jodi is allowed/supposed to pack her own lunches up every day." I have never heard anything about allowing a prisoner to pack their own lunches for court. They never even get lunch at her jail.

2. Same amount of food, spread over a greater amount of time. You can eat 10 pounds of sausage at 5am, ot won't do you much good throughout the next 24 hours...

I also think while the family may want the trial to end sooner than later, they probably need a break too.

Jumping in here after reading all the debate regarding the court's schedule this week.

Considering the inside court watchers talking about how tired the jurors are acting, I think it may be a good thing to have a 4 1/2 day break for the jurors to get a break and rejuvenate themselves with their famililes and no Jodi. We don't want them checking out on us now. Let them rest and come back on Tuesday ready to go.

Yeah, but I just read on KCL's thread that some on the jury were very upset about this. I imagine they don't want breaks. They just want to get this show on the road and deliberate.

Ummm.....whats a "Whataburger"? And why do I now want one? :biggrin:....I live in the boonies....even Mcdonalds is 40 miles away...,

Oh man! They are greasy, disgusting yet nommie fast food burgers. Your tummy will punish you later, but every so often, it's worth it.

Closest I can compare is either the Varsity in ATL, or In and Out. Maybe Steak and Shake?

Think grease.

Man, I hate when my posts get deleted.

But, I guess that's what I get for having a smart mouth, apparently breaking TOS, and then going off to have deviant times with my husband. :sigh:

Her boyfriend was rude to her.

What??? That bstrd!
Then along comes TA and he won't take her to Cancun.
Then Det. Flores won't let her put on makeup for her mugshot!

She keeps being abused yet keeps coming back for more! A common problem with victims of abuse. It's sad. Life is so unfair, especially for someone like Jodi who, as we have seen, has a very big, uh... heart.

Oh man! They are greasy, disgusting yet nommie fast food burgers. Your tummy will punish you later, but every so often, it's worth it.

Closest I can compare is either the Varsity in ATL, or In and Out. Maybe Steak and Shake?

Think grease.

Greasiest burger ever. Only fast food place I cannot stomach! lol...

I also think while the family may want the trial to end sooner than later, they probably need a break too.

Didn't someone tweet that the jurors made audible noises (lol) a few weeks ago when they asked to go back to the jury room?

No way that the jurors were glad to have a day off yesterday. They already have a long weekend coming up! They didn't need another! I'm sure they are anxious for this trial to be done and over with. I know I would be.

And yes, the family must be really anxious for this trial to get over. :(

She is being fed. Probably better than many people who aren't in prison. She also gets better medical care than your average joe. All this carp about the food is baloney. She gets her breakfast, lunch and dinner. Maybe not what she wants when she wants it but, she is being fed.

moo

Well IMO she looks awful. She was scrawny when the case began.... And she's getting more so every day. Whatever they're feeding her, it isn't enough. If she's anorexic .., tube feed her... She needs treatment so we can get her convicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant believe there is so much snark about whether she's eating or not. The judge looked into her getting something to eat and court ends early so that she's back in time for dinner. She has access to canteen from her $$$ she makes selling artwork from jail. Jodi is fine.

So the jail only allows breakfast and dinner, strictly what they serve, but allows Jodi to pack up her own little lunches and she just chooses not to? Huh? Where is this coming from?

It comes from the jail. They get 2600 calories a day in meals. They get their breakfast which consists of normal breakfast foods, bread, peanut butter and three fruits, such as an apple, orange, etc. The bread, peanut butter and some of the fruit is for their lunch which they can eat at anytime except if they are in court where they are limited to the court scheduled lunch recess. They get the same thing everyday without fail. Their dinners consist of soy based stew, vegetable, roll, etc. This is a lot of food. She obviously is not eating but it could be because she wants attention, or maybe she is just too stressed to eat. But there is plenty of food available for her to eat. She just has to eat it.

Man, I hate when my posts get deleted.

But, I guess that's what I get for having a smart mouth, apparently breaking TOS, and then going off to have deviant times with my husband. :sigh:

Smart mouth and defiant with the husband eh? Might I suggest booking an appointment with the Defense Expert? She works with abusers. :floorlaugh:

Yeah, but I just read on KCL's thread that some on the jury were very upset about this. I imagine they don't want breaks. They just want to get this show on the road and deliberate.

I read that too. I'm torn about it honestly. I really think it would do the jurors good to have a little down time, but I'm not in their shoes.

Think grease.

Ahhh a doubledouble at in and out I can relate to---back when I lived in civilization!
nomnomnom.....

1. Please provide a citation for "Jodi is allowed/supposed to pack her own lunches up every day." I have never heard anything about allowing a prisoner to pack their own lunches for court. They never even get lunch at her jail.

2. Same amount of food, spread over a greater amount of time. You can eat 10 pounds of sausage at 5am, ot won't do you much good throughout the next 24 hours...

Well, if she hadn't murdered one Travis Victor Alexander, she wouldn't have to worry about when she gets her food and what she eats.

Decisions, decisions....

She is transported to court handcuffed to two other prisoners. How on earth is she supposed to carry a sack lunch with her?

In her teeth?

Seriously, I'm sure they have a means for her to get her lunch to the courthouse on time. The theatrics today had nothing to do with her eating or her headaches. And her little "dizzy spell" yesterday with the the protein bar was an act too. These are more of the DT's minipulative stalling tactics IMO. Last ditch efforts to turn the case in her favor. They didn't want to give the prosecution the last word before the weekend, AND/OR they're trying to pull out all the stops to make the jury somehow sympathize with her.

This show is all about her in her eyes, and she'll make sure it remains that way right to the end (if we ever get there).

I don't have sympathy for her. I just want her treated humanely. Not even because she deserves it. She doesn't. She's barely human. I believe if we as a society inprison someone, we have to feed them! I want to protect her rights because I want the truly innocent to have rights too. I happen to like our justice system and the constitution .. How we treat Jodi .... Is a reflection of us.

Ok I'll reword. Some here are hyper sensitive if you feel Jodi should be treated humanely.

Maybe it's because there was no court today, but I've noticed a lot of posters jumping on other posters just because they hold a different or "unpopular" point of view. It's tough to say though because you can't always tell someone's tone.

Smart mouth and defiant with the husband eh? Might I suggest booking an appointment with the Defense Expert? She works with abusers. :floorlaugh:

Miss La Violette?? Where are you? I neeeed yooouuuu!!!! I feeeeeel bad!

I would also like proof she has access to the commissary at the end of a court day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member