trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #115

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaV believed everything JA told her! It is laughable.

Someone asked --- and I didn't see the answer, but what is the time frame of these emails. How long AFTER he started dating JA were these emails written? And how much time had the Hughes spent around Jodi?

It sounds to me that Sky was giving JA some advise. Didn't TA tell the Hughes that "a very reluctant Jodi" talked to him about what they said.

She wasn't reluctant, she was creating one of her "dramas".

Well one night at their home after Jodie had gone to bed, the Hughes took Travis aside and tried to warn him. They didn't think Jodie was good for him,apparently Jodie was on the other side of the closed door listening in, They opened the door and there stood Jodie with an evil glare.

So at one point the porch light went on. It didn't take them long to see a side of her, she could no longer hide from them.
We can't even began to imagine the evil torture she put Travis through on that fatal day.

ALL the Hispanic males on my DH's side of the family do the same. I think maybe there's one who goes with the salt&pepper look!:floorlaugh:

I like it better than Nurmi's weekend head shave.

Really? No male in my family or friends in MX would be caught dead dying their hair --- salt and peppah is the new sexy me thinks!!!

Heaven help us, we have to go through the waking up to vaginal sex story again!

Every single incidence of sex this couple had has been gone over and over. Jodi lived
with another man for four years. Can you imagine how many sex scenes we'd have to
go through if she killed Darryl? Preposterous defense!

Wilmot asking ALV . . . JA said she felt she needed to write to Abe . . . Because TA was not feeling comfy with that relationship and JA indicated that he was jealous (per Ms. Hughes) . . .. .

Hughes believed TA was doing a double standard - go and date other people but he was jealous . . . . JA wrote a letter to Abe one week later . .. important to ALV jealousy is precursor to violent behaviors . . .. the degree that jealousy

May 2007 - JA told about time when TA woke her up by having vaginal sex with her around May 10th or early May 2007 . . . . JA relayed she was awakened by TA penetrating him - she stopped him - she thought that was a sin in the LDS faith . . . . @ the time TA pushed her head down and she gave him oral sex. . . . by this time they had oral and anal sex . . . .

vaginal sex violated the law of chastity per TA to JA . .. she was informed about doctrine in the Mormon church - he was her advisor in the church . . . . TA was her spiritual guide and taught her doctrine and gospels in LDS church - she looked up to him in Momon faith and his position in the church.

it was important that JA was able to set a limit - boundary to stop him when violated the law of chastity. . . .. she performed oral sex with TA . . . something was ok per TA?
it was a lesser sin to perform oral sex is what TA told JA.

good time for noon recess
counsel - please approach!

I missed it. Did LV point to herself when she said "She had oral sex with him?"
Because last week when she said that, she pointed to herself. Talk about body language...
Did anybody else catch that last week?

We have no idea what got juror 5 dismissed. Can we wait to trash her until we know the facts?

I agree, the judge may not believe she did anything wrong, but in her eagerness to avoid a mistrial decided to let her go, as there are still 5 other alternates. Just because the defence accused her of something does not make it true. Let's wait for the facts before accusing,I'm sure she feels bad enough already.

My dad, brothers & husband ~ all relatively sensitive guys, at least most of the time, but ~ I am CERTAIN ~ if they were on this jury, all the talk about relationships & "feelings" would make them SO ANGRY right now! And once they had the opportunity to deliberate ~ they'd waste NO more time discussing whether she "felt" a certain way about things.. It would be ALL about premeditation (i.e. gas cans) and the number of stab wounds & gun shots. Period.. All is not lost ~ this stupid crap about "relationships" blah, blah, blah ~ they're gonna take it out on her, I'm sure of it.

Gah! This is driving me insane!! How can she be repeating all this from the liar.

I guess I'll have to go over the legal thread where hopefully someone has explained why this is legal. Saying what Travis said or knew or thought, based on what Jodi said Travis said/knew/did?

Isn't that like triple hearsay?

Smug Jodi today. Let's all wish Jodi another cold sore, at the very least.

Apparently she wasn't very attentive to those statements to remember the admonition.

I mean what is it about "do not talk" that people don't understand? Is it the age of social media we live in, where people (especially younger) think every tiny aspect of their lives need publishing? Is discretion a lost art?

SHUT THE HELL UP JURORS, JUST SHUT UP
Everyone likes to think they can keep a secret, but for some the psychological pressure just builds up and something gets out. Sad for her.

This testimony is unwatchable and doesn't pass the sniff test. Amazing how someone could offer this testimony without a good understanding of the context. This witness is terribly unaware of how out of touch she is with modern society as far as relationships go, not to mention email, which itself is often considered obsolete by the texting generation.

A 5 or 6 month "dating/sexual" relationship in one's 20's or 30's are often fleeting, as folks figure out what they are looking for long-term or just having some fun before house & kids, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018