trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you! it bugs me because then when she's asked it Travis called her names, she says yes and among other names she says *advertiser censored* is one of the names he called her and that is twisting things (surprise surprise)

Agree. She's putting someone else's words into his mouth, all in her desperate attempt to make him into the abusive villain.

:mad:

MOO

I'm having a hard time accepting that the police didn't think fibers at a crime scene aren't important.

Because they take Pics of EVERYTHING at a crime scene! God forbid a crime ever happens at my house...."oh my God there's a 6" piece of yarn next to the couch!" (I knit...and don't usually anticipate crime scene photos being taken at my house....right?)

The cops who took photos, took photos of everything at Travis's house....they hadn't heard any testimony about being tied up when they were doing the initial Pics....can you imagine all the pictures we aren't seeing...? Dustbunnies...a cheerios in the cornet of the kitchen....dog hair stuck to the molding...?

Moo

<br />
<br />
LUV this--my hubby says "there's a spatter on the wall"--I say paint or grease spatter--he says "spatter" &amp; wiggles his fingers to signal "spider".<br />
<br />
He asks "where's the ladder"--I say we don't own one--he flips his thumb to signal "lighter" for the "farplace" (fireplace).<br />
<br />
But the BEST was when he asked the grocery manager, "where do keep your a$$"--the guy just gave him the weirdest look--no signal for this one! He had to enunciate--LOL!! It's so darling, but he thinks I'm laughing at him.:blushing:

Ok you two...Ah am from Tn and Ah buhlieeve mahself to say "ice" and "five" and "haiuh" (hair) exseterah (etc) in mah bestest "nawrththun" (northern) axccent! "Giggling as I run off ova yonder"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL I get your husband's pain. :great:

I moved up north to attend college (from southern AR). I met my husband (city through and through) and told him my maiden name Payne. We got serious right away and a few months later I received an invite from his parents to their anniversary party it was to a Ms. Pine.

I have a question, why is the diary regarded as a legitimate source? I mean, she had a lot of time in prison to fake entries.

You have to wonder if Jodi knew about the friends of Travis who claim he told them shortly before he died that if he did not show up at church one day that they should check on him because he probably would be dead before she put in her self defense plea. This does not sound like a person who just happens to have a gun lying around that Jodi knew about and decided to bring a very sharp knife into the bedroom to cut a rope when scissors would have worked just as well. Does it???? And if he did have the gun and he knew she was aware of where he kept it why would he have gone after her knowing she grabbed the gun???? Then try to attack her when he clearly sees the gun?

Based on his expressed fear to his friends when he said he was not kidding it sounds very improbable Travis would not have reacted the way Jodi claims he did. He also made a comment about hoping not to be "dating an axe murderer." Travis had some realized fears. We have all seen the look in Jodi's eyes when she is confronted with something she feels she can't control. There is an old saying: "If looks could kill." Some days Jodi has that look. jmo

Because they take Pics of EVERYTHING at a crime scene! God forbid a crime ever happens at my house...."oh my God there's a 6" piece of yarn next to the couch!" (I knit...and don't usually anticipate crime scene photos being taken at my house....right?)

The cops who took photos, took photos of everything at Travis's house....they hadn't heard any testimony about being tied up when they were doing the initial Pics....can you imagine all the pictures we aren't seeing...? Dustbunnies...a cheerios in the cornet of the kitchen....dog hair stuck to the molding...?

Moo

God forbid if they ever take my pc. I will be locked up for life! All from following & researching these trials.

I'm having a hard time accepting that the police didn't think fibers at a crime scene aren't important.

I hear you but they have priorities. This, IMO, is a red herring and the DT is exploiting it. The only person who says there was a rope is JA-----just like she's the only one who says TA had a gun. She's the only person saying these things. The more the DT can get people looking at these small things, the less they're focused on what this case is really about. That benefits them. JMO.

I think the "string" (which is another way it has been described) came from Travis' bedroom flip flops. Check evidence photos: they are laying in the middle of the floor and there is a close up with measuring tag. JM asked the tech about them specifically when going through the crime scene photos.

http://radaronline.com/photos/jodi-...st-important-crime-scene-photos/photo/494859/

Whoa. Really? Those are TA's slippers? No way to say this tactfully, but those things are too girly even for me!

Are they certain those aren't JA's? Didn't she say she still had belonging in the house?

They're not rope, it's braided trim from the decorative pillow on the chair beside Travis' bed, referred to by JM as tassels; a tassel is visible in at least one of the above photos. I believe they also found a small piece on the stairs. They appear no more than 4" long.

StephanieHartPI: WOW, what gorgeous doggie photos!! You are an excellent photographer with a great artistic eye. :star2:

Thanks to the person who posted the latest shower photo montage. To those who didn't believe Travis was aware he was being photographed until he looked over to the camera almost 3 minutes into the 8-minute shower, that montage clearly shows him looking toward the camera earlier than that, at 5:24:45. The picture is dark so most haven't studied it closely, but here's a link:

Not to mention the first two photos were shot with flash, which would have bounced off the glass shower door if it had been closed. That would be my third question to JA, how did she coax him into the shower. :what:

Thanks for the photos in a time format :rocker:
Do you have any ideas to Why some of the photo's have time stamps and the others do not?
Could the camera going through the wash cycle have caused these photos to be out of focus; such as darker to lighter?
Also, the photo at the 5:25:00 mark shows spots?

BBM
What makes you think JA coaxed Travis into taking a shower?
IIRC on cross Juan showed the photos of Travis with a shaved face Prior to entering the shower..
just curious ;)

Apparently someone thought they were important because they were photographed. I bet they were collected, too.

Don't agree. I will leave this now as we can agree/disagree. :seeya:

See, this is what's perplexing. Rope or no rope? Either side could test the fibers against the pillows and slippers to see if they match. The defense could test them to see if they match any known "rope" fibers. I don't think it was truly a rope but more like decorative cording.

This issue could easily be put to rest by either side if they just test the fibers. It could prove an aspect of Jodi's story or prove another lie. But neither side has tested them. WHY NOT?

The question is WHY BOTHER?

they have nothing to do with self defense or premeditation

the whole rope issue is a red-herring

I'm in AZ too. :) I agree. I imagine they feel like they've sacrificed and put so much into this that they'll want to get it right.

Then you know what I mean... We are definitely for the most part still a little rough around the edges..

Why I wouldn't be surprised if after the following sentence is said..
"How do you find the Defendent of 1st Degree Murder?" Answer: "Guilty"...

That someone doesn't say... "Get a Rope!" ;)

See, this is what's perplexing. Rope or no rope? Either side could test the fibers against the pillows and slippers to see if they match. The defense could test them to see if they match any known "rope" fibers. I don't think it was truly a rope but more like decorative cording.

This issue could easily be put to rest by either side if they just test the fibers. It could prove an aspect of Jodi's story or prove another lie. But neither side has tested them. WHY NOT?

Yeah, exactly. That would have been easy enough to prove or disprove. And cheaply.

Why hasn't either side done so?

You don't think the defense would love to prove there was a rope?

ETA: the rope is what puts the knife in the bathroom. It absolutely has something to do with self defense.

While I totally agree that she deserves nothing from a moral standpoint, legally she is entitled to be treated as though she were a person not yet convicted.

But honestly, I care more because I don't want any reason for mistrial and this DT is like a pack of hyenas, just waiting to cry "mistrial!". :(

I don't think the law requires that.

NG's producer Matt always sound so breathlessly excited by every word out of his mouth. Calm down.

But it is easy enough and cheap enough to either show her up on a lie (state) or prove she was telling the truth (defense).

And respectfully, in this case, every scrap of evidence MUST be important. Otherwise JM wouldn't have gone over those gas and wallymart receipts in such detail.

Nothing is a throw-away in this case, IMO.

You don't think the defense would love to prove there was a rope?

Help me understand what significance there is to a rope. IF she was "noosed" behind the headboard, so what? She was a willing partner. It's not as if TA tied her up against her will to "have his way with her". Again, so what?

:gthanks::gthanks:Just wanted to give a shout out to Mr Emu whose act of kindness was awesome.....
Wondering what a an EMU would look like with shorn tail feathers...hmmm....

Seriously though Steely Dan you are an inspiration...thank you ....

All I did is get one haircut. There are people posting there who've donated several times and are teaching their children to do so as well. I just wanted to draw attention to the cause. Since so many of the members here are women I figured there's a lot of long hair out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman