trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I were her and had just given up 3 months of my life only to be deprived of making the final decision, I'd be calling around for the highest bidder for my story....:banghead:

This will probably happen.
She may even be offered a book or article deal right away.
After all, if this goes on much longer--say long deliberation, she'll be the only one who can talk perhaps.

They will probably keep all the rest from talking? Including the alts, in case a juror does the wrong thing during deliberations?

He always looks nice, but hair dye on men just seems....vain. Juan is too dignified for hair dye.

Hey, guys should be allowed to be a little vain if they like! And women shouldn't be expected to be as vain as we are expected to be, lol.

I dye my gray hair because I look much younger if you don't see the gray, and my pale skin tone looks better with more color. I can totally see a dude wanting to do the same.

(I also dye it because my gray hair is in Bride of Frankenstein stripes, I have long hair, and I have a widow's peak, too. That would certainly make a visual impact if I left it alone :D !!)

Hello,

my first post after lurking here for a month or so.

I've always been against the death penalty for a variety of reasons, but in this case I would absolutely make an exception.

Never have seen a person who is more evil than Jody Arias. There is something deeply wrong with her that is scary. Made even scarier by her appealing appearance. Anything less than the death penalty and she wins because that is all this case is about now. I can see her smiling and preening if second degree is the verdict.

I literally despise this woman and if asked, I would flip the switch that does her in.

Well, enough ugliness.

Being a male, I gotta say, Beth Karas is stunningly beautiful and engaging.....wow!

Thats all I got for now, this is like the OJ case. Just can't wait for the verdict.

My prediction is guilty of 1st degree.

I bet HLN has had reporters/scouts at all entrances since the trial began today, just in case tri-color was dismissed. I wonder what news show she will be on tonight!!

Apparently she is upset since it was reported she was crying. If I were her, I would be too. It would be hard to invest that much time into the trial just to be booted off. I've felt this way about alternates, too. It would suck not to be able to deliberate.

Anyway, If I were her, I would be reading everything I can about the trial...what happened when court was late, what evidence was suppressed, what the general public thinks of her guilt, etc. Then I would go on the air. So I don't think we'll see her on TV tonight. IMO.

I personally think Juror#5 should be careful in what he/she says, maybe he/she should get an attorney, lol, one never knows.

I have been truthful with my hubby and he knows I have a major crush on Juan. He also knows we live 3000 miles away from him too. :)

My husband also knows. I think I'm a little closer than 3000 miles--but if I went chasing after Juan, I'd have 3 kids & a 12 yo dog in tow. I don't think my hubby is scared!:floorlaugh:

I am conflicted about the Juror 5 dismissal. If she said something truly damaging to the integrity of the jury then of course it is necessary that she be dismissed. But it it was an off hand, sarcastic comment for comic relief (which is totally understandable in this length of a trial and with the amount of difficult testimony and evidence that has to be dealt with day after day) - something like "I wish Nurmi could stop picking his nose"- or a compassionate comment about the family - like "this must be wearing the family down"- and a fellow juror reported it which then lead to the defense being able to exploit it to the point of getting a reasonable, intelligent and observant juror dismissed, then that is disturbing. And I worry about what it says about the jurors now starting to turn on one another...

If the judge did not issue a gag order and she is free to talk, then there is nothing Nurmi or the judge can do about it.

Don't know why JA feels smug or pleased or anything. She's still going to prison. Just because she got juror #5 kicked off the panel doesn't mean the rest are going to let her go free. At a minimum she'll spend the next few decades in prison. And that's probably the best she can hope for. Most likely it will be LWOP or the DP.

I think it's a real indication of the kind of person Jodi is. She wants to make you pay, period. Get a juror kicked off, get the family to take off their ribbons -- that's real turn on for her. It's why she killed Travis, after all.

She was dismissed because she was 'mod' - young and hip. She had Jodi all figured out. JA feared her and the fact that she had powers of jury persuasion. She had to go. JA looks sooo smug now that she is gone - she thinks she can prey on the middle-aged men on the jury. Only 6 women left!

Ohhh My.... so creepy... And probably SOOO true!

:eek:

According to Beth Karas, juror #5 will not be prohibited from talking! No restrictions!

She was dismissed because she was 'mod' - young and hip. She had Jodi all figured out. JA feared her and the fact that she had powers of jury persuasion. She had to go. JA looks sooo smug now that she is gone - she thinks she can prey on the middle-aged men on the jury. Only 6 women left!

Don't be so sure those middle age men are going to like being portrayed as "abusive", as per LV's definition of "men , as the Natural Abuser". It could backfire and work against the defense.

Didn't Nurmi go after that Katie first. Last week he thought she was a juror and then thought she worked for HLN right. Or am I confused? ty

I thought he was thinking she was a juror too :waitasec:

Surely he didn't! I don't know... I do think JA will set her site on KDDJ and try and get her removed next...

Then she will go after ponytail.

IMO she wants the women gone!

There is something about the Hughes that just seem off to me.
They just seem to be in EVERYTHING!

Seems to me like they were sort of like family to TA and wanted desperately to help him on a healthy path to a future healthy family. Sometimes well-meaning "family" can cross the line into meddling family. I truly believe their intentions were good. And in the beginning they were hoodwinked by the psychopath JA - a feature of psychopaths is that they are very charming and likeable AT FIRST; they draw you in and only over time do their psychopathic behaviors (manipulation, lying, gas lighting etc.) become apparent. The Hughes are victims as well, IMO.

My anxiety is through the roof today.

Between the closed hearing this morning, juror 5 being dismissed, and the irrelevant testimony from ALV...it's mentally exhausting.

Like many of you, I swore I would never get invested in another trial after Casey Anthony. Yet, here I am.

You & me both, my friend...(sigh..) NO ONE I know in person is watching this or up to speed at all ~ heck, some hadn't heard about it ~ and they can't believe I'm up to my neck in interest again in another true crime trial.

So nice to know I'm not alone in being interested in the criminal justice system & seeing justice for victims of horrible murders...(well, at least that's supposed to be how it works..RIP Caylee)

Hello,

my first post after lurking here for a month or so.

I've always been against the death penalty for a variety of reasons, but in this case I would absolutely make an exception.

Never have seen a person who is more evil than Jody Arias. There is something deeply wrong with her that is scary. Made even scarier by her appealing appearance. Anything less than the death penalty and she wins because that is all this case is about now. I can see her smiling and preening if second degree is the verdict.

I literally despise this woman and if asked, I would flip the switch that does her in.

Well, enough ugliness.

Being a male, I gotta say, Beth Karas is stunningly beautiful and engaging.....wow!

Thats all I got for now, this is like the OJ case. Just can't wait for the verdict.

My prediction is guilty of 1st degree.

Welcome! I think she is a demon disguised as a woman, she is extremely creepy.

Juror 5 was BOOTED because she was talking too much allegedly, it might not be in her best interest to go all out in the media right now. It will just prove the point made by the Defense. She needs to just lay low for a while and let this all simmer down. If she truly has any respect for the courts she will. IMO it would be rather tacky to be all up in the media right after being booted for "Talking".

Unless it was something that WAS blown out of proportion and she feels she shouldn't have been booted. She may feel the need to defend herself.

Travis got it as a forward and Jodi claimed she didn't mean for him to see it. Games, just games trying to make Travis jealous and it backfired on her. Travis said he didn't care and for Jodi to have him go her in the woods.

I think Jodi is one evil, devious woman. She had to mooch off of people because she was too busy manipulating and trying to control, stalk and gas-light people. Doesn't Starbucks have internet access? I think Jodi, knowing passwords, would send an email to people as Travis in a heartbeat, especially to other women. That whole point of that sex-tape was to be used as blackmail, now used to save her neck and to kill Travis' all over again, so to speak.
Hey Alyce!...Jodi Arias was even jealous and envious of Travis' nice king-sized bed, you could hear her voice dripping with envy/hate in the interview tapes. Jodi wanted to possess everything of Travis'...his soul, being, $$, home, belongings, his "eternity"...her word.

She cant. She has no jurisdiction over the released juror. When released they are free to speak with anyone just like anyone else.

She was so upset she may not speak out or at least not yet.

IMO

She may have enough class to stay quiet and anonymous.

Or she may be a media attention ho looking for her 15 minutes.

Time (or lack of it) will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member