trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying that as a strategy to find a sympathetic juror it is statistically likely to work. That is provided you can plant the seed that Jodi was molested or abused. Survivors know that a dad threatening a 2nd grader and making suggestive comments about his daughter's body are big ol' red flags. Hit a nerve with just ONE and BINGO.
Agreed, but once again those are just stories MADE UP BY ARIAS with no proof whatsoever. If the jury decides not to believe anything she says (very likely), then anything she testified to and anything she told anyone else is to be tossed.

Leaving only the facts of the premeditation and the murder itself ....

That's an excellent question! Why did the defence not simply put the Hughes on the stand to testify to this?

When CH testified without the jury present, Nurmi asked him if he would have a problem testifying for the defence and he said "yes".

What about if the woman, Jodi in this case, was also telling him she was completely ok with a "friends with benefits " situation? That she was on board knowing herself they'd never get married? That it was ok to pursue other partners for marriage? That they were "friends" and not even dating? I remember how odd it sounded, to me, when I first started watching her , years ok, she always referred to Travis as her "friend". Not even her "ex boyfriend" but "friend". How is it abusive if she led Travis to believe she was ok sleeping together at times but still being "friends"?

I totally agree KCL ~
IMO Jodi would take Travis anyway she could have him. She thew out the seduction card very early on in this "friendship", "boyfriend girlfriend", "exclusive" or any other stupid title she chose to use. There is not a single man (as in not married) out there that would turn down all of the sex SHE TAUGHT HIM. Especially a man in his 20's and 30's. I think if anybody came up with "It's only sex if it's vaginal" was Jodi (a little truth peppered in). She knew she could always use sex to get to him. And that's what she did. Anything to hold on to him.

I'm so sick of this carp! What about taking responsibility for one's actions and life? How silly is this Defense! Healthy and compassionate individuals who have been abused will not want to even hurt an ant! They know what's it like to be abused and will not even dream of hurting another!

True, rose. And your "will not even dream of hurting another" reminded me of ALV saying someone abused will subordinate her own dreams in service to the abuser's. What personal dreams did Jodi have that TA stifled? She was a parasite, dreaming only of sharing the spoils of his dreams imo. In his last blog post May 18 Travis seemed particularly incensed by those who expect to reap what they have not sown:

"The phrase “Gold Digger” has come to mean in our society a man or a woman who marries for money, usually as an easy road to material gain with out any effort or productivity of their own. To reap what you have not sown is no better than a thief, mooch or a looter." [TA - Being Better Blog 5-18-08]

JM himself has said in court that there was nothing wrong. He's an experienced and successful prosecutor. I trust him. I also trust our intelligent and wise court observers. The Defense just wants drama as they are desperate at this point. Also, JA is looking for ways to get back at everyone who is supporting Travis. Useless drama. Unfortunately people get sucked into it. Nothing wrong was done. It's no big deal. The Defense will cry out for a mistrial at every point now. It's up to us to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I was not here at the beginning of the trial. I heard that the DT had accused JM of prosecutor misconduct before. Can you or anyone tell me when and what that was about? I agree they are going to try any trick they can to get a mistrial. They are desperate.
I do not blame Juan for the media clip of him. He was taken by surprise, although I don't think he will be going out the front doors of the courthouse anymore.

OMG, I would most certainly run from a guy who felt he needed to give me an explanation of where the relationship is going so soon into the 'relationship'. Yikes. Talk about trouble.

Travis did not abuse Arias in ANY way. He basically wanted sex from her and she was a willing participant. We are not obligated to have a deep and meaningful relationship with every person we sleep with! As long as there are two consenting adults it's fine! And JA was not only willing but taught Travis a lot more than he taught her sexually speaking.

Arias abused Travis. All the snooping, stalking, slashing tires, being unable to take NO for an answer. She abused him emotionally and finally ended up butchering him to death.

What I have learned is that if you have to ask where you stand in a relationship..you already have an idea where you stand. If it is a real relationship that is going somewhere it should be crystal clear to both parties where they stand.

Katiecoolady thank you for being there, supporting the family and reporting back to us. I've read some of your story, as much as possible for the time I've been here. My hat's off to you. (hugs and blessings)

Can you feel her evil? Lordy, she spooks the carp out of me seein her on TV?:seeya: JA, that is, hehe, I don't get a good vib from JC though either, but consider her not that physically dangerous. Was she up to? just publicity?

Per your JC and what is she up to ...............perhaps she is doing on camera job interviews after all In Session is down to 2 hours and after this trial....who knows?

Think of all the Court TV staff who have gone on to mainstream media jobs,
Terry Moran, Dan Abrams, Nancy Grace, Jack Ford, can't remember the gal on NBC in the morning....anybody else think of others?

The next thing out of this woman's mouth will be that Jodi Arias may, just MAY have invented an alternate reality, which she believed. And, as we all know from Dr. Samuels, if you create an alternate reality, it is true for you.

This is the problem with testimony from psychologists, even so-called experts. They are experts in understanding human behavior, not like the justice system which is interested in controlling human behavior to protect the rights of others.

"It is true for her" is not a mitigating circumstance. An untruth is still a lie even if someone believes it to be truth.

Thank God.

The DT should get some Scientologists to testify. Here's a quote from L. Ron Hubbard:

"What is true is what is true for you. No one has any right to force data on you and command you to believe it or else. If it is not true for you, it isn't true. Think your own way through things, accept what is true for you, discard the rest. There is nothing unhappier than one who tries to live in a chaos of lies."

Jodi clearly joined the wrong religion.

True, rose. And your "will not even dream of hurting another" reminded me of ALV saying someone abused will sublimate (my word, I can't remember hers) her own dreams in service to the abuser's. What personal dreams did Jodi have that TA stifled? She was a parasite, dreaming only of sharing the spoils of his dreams imo. In his last blog post May 18 Travis seemed particularly incensed by those who expect to reap what they have not sown:

"The phrase “Gold Digger” has come to mean in our society a man or a woman who marries for money, usually as an easy road to material gain with out any effort or productivity of their own. To reap what you have not sown is no better than a thief, mooch or a looter." [TA - Being Better Blog 5-18-08]

Is there any info on how JA did in PPL? Did she just go to meetings and events to be around Travis or did she ever try to be successful herself in PPL?

I think Chris Hughes stating he could envision Travis throwing Jodi against a wall in his interview with Flores may cause him to worry a bit.

Chris Hughes is an enigma! This needs to be cleared up in rebuttal. ALV was practically foaming at the mouth when she sprang the Hughes emails on the jury.

I'm guessing Chris was alluding to the fact that Jodi was so incorrigible - so manipulative - so crazy.....that she could drive Travis (or anyone else, for that matter) to throw her against a wall out of pure frustration! Just watching her on TV is enough to make anyone slam her against a wall, or worse.

IMO, Travis exercised remarkable restraint with JA considering the circumstances. He might still be alive today if he had broken a few of her bones when she slashed his tires, hacked into his bank accts. emails, etc. Jodi would have called LE, Travis would have been arrested for assault, might have gotten jail time....but at least he would still be alive. He literally let her get away with murder - his own murder!

And, btw, good morning, Sleuthers!

Yes, but he also contacted Gus Searcy to get some dirt on what he was testifying.

I wish we knew who as in the car with him when Jodi called to say she killed Travis. :facepalm:

I thought Searcy said Arias called him at 3 am on 6/5 to tell him that Travis was dead and maybe ask to see him ? If Searcy was in Vegas, Arias could have easily diverted off I-15 to see him. After all, she was a little late getting to West Jordan ... I'd like to see the time on that gas receipt in Mesquite.

I seem to recall Wilmott responding via email to a teen courtwatcher fan. Why is her action less egregious than Juan's, who simply autographed a woman's cane. Juan, being a gentleman wouldn't refuse such an innocent request.

I missed the testimony yesterday, but heard ALV suggested that TA may have had a history of abuse towards women. Wouldn't the women who have been in his life be a better source as to whether or not this is the case?

Is there any info on how JA did in PPL? Did she just go to meetings and events to be around Travis or did she ever try to be successful herself in PPL?

Didn't Gus testify to her having made about $1700 for her year's effort?

Didn't Gus testify to her having made about $1700 for her year's effort?

So sounds like she was basically just part of PPL to be around TA. 1700 probably doesnt even partially cover her traveling expenses. :what:

I totally agree KCL ~
IMO Jodi would take Travis anyway she could have him. She thew out the seduction card very early on in this "friendship", "boyfriend girlfriend", "exclusive" or any other stupid title she chose to use. There is not a single man (as in not married) out there that would turn down all of the sex SHE TAUGHT HIM. Especially a man in his 20's and 30's. I think if anybody came up with "It's only sex if it's vaginal" was Jodi (a little truth peppered in). She knew she could always use sex to get to him. And that's what she did. Anything to hold on to him.

Dmacky-I totally agree with you :rocker:

I get that...but with a side eye at the media/celebrity gossip.

I mean, would society be in a different place if we DID IN FACT "worship" people like JM (successful prosecutor), or CEO's who run their company the "right" way, and other pillars of society that aren't given much credit from the general public.

I am still at a loss - since I am NOT in the legal field - why seeing JM talking to the press, or the general public and taking pictures is a bad thing though.

snipped

I think the point is that nobody wants there to be even a hint of impropriety. The defense will jump on anything that even hints of misconduct. There has already been several accusations of prosecutorial misconduct. Why give them ammunition?

The bottom line is that this trial is about the brutal murder of Travis Alexander. The side shows, groupies, fans, .... whatever you want to call them, need to back off and let him finish his job. Looky loos wanting their fifteen minutes of fame via a picture or whatever need to wait until it is over! Then have at it for all I care. I just don't want to see it jeopardize the case in any way.

If I were Travis' family I would be pissed that this is going on. I mean, imagine how they feel? People who have no business injecting themselves into this case causing problems. It is their brother! This trial has been going on for a long time. Day in and day out they have to sit there and listen to the BS going on inside the courtroom. They shouldn't have to be subjected to the BS going on outside of the courtroom. People need to have some respect for this family, and just knock it off!

I do not blame JM at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these ignorant people chasing him around should be ashamed of themselves. He is doing the right thing by avoiding the circus at all costs. :twocents:

I'm re-watching the Chris Hughes testimony (Day 10), and he is very defensive and kinda shady.
Anyone else think so?

Well...he is/was involved with the PPL, right? That group gives me the pyramid scheme vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli