trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any info on how JA did in PPL? Did she just go to meetings and events to be around Travis or did she ever try to be successful herself in PPL?

Darryl said that she wasn't earning much money via PPL while still w/him, and Jodi said her return to CA from Mesa was partly due to financial issues. I'm interested in your question about what efforts she'd ever made to better herself, besides finding a successful man foolish enough to marry her, given she didn't earn her GED until jailed.

Just tweeted this - would have included kiefers name but no space...feel free to retweet!

In #jodiarias trial daily. Hv seen JM exit front door ONCE , photo op ONCE. Def team exit same front door daily, no security. Be accurate.

Katiecoolady is my handle...of course.

I was not here at the beginning of the trial. I heard that the DT had accused JM of prosecutor misconduct before. Can you or anyone tell me when and what that was about? I agree they are going to try any trick they can to get a mistrial. They are desperate.
I do not blame Juan for the media clip of him. He was taken by surprise, although I don't think he will be going out the front doors of the courthouse anymore.

Ricki. I didn't follow the trial from day one either. I remember reading about several allegations from Nurmi. I've forgotten what they were about. I'm fogged out! Hopefully someone else can tell us?

OK...so Chris Hughes has testified during the jury part?

Does that mean these emails have been entered into evidence?

If they have not - which I am assuming they have not been - is there anyone who can answer WHY NOT? I mean, if the author has testified and the DV expert can discuss them, how are they NOT evidence?

That's something else I don't understand!

OH, and can Chris now be recalled to testify about them since the defense has pushed them into the forefront of this trial now? I mean, that little nugget that ALV dropped yesterday is now today's trial headline on GMA!

The whole "Travis was abusive to other women and Jodi should stay away" thing. It was the soundbite they played today.

I just don't get that a guy having sex with a girl who was clearly willing (no matter what the defense says) is abusive - physically or emotionally! If you are having sex with a guy to try to hold onto him, that's on YOU not him! I've been there, and I blame no one but myself. And it certainly didn't turn me into a murderous monster!

They were sent by Travis's phone to Jodi. Entered into evidence.

I believe the evidence was on Jodi's computer and not her phone. She conveniently "lost" that phone and Gus gave her another one that records. Jodi claims she downloaded the pictures onto her computer which were recovered by LE computer forensics. This is the one with the damaged hard drive. So it could be anyone. Jodi claims they are of Travis. A poster who is a nurse here stated the pictures are of two different men. Surprised??? Why would we be?

Speaking of Gus. Does anyone else think it is strange he gave her a phone that records? He tries to insert himself into this case. He obviously did not care for Travis. Could Jodi have originally made that recording to give to GS to use against Travis and changed her mind after Travis sent her that email on the 26th? I know it is a stretch but something is just so off with Gus and Jodi obviously taped the recording for a reason. lol

Yes, but he also contacted Gus Searcy to get some dirt on what he was testifying.

I wish we knew who as in the car with him when Jodi called to say she killed Travis. :facepalm:

We do know her name. In an interview by Jean C from IS Gus gave the name.

C j

[video=youtube;VFdZ-BiEDWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdZ-BiEDWg[/video]

ALV's describing JA's childhood as being "abusive"? So what if there was some subtle abuse and harsher than necessary discipline. It sounds similar to my childhood. And last time I checked I hadn't murdered anyone, much less via 29 stab wounds, a 6 inch long, 1 1/2 " deep throat slashing, then a gun shot to the head.

This DT is so slimy and disgusting the way they are stooping so low in order to finagle their client out of responsibility for her actions.

And the hearing involving Juan being seen outside the courtroom while being stopped by court watchers to shake his hand etc. Well, boo hoo hoo :boohoo:, it just shows how pathetic and desperate they are. And maybe I shouldn't say this, but Nurmi looked like a complete goon when he was talking, looking down at the floor and like he was having a seizure or something. Is there something wrong with him ? Maybe he was just ashamed of himself... nahhh, even though he darn well should be.

I missed the testimony yesterday, but heard ALV suggested that TA may have had a history of abuse towards women. Wouldn't the women who have been in his life be a better source as to whether or not this is the case?

I'd be shocked if the Hughes used the word "abuse" to describe Travis ever, other than the abuse he suffered as a child.

snipped

I think the point is that nobody wants there to be even a hint of impropriety. The defense will jump on anything that even hints of misconduct. There has already been several accusations of prosecutorial misconduct. Why give them ammunition?

The bottom line is that this trial is about the brutal murder of Travis Alexander. The side shows, groupies, fans, .... whatever you want to call them, need to back off and let him finish his job. Looky loos wanting their fifteen minutes of fame via a picture or whatever need to wait until it is over! Then have at it for all I care. I just don't want to see it jeopardize the case in any way.

If I were Travis' family I would be pissed that this is going on. I mean, imagine how they feel? People who have no business injecting themselves into this case causing problems. It is their brother! This trial has been going on for a long time. Day in and day out they have to sit there and listen to the BS going on inside the courtroom. They shouldn't have to be subjected to the BS going on outside of the courtroom. People need to have some respect for this family, and just knock it off!

I do not blame JM at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these ignorant people chasing him around should be ashamed of themselves. He is doing the right thing by avoiding the circus at all costs. :twocents:

Samantha turned around and smiled at Katie yesterday in court...twice. She doesn't dole out smiles liberally either..she's all business in court usually and understandably. But she turned her head and looked at Katie and gave her a reassuring smile, twice. To me that meant she wasn't upset at Katie for what happened.

Well...he is/was involved with the PPL, right? That group gives me the pyramid scheme vibe.

My understanding from reading the Hughes blog, is that Chris and Sky are no longer involved with PPL and haven't been for a number of years.

OMG, I would most certainly run from a guy who felt he needed to give me an explanation of where the relationship is going so soon into the 'relationship'. Yikes. Talk about trouble.

Travis did not abuse Arias in ANY way. He basically wanted sex from her and she was a willing participant. We are not obligated to have a deep and meaningful relationship with every person we sleep with! As long as there are two consenting adults it's fine! And JA was not only willing but taught Travis a lot more than he taught her sexually speaking.

Arias abused Travis. All the snooping, stalking, slashing tires, being unable to take NO for an answer. She abused him emotionally and finally ended up butchering hi
Thread: trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112 Reply to Thread

m to death.

BBM

Ï had many friends who had that type of bootie call relationship. That is all it was and Jodi wanted more from him. At some point, a sane person would look at the relationship and walk away unless they wanted a continued bootie call.

"You teach people how to treat you"

Just like when Willmott asked her if every child who grows up in abusive houses become abusers.. She said there was no way to know because they can't ask everyone out there. Wouldn't the logical answer be No? Does she not know of one single person who grew up with violence and abuse who didn't inflict violence and abuse as an adult?? Ughhh!

This is a good point. It's a perfect example of how witnesses are groomed to answer questions in a way that will benefit the side for which they are testifying.

Her answer on that was ridiculous. And a gamble. If anyone on the jury was ever abused as a child or knows anyone who was abused as a child but has never been abusive in their adult life, they are going to totally discount that answer and probably anything else ALV says.

And her answer has to be no, she knows that most people who are abused turn out NOT to abuse anyone else. And if she doesn't, maybe we should give her Dave Pelzer's books! Because he endured some of the most horrific abuse I've ever heard of and he's not an abuser.

Ricki. I didn't follow the trial from day one either. I remember reading about several allegations from Nurmi. I've forgotten what they were about. I'm fogged out! Hopefully someone else can tell us?

Travis' s ex lisa diadone (sp?) Was on the stand and he whipped out an autopsy photo of travis's neck wound and they had a hissy fit and called for a mistrial due to his "procecutorial misconduct"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Given their self-defense excuse and their domestic abuse motive, why are there twice as many male jurors as female, i.e. what was it in their case planning that the DT thought would resonate more with males than females?

I wish and hope photos of Nurmi mugging for phone cameras while fans were waiting for Nancy Grace on the sidewalk show up. He chose to walk right past the trucks..stick that forward head even more forward in front of de la rosa who was with him, turn and smile almost the entire length of the sidewalk. I was there and saw it and I know there are pics out there of his cheesiness. I didn't take a pic, for obvious reasons (blech).

Report on that Kiefer!

Michael Kiefer tweeted the following...

The importance of the email is that the Hughes advised Arias to move on from her relationship with Alexander because he is abusive to women.

As I said, it's referenced and excerpted in a motion from the defense from more than a year ago

Check my story tomorrow. The court docs are from 2011. They were e-mails from 2007 and prosecution downplayed or denied existed..

Okay, I am going to say it, I don't know him but I don't like his 'attitude.'

Besides, "abusive" is in the eye of the beholder. What we've learned from ALV is that everyone is in an abusive relationship, so we all can go around killing our significant other's now.

No, seriously, they could have meant different things by that. Maybe they viewed his womanizing in general as "abusive." No one has denied that he dated and flirted with a lot of women.

Are the Hughes also Mormon? I ask because I think about Mimi Hall's testimony where she said Travis talked about sex "too much." To a Mormon, I would imagine if you mentioned sex twice a day that would sound like too much since they are very strict about sex after marriage, etc. If I were raised Mormon, I think any talk of sex would make me uncomfortable due to my upbringing.

So, yea, context is important, the problem is that since the prosecution is fighting admitting it, it makes me wonder if there are details in the letter than does elaborate and that it doesn't look good for Travis.

Given their self-defense excuse and their domestic abuse motive, why are there twice as many male jurors as female, i.e. what was it in their case planning that the DT thought would resonate more with males than females?

I am going to take a wild guess and say that JA could always resonate more with men. She had no real girlfriends that most women have. It wouldn't surprise me at all if JA was the one calling the shots for the men to be picked. She's devious to the bone.

The DT should get some Scientologists to testify. Here's a quote from L. Ron Hubbard:

"What is true is what is true for you. No one has any right to force data on you and command you to believe it or else. If it is not true for you, it isn't true. Think your own way through things, accept what is true for you, discard the rest. There is nothing unhappier than one who tries to live in a chaos of lies."

Jodi clearly joined the wrong religion.

I've always thought that Scientology played a part in the Pinellas 12's aquittal of Casey Anthony.

No, it's the same thing I've been saying all along. He was emotionally abusive in that he wasn't making it clear to Jodi where she really stood with him - keep having sex with a woman and she WILL believe that there is still some kind of relationship going on. He kept after his ex girlfriend to marry him while at the same time having sex with Jodi and not ever letting her know that. He continued to have sex with Jodi but said mean things about her behind her back - he used her for sex.

Same exact thing I've been saying all along. And I have also been saying all along that it is mild emotional abuse as it's the same kind of thing that plenty of guys do to women and woman also do to men all the time. But it doesn't make it not emotional abuse even though it's on the low end of the spectrum.

And as I've continually said all along as well it doesn't matter where this case in concerned as he was never ever PHYSICALLY abusive to Jodi or any other woman, and it is PHYSICAL abuse that Jodi claims she was subjected to by him and the reason she "had" to kill him to save her life.

I respectfully disagree.

I would agree if he was still saying to JA that they "really are together" and to not worry about things, but THEY HAD BROKEN UP!!! Now, way back in my younger days if a guy & I were broken up - but started doing the deed again - unless he completely stopped talking to other girls and made it CLEAR that he wanted to be exclusive again, it would have only been about the hookup. And being an ADULT I'd either bow out gracefully if I didn't want to be used, or have some fun while it lasted.

Jodi was an adult, not some 16yr old naive girl. They were NOT a couple, and therefore he was simply being honest - he was dating other girls while sleeping with Jodi. Jodi just couldn't handle the fact that THIS guy wasn't under her spell so completely. Another reason why I think she killed him.....he would have moved on and utterly forgotten about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli