DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definition of Domestic:

do·mes·tic/dəˈmɛstɪk/ Show Spelled [duh-mes-tik] Show IPA

adjective
1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.
2. devoted to home life or household affairs.

I don't think JA and TA had a home together or were a family. I don't think they fit any facet of the above definition. So, Domestic Violence??? jmo

Nah - that's not what it means, although what you cite above is one definition. In this case, it means people who have or have had a personal, intimate relationship of some kind. Though they did spend most of the roughly 600 days they knew each other hundreds of miles apart.

But miles don't stop abuse - trust me. However this isn't relevant in JA's case - EXCEPT to prove that (as in many/most cases) distance served to ignite her obsessive/possessive rage and that Travis IS a DV victim.

From an article of hers, she says:

"There is no research that can say that the cost of women's violence — emotionally, physically, or in regard to property damage — in any way matches the violence perpetrated by men."

Nice fallacy. There is no research that can say purple unicorns do not exist. Therefore, they must exist, right ALV?? Guess she never uncovered the concept of falsifiability in her pioneering 35 year career?

This woman is a disgrace to domestic violence victims IMO She is an extreme feminist, and they do more harm then good.IMO She is totally female biased,she knows full well that women can be just as violent as men.Women emotionally abuse men thru the family courts system and it being female biased because of woman like this ALV.We just got away with killings and still get away with domestic abuse because we are supposed nurturers and men are humiliated if they speak out and are not taking seriously.She is a shill and a sham IMO.She should be ashamed of herself for helping jodi murder Travis all over again! I hope he haunts her and if she has a son I hope he meets up with his own jodi!

I suspect there is other stuff in the email that the defense does not want the jurors to hear.

I agree... Why isn't there the beginning parts to the email? Chris Hughes mentioned that in the evidentiary hearing he said he didn't know the context because it was incomplete, lacking the first part. ALV also mentioned the incompleteness! I know the jurors didn't hear the Hughes evidentiary hearing, but still the fact their witness also pointed out the missing pieces would make me question their transparency and honesty with the jury and with their own expert!! It's pretty ridiculous and I feel bad for the Hughes' having this email potentially hurt their slain friend!! And of course for TA's family, very heart breaking!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to presume to know ALV's motives, and I'm not going to assume that money is her only motive, but I have to wonder how a woman who has a decorated career counselling victims of abuse is ignoring all the red flags here. Jodi's behaviours were clearly abusive.

Also to claim that suffering an abusive childhood makes one more likely to abuse is just wrong.. Maybe at some point, experts believed that, but I think it's been disproved a million times over by now.

Maybe she's been brainwashed by the defense, and by Jodi's manipulation, the latter of which I can't blame her for. I'm sure JA is frighteningly persuasive in person. Manipulators often are. We're safe, from a distance, knowing what she's done, but meeting her in person? People like her lie and manipulate SO easily. They know how to twist you into pitying them even when they are ripping you off. I feel like ALV was more innocently sucked in by JA (+the money) but Samuels was enticed by the money, and then sucked in by JA as well (something to which he had a predisposition for, going by his history of crossing boundaries).

Sorry for rambling on :blushing: And have a good weekend, everyone!

I think ALV looks at a woman who comes to her as a victim regardless of what the woman has done. It's who ALV is and what she does. Instead of stating that she does not have enough information on Travis to give an opinion regarding him personally she tries to form an opinion on bits and pieces she has been presented with. Defense attorneys do not always give you the whole picture. They select what they feel you should review.

ALV already has Jodi as a victim prior to Jodi ever meeting Travis. To some people yelling at someone because you are upset with them is abusive. But when you claim someone is abusive most people's mind heads right for DV. So abusive when used should be defined by the person using the term and not just left to hang in the air. Today instead of saying someone is just not being nice, people use sometimes use the word abuse instead of saying that person is not being very nice. jmo

If already posted I apologize. here is the Youtube video of Chris Hughes testifying. IMO Sky was reacting normally as a mother after being told by an attorney that it was 'true" about Travis. I think afterwards she realized the truth. The DT was scamming the Hughes.

[video=youtube;z4bTzT-c0DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7EN8uoD-Q

This is part of Martinez' opening statement. In it you hear him relating to the jury what JA told the detective.

JA shot Travis first (she claims it was ninjas), then she said the gun was pointed at her (meaning at Travis) and it didn't go off. Then she said Travis couldn't get up after being shot (I believe that) by ninjas (don't believe that).

In her lies is the truth. She just twists facts and plays lil miss innocent.

:furious:

I keep hearing on HLN that the jury is riveted by ALV's testimony, that they, "aren't even taking notes, just listening."

There is another way to look at that, which is they aren't taking notes because they aren't hearing anything they feel they'll need to recall during deliberations.

Why is there total radio silence from Jean C. on HLN tonight? I would have thought it would be JVM's leading story: "HLN's own Jean C. ON THE STAND!!"

Theories?

Why is there total radio silence from Jean C. on HLN tonight? I would have thought it would be JVM's leading story: "HLN's own Jean C. ON THE STAND!!"

Theories?

I've been wondering about that too! I think she's been muzzled.

Theories?

IDK why but that whole thing was very disturbing. I felt like JC was excited to be up on the stand...INVOLVED rather than an observer...weird.

:lol: Maybe that's where they got the idea. From Joe the "Shark". :rolleyes:

At least Joe the Shark and his co-dresser were married

Theories?

She is on JVM right now.

IMO ...sometimes we at WS give the defense too much ammo. I have been guilty of this and work hard at not saying everything I know or see on cases.

We have to realize that the defense teams use WS All The Time ...they get the pulse of what the general public is thinking..they also get photos and ideas. Freedom of speech is definitely alive and well on WS..thank God for that ..please dont give Defense any ideas of what to expect next.

Mr Martinez has got this down to a science..I have Complete Faith in him.

During CA trial we all made comments about Baez stalking our pages and using things we posted here to help CA,after the trial it came out they were looking at sites to get the public's take on how it was going in court. I have not commented on anything that can help this evil murdering it. I believe we all should be very careful to not help it's defense in any way!

I just woke up from my nap. Did I miss anything important this pm? I saw JC on the stand, was there anything after that? Is JW done boring us to death with her direct? Will Juan start crossing on Tuesday?

Hey Steely, you missed the same ole BS that has been on this week. You can catch it on utube if you have a couple hours to waste. You do need to read KCL posts.:rocker:
Hope you are ok today. LOL esp after our "posts" last night.

I keep hearing on HLN that the jury is riveted by ALV's testimony, that they, "aren't even taking notes, just listening."

There is another way to look at that, which is they aren't taking notes because they aren't hearing anything they feel they'll need to recall during deliberations.

Or they're thinking OMG am I in for a verrrry long weekend being told I'm abusive! Shouldn't have told my wife/husband he/she looked fat in those jeans 3 years ago.

Jean C has never testified in court before this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV