trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Ms. LaViolette sure has some magical powers! She can infer what Travis was thinking and feeling just by reading some emails that have been taken completely out of context. She has no idea what the dynamics of any of the relationships she is talking about were like when those emails were written. Good grief, listening to her you'd think she was starring in some reality show and making up sound bites for ratings. Maybe we could call it "Real Ho's of Yreka" :banghead:

Ok I feel better now

She was dismissed because she was 'mod' - young and hip. She had Jodi all figured out. JA feared her and the fact that she had powers of jury persuasion. She had to go. JA looks sooo smug now that she is gone - she thinks she can prey on the middle-aged men on the jury. Only 6 women left!

JA sure was taking notes on the jurors the other day. She wasn't even listening to the testimony.
BBM = You could very well be right.

My anxiety is through the roof today.

Between the closed hearing this morning, juror 5 being dismissed, and the irrelevant testimony from ALV...it's mentally exhausting.

Like many of you, I swore I would never get invested in another trial after Casey Anthony. Yet, here I am.

Would love to be a fly on the wall to see Abe's reaction to being called a 45 yr old bald Jew. His head may explode if DD has him on tonight

Abe is well aware of the emails and knows that it's JA stirring the pot. He couldn't care less that TA made disparaging remarks in the heat of the moment.

]Juror 5 was BOOTED because she was talking too much [/B]allegedly, it might not be in her best interest to go all out in the media right now. It will just prove the point made by the Defense. She needs to just lay low for a while and let this all simmer down. If she truly has any respect for the courts she will. IMO it would be rather tacky to be all up in the media right after being booted for "Talking".

That is all speculation. Trust me, in a DP case, it could have been something very minor, but out of an abundance of caution, they dismiss rather than risk an appealable issue.

I hope she takes a little time out, but I have no problem with her talking either. She is free to do as she wishes. She invested a lot of time in this case and I feel awful that this has happened as I am sure it was innocent and not prejudicial.

Juror #5 is allowed to talk per Beth Karas.

I know everyone wants to hear from her but ~ how classy would it be ~ and how BADLY would it piss off Nurmi ~ if she were to go home, and stay silent till the trial is over?

Honestly, don't you think he's hoping she'll do/say something ~ that will allow him to file another motion about some fantasy misconduct per what she said on NG?

I am conflicted about the Juror 5 dismissal. If she said something truly damaging to the integrity of the jury then of course it is necessary that she be dismissed. But it it was an off hand, sarcastic comment for comic relief (which is totally understandable in this length of a trial and with the amount of difficult testimony and evidence that has to be dealt with day after day) - something like "I wish Nurmi could stop picking his nose"- or a compassionate comment about the family - like "this must be wearing the family down"- and a fellow juror reported it which then lead to the defense being able to exploit it to the point of getting a reasonable, intelligent and observant juror dismissed, then that is disturbing. And I worry about what it says about the jurors now starting to turn on one another...

Don't you guys think the Judge should have ordered tri colour to not talk about this trial until it's over? Just to be cautious?

She cant. She has no jurisdiction over the released juror. When released they are free to speak with anyone just like anyone else.

She was so upset she may not speak out or at least not yet.

IMO

Can someone update me? what happened this am?

We waited and waited . It was driving everyone crazy, the waiting. Got some tweets saying that JA was in the judges chambers with all the attorneys and Det. Flores, too. Then Juan came out and took Travis's Family into chambers as well. What a nightmare. We thought plea deal, or worse, mistrial. Then everyone came out, an hour or ninety minutes later.

The judge said that the motion for a mistrial had been denied, and that Juror No. 5, Tricolor to us, had been excused. When the camera showed Samantha and Tanisha, they were crying.

Then it was a return to Travis bashing with LaViolette, and Wilmott, who has been prancing around like a giddy teenager. JA remains smug.

Discussed were e mails between Travis and Chris and Skye Hughes as well as the email which JA supposedly sent to Abe Abdelhadi, which he claims he never received and we suspect she only really sent to Travis to make him jealous. Also more endless rewinds about the gratuitous sex she had but did not enjoy.

I hope, since Abe is not under subpoena, that Juan asks LaVi as question like, "would it surprise you if Abe Abdelhadi claims he never got an email? Would that surprise you?" Hmmmm...it was just a game to get Travis jealous, right down to the one date and grinded against him on a car.

I wonder why the Jodi innocent site was taken down. rofl You think maybe they started all this crap and afraid someone (JM) might come after them in some way.

From what i hear and it is reported on the websites to out internet scams,,that site was made by a guy in india to get people who belive ja then set up a defence fund for ja but all the money was going to him

I think if I were her and had just given up 3 months of my life only to be deprived of making the final decision, I'd be calling around for the highest bidder for my story....:banghead:

I would be very angry if I were her for this. Though depending on what she said that got her booted, she may be embarrassed about it.

I would be angry to begin with having to sit through the insulting defense farce.

Without knowing exactly why Juror #5 was dismissed and exactly what happened (and not speculating, but actual information based on facts), I think it's unfair to say anything about this juror. We don't know exactly what went down and exactly what happened to cause her to be dismissed.

Rumormongering doesn't help matters and throwing stones is gauche.

Then why would she have been dismissed? If truly that's what happened, she asked someone if they were in line, come on really? She'd be dismissed for that? I don't think so.

I don't care exactly what she said. It was apparently enough to get her dismissed. They were told not to talk about the case. Period. It wasn't "don't talk a lot" or "don't tell the media anything" or "don't talk when you're drunk"

there's not a lot of grey area when jurors are told not to talk about a case.

In the Scott Peterson Trial I think a juror was dismissed for simply telling a family member on the way into court that he was blocking his view and he wouldn't be on TV that night. Nothing at all about the case. But he was dismissed.

I wasn't aware that Doctor Drew Juror saw Juror #5 in line and said anything to her... That is news to me. No matter what she said to her, if Nurmi saw it... I can see him asking for removal. Wasn't it Katie DDJ who was in the picture that was shown to Jean Cesaurus when they were accusing JM of misconduct? Haven't we heard that Jodi always gives Katie DDJ dirty looks?
If Nurmi saw her saying peep to a juror, I'd bet that is the reason he asked for her removal.

Has there been any explanation as to why this court has an hour and a half lunch break, when they already run on a shortened day?

JMO but I hope that Juror #5 waits to talk...

I'd not like for her to say something off hand like couple of us jurors rolled our eyes at that blah blah & Nurmi go running to the Judge saying Jury is communicating with each other yadda yadda yadda...

Everything going forward is going to be viewed under microscope because a Mistrial is only chance JA has at this point (JMO) and DT will have spies everywhere watching everything going on around courthouse, lobby etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway