trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my ideal world "experts" woudl be hired and administered by the courts so they would have no idea which side they were working for. They'd be given a list of objectives & questions (with some dummy ones thrown in so as not to tip the hat on which side wanted them) and their opinions would be binding.

Attorneys to risk dis-barment if they tell their client which witness is supposed to be on their side or anything like that. So, you know, Jodi wouldn't know who to tell what lie to.

Attorneys have zero personal contact wiht the witnesses, written only.

I'd love to see how some of these case turned out if the witnesses were being paid by the court.

Just an idea/dream

Exactly! Since when does a fair trial = lying and/or manipulating the facts. Their objective should be to simply evaluate not try to help someone beat the charges.

I think the Arias lie to ALaV regarding pedophilia she found on Trav's p.c. completely undermines her later proffered correction. She is supposedly horrifed & traumatised by what she saw as the photo on paper came off the bed and "in that chaotic way that paper falls" lands face up. She is smiling as her hands flutter, demonstrating. What's with the poesy portrayal? Sounds like a script writer creating a scene, not the memory of someone in shock at what she saw. That testimony always backed me up hard. Conspicuously counterfeit. We learn from the body language experts and profilers that emotional memories produce emotions that correspond on recall of the experience at the moment of retelling. We have to assess these discoveries as two more critical lies the defendant tells. Two lies do not make a truth.

You are so right.

Liars make the mistake of giving too much detail. They mistakenly think by doing so they are more credible, but the opposite is true.

People do not remember tiny meaningless details like that - those are the embellishments of someone spinning a tale and are usually a sure sign of deceit.

There is a similarity with her proposed nervous breakdown with Daryl, she told Det. F. that she was hyperventilating and when Doc Samuels was on the stand he said when she came to in Travis' bathroom she was hyperventilating. Here are the similarities that she so often winds into the story as being partly true or taking a true incident from the past and weaving it into the future.

We are having Tsunami warning tests every 5 min. on the TV, plus commercials. But did just here cancelled for today. JA was dizzy yesterday so she may be ill.

Soooo... Travis's family is all there... And the decision for no trial today is made at the LAST MINUTE?!?!

This poor family!!!

they get NO respect!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well now y'all can check out my thread in the News that makes you smile forum. :great:

Well, tomorrow is only part day starting 9 or 9:30.

The poor Alexander family.

:(
fran

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 47s
Court has been cancelled today. Sorry yall. We will start up again tomorrow at 9:30 am #JodiArias

But, but, but this means I'll have to go back to my regular boring life! Jeeeez. Think I'll check out the pets thread.

Exactly! Boy, the more film footage of this wit...woman that is released the clearer it becomes to see her true personality slip through.

That portion of the interrogation tape recently released when she asks to go to the restroom and Flores says he'll get someone to take her and she gets pissy that she will now have to be handcuffed wherever she goes and she says in the snottiest tone-"I'm not violent"... "Its not like I'm gonna run" (or try to escape- something to that effect)... "this is Yreka"!

What a little biotch! Even under her circumstances- you really see what a little psychopath she is. She has been arrested for first degree murder and is pulling the attitude she is with a seasoned detective. I wish someone would beat the crap out of her in jail- I really do, and I HATE to say that!

Don't forget Frigga she said "I'M NOT A MURDERER"..

Ya know she's right.. she's not just a murderer she's a self centered, lying, manipulative, sociopathic murderer!

*sigh. I got tweets that both sides were in court, ALV was in court....and NOW no court??!! *cue circus music
[video=youtube;1D5Sa2Yq-2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g[/video]

Oh lordy, here in N'Awlins, people actually say "I gotta make groceries" rather than say "I'm going grocery shopping".

It always cracks me up to hear terms and words that are unique to a place. I remember living in Alaska and when I first got there i met a lady who told me she hadn't been outside in 10 years.I was stunned at the thought of being indoors for 10 years. But "outside" means outside of Alaska, apparently.

Here in NC we say 'carry' too. And we say 'put up' which means putting away. Another thing, instead of saying someone has diabetes we say they have the sugar.

I only know these are strange sayings as my Northern relatives tell me so! And we still say breakfast dinner and supper.

I get annoyed with the seeming inability of some people to distinguish between "reasonable" doubt and "possible" doubt. One of the *other* reasons I had to stop watching HLN. If one more person in their phoney baloney jury said "weeeellll...it's *possible!* my head would have blown clean off of my shoulders.

Yep! I get anoyed with UNreasonable doubt, where some won't be satisfied with anything less than a video of the crime being committed. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper