trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got banned from THAT site, for the second time, for responding to a comment made by one of their members. My comment wasn't posted either....of course. They don't know how to think outside the box.

Member ******* says:
March 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm
And now it comes out that close friends of Travis have said that he was abusive to women. How is that for evidence?

And I said: What are the names of those women that have been abused. Will they be called to testify? They certainly should testify. Without a name and a face it’s a hard story to believe. Maybe Sky Hughes lied to Jodi to get her to stay away from Travis because she didn’t like Jodi and thought Jodi was bad for Travis. Ya think??

BBM, what is "that site"? Would like to lurk around, for humor.

I don't see how Skye can clean up what she wrote in her email when she said she wouldn't let her own sister date TA due to the abusive way he treated previous women.

I guess it depends on what she is referring to as abusive...what her standards are. I could conceive that some people with extraordinarily high standards would consider it abusive of a boyfriend not to return texts or calls in a timely manner, or want to hang out with his friends several nights a week, or not open the door for his date, or not bring her flowers now and then. I think abusive might be the wrong term for that kind of guy, maybe thoughtless, inconsiderate, and ungentlemanly. Maybe she considers it abusive to be intimate with a woman that he has no intention of settling down with. I have no idea, just musing. I just don't necessarily think she definitely mean abusive in the way that most people would assume...like hitting, slapping or punching, being nasty or insulting, being manipulative and controlling, etc.

Can't the argument be made that The Hughes emails were embellished to potentially scare off the psycho in order to protect Travis from her?

It could be argued. BUT they have done interviews and it was never mentioned. If I did that for a friend, and he was later murdered, I would have made a point to say that in any interviews. Or even on facebook, up until they were told they couldn't watch the trial, Chris was posting about Jodi, Travis, and the trial.

Forgive me quoting myself but in my many years here, I have NEVER ever posted first on a thread. I couldn't believe it when I came in here and there was no one but me...

lol

That's great, Pink! It ain't easy, izzit?! :great:

:woohoo:

:cheers:

:skip:

:cheer:

:woot:

I understand the feeling -- it becomes a "thing," doesn't it?!

The only times I was ever the first poster was when I created the daily threads several days for a trial a couple of years ago.
icon12.gif

I don't see how Skye can clean up what she wrote in her email when she said she wouldn't let her own sister date TA due to the abusive way he treated previous women.

Some women see young mens 'love 'em and leave 'em' behavior as abusive though... it doesn't take many to get a bad rep as a result.

Hi Curious...I had to stop watching hln after the ca trial...or during it. I tried again for a day with this trial and I had to stop. It was giving me so much negative energy. The only exception is Dr Drew...I just love to hear Mark always fighting for Travis. I would rather watch repeats on the food network cause it keeps me less stressed.

Reading here reminds me of why I wont do hln..except Dr D

Actually in that hearing, after Chris Hughes asked for the 'rest' of the email, and after Juan said something, Nurmi stated that the prosecution didn't want Travis' email to be part of it ( I think it was what was discussed at sidebar). I hope Juan does admit it all, if he can :)

They've been ruled inadmissible.

Just like when Willmott asked her if every child who grows up in abusive houses become abusers.. She said there was no way to know because they can't ask everyone out there. Wouldn't the logical answer be No? Does she not know of one single person who grew up with violence and abuse who didn't inflict violence and abuse as an adult?? Ughhh!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Typically she might not know that because she would not be treating them. Jaycee Dugard must have had amazing coping abilities. One thing Travis did say is when his mother hit him he turned his back because it did not hurt as bad and he thought about good times with his grandfather. That sounds like a child who is trying to cope with the abusive parent. No one can erase what happened to you when something bad happens. It will always be there. Some people are just able to move on and are confident that they will never let someone control their life like that again. Some can't because of what they had to deal with. It depends on the abuse and the person. You just can't fit people into a mold as ALV is trying to do. It does not work that way.

BBM, what is "that site"? Would like to lurk around, for humor.

just google jodi arias is innocent and you will find that ridiculous site. The combined IQ of all the posters would make them ineligible for the DP.

What's up with Arias' left eyelid at times, it droops. She getting ready to lash out? Nurmi better watch out cause she keeps looking over at him, her "Mama Wilma" isn't there to placate her when she's questioning witnesses.

Wonder how far she could make it before they managed to use the shock belt on her? :floorlaugh:

I just got banned from THAT site, for the second time, for responding to a comment made by one of their members. My comment wasn't posted either....of course. They don't know how to think outside the box.

Member ******* says:
March 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm
And now it comes out that close friends of Travis have said that he was abusive to women. How is that for evidence?

And I said: What are the names of those women that have been abused. Will they be called to testify? They certainly should testify. Without a name and a face it’s a hard story to believe. Maybe Sky Hughes lied to Jodi to get her to stay away from Travis because she didn’t like Jodi and thought Jodi was bad for Travis. Ya think??

How'd you get unbanned after the first banning?

Hate to say it, but her quote is probably accurate. Notice the wording, "There is no research that can say..." bet she's right.

She is arguing the difference in research - knowing that lack of interest/research in how/why female perpetrators abuse and the harm, massive cost and ripple affects doesn't mean it's not there or less "bad"... it's just that it's not on anyone's front burner. After this trial, that may start to change.

ALV also grouped forms of violence by women against physical violence by men. To me, that illustrates that she knows darn well that abusive behaviours do not look the same (generally) in men and women. Or she was conflating. Probably both.

ETA: I agree with you, by the way. This type of quote bugs me. She's being very cagey.

Silly AV. Even the most ardent of feminists knows that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. That said, the costs of womens violence would be incalculable. :banghead:

I believe they were plain purple ribbons - a show of support for victims of domestic violence, which when worn by these women, in support of a vile murderess - defiles the whole idea. their ribbons should be sh%$ brown, if you ask me.

TY...I agree. Jodi's lies are a slap in the face to every survivor of domestic violence. You just wait, after she is convicted--and the attention drifts away, the "foggy amnesia" will part and Jodi will have '50 Tales of If I Did It, This Is How I Did It". Sociopaths love attention and love to brag.
Who wants to bet her family will sell Jodi out after the trial to cash in? ....if she is locked up safely.

I read a tweet on twitter a couple days ago that claimed ALV was the 6th DV expert the defense talked to about testifying, all the others wouldn't do it. Anyone know if this is true?

are just two of the descriptors that come to mind about this charlatan. The whole world to her is viewed through the prism she constructed where men are oppressor abusers who deserve whatever befalls them when the meek, passive, unassertive, peaceful woman finally reaches the limit of her tolerance of the constant abuse that has been heaped upon her throughout her entire life because of the unfair system that exists and that men constantly take advantage of.

When listening to someone like her it is essential to remember that "the plural of anecdote is not data".

So ALV is on par with a palm reader or a psychic I guess. She can interpret things, somehow "know" things about people she's never met, based on tiny snippets of their lives because she can compare them with her limited life experience? (Yes her experience is limited - there are tens of millions of relationships, people, and situations - her knowledge is not broad enough to reach reliable conclusions, that's why there is a thing called peer reviewed research).

Worst of all was when she related the story of a kid whose mom killed herself and the family kept watching tv. She said she "knew" a lot about that person based on that one event...really? Does that make any kind of sense? You just "know" how that affected the person as an adult? She "knows" how he dealt with it, what his beliefs about it were?

These kind of things could only be conclusive if everyone reacted the same way to external events. They don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod