trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't have a treatable mental illness. She's a psychopath. She's a predator.

HA! I know that. I should have just said, WHEN did these friends tell the parents etc. I'm having trouble believing it ever happened. I'm jaded but what friends has she had...? I'm sorry if this offends anyone. It's just so hard to believe anything anymore.

Sitting here watching her mom, I am not sure how I feel about it. I remember watching someone elses mom and look what happen. I sit and watch her mom laugh in the court room. This is something her daughter did and no concern for the victim. I don't want to say anything bad here.

Dr. Drew is on HLN channel now. But right this minute they're still showing some of today's testimony. He did a teaser with a short clip of an interview tape of her mom.

Her mom couldn't understand how she could have come home from 'Utah' and acted so normal.:what:
Wow! Can't wait to see more.

fran

BBM

That was the statement that shocked me. This interview tell us that she has had mental problems all her life. It is really sad to see her mother crying and Jodi never sheds a tear. No wonder she had issues with her mom. :facepalm:

I think DB is afraid of JA. I also think Ja was going to take a trip with her new gun to end him and Matt because the knew to much.

As crazy as that sounds, I wouldn't be shocked.

From Dr. Drew’s interrogation tape with Jodi’s mom:

Jodi’s friends would call her mom in the middle of the night telling her that Jodi had been freaking out and Jodi needed help.

Jodi’s mom did NOT state, “Oh, no. My daughter could never kill anyone.” Her mom knows that Jodi is dangerous.

How about when her mother says that she came home from "Utah" normal and asks how could someone do something like that and act normal.

I think they're going to have more. If you get HLN channel, watch now. Well, I'm on the Pacific Coast, so don't know about other areas.

JMHO
fran

PS... if you don't get dr. drew, try googling his website. Maybe he'll have something there

I'm watching on the website. DD said they were queueing up Dad's interview.

Yes, she said when she came back home she acted normal. Normal for Jodi is not our normal though and I think her mom knows it too.

No telling what she has put her parents through.

IMO
bbm
We can make an educated guess though. She hit and kicked her mom, so she was violent. She is pathological liar, so she lied at home continuously. She possibly killed their dog, so she was potentially homicidal. She was having scary outbursts that frightened people that she knew, so she was likely melting down at home too. She also stole from her family.

Jodi was "the child from Hell".

http://www.livenewschat.tv/twoon/ (not the best stream but works for me).

And Jodi's father interviewed is coming up!

WE cannot miss that although this will be very sad.

I think they're going to have more. If you get HLN channel, watch now. Well, I'm on the Pacific Coast, so don't know about other areas.

JMHO
fran

PS... if you don't get dr. drew, try googling his website. Maybe he'll have something there

I wanted to like ALV, I reallly did, but I just can't believe she is testifying to abuse of Jodi by Travis and in such an oblique way! Through Jodi's interview with her, Jodi's journals and a few emails and the jury doesn't even get to SEE those emails! Un-effin-believable!

I actually feel BETRAYED by ALV. She is a mental health professional, someone who should be trusted by her clients, someone who should help them work through their issues and help guide them to healthier behavior. If you are seeing a shrink, you NEED to trust that shrink! I can see myself pouring my heart out to her and believing what she says to me. I would try to follow her advice because she knows what's best. I would TRUST her. If I were a client of hers and then I saw her testifying in this trial, I would be horrified! I would feel as if either a) she doesn't know what she's talking about (and therefore is unqualified to help ME), or b) she's a sellout who would twist ANYTHING for the right price and probably doesn't CARE about helping ME (and might sell out ME).

JMO
Dont hang me, but I think she was lying too to the police. I think there were numerous chances for her to get Jodi the help she needed, and she chose to cast her aside and keep the "problem" away. I think she was minimizing to the officer all the times she knew Jodi had serious issues and she kept ignoring them because it would disrupt her life. It was much easier to just tell Jodi to stay away.

It was just an impression I got as I felt the Mom was trying to convince the officer that she was "shocked and surprised" that it could have gotten this bad.

Sorry, but I dont buy it. I think it was much more serious than that and she knew it for a very long time, and did nothing.

I am not saying that she had any legal responsibility to provide any help, but I am saying that I think there were many more signs and issues that happened, than she made it sound like.

But I do agree she is a victim too, to some extent. No doubt a victim too.

You got all that out of a one minute or less clip of her mother?

I think she tried to survive like all family members do when having to deal with a psychopath. She was probably fearful of her daughter too.

From what I have read it is horrific for family members when they have a psychopath as a child.

She seemed more honest and truly distraught in the one minute clip than her daughter did on the stand for 19 days.

Jodi's dad had to be hospitalized that day,
I am scared to watch!

JA was and IS an emotional terrorist. She started at home at a young age, I'm quite sure. I'm not sure we will ever know how many people this woman victimized. :twocents:

NG is talking about JA acting like a cat that swallowed the canary

OT
A month ago I adopted a kitty (Violet), rescued from a snow collapsed, no heat shelter in West Virginia and taken to a Conn. no kill shelter 3 days after Hurricane Sandy. Tomorrow, I am adopting her sister, Daphne. Both are severely traumatized, extremely fearful and shy...
Tomorrow Violet & Daphne will be reunited, finally have stability, a furr-ever loving family, a warm and cozy home with window seats to watch birdies, chipmunks and squirls.

Tomorrow... will be a good day.

:yourock:

Lots of talk on twitter that today was a bad day for The State. I don't see it. :waitasec:

I think it sucks Dr Drew is airing these tapes of Jodi's parents. THEY are not on trial. JODI is.

Jodi was a grown assed 27 year old ADULT when she chose to murder Travis. Her parents are not responsible.

How about when her mother says that she came home from "Utah" normal and asks how could someone do something like that and act normal.

I wonder what her mom considers "normal".

I wanted to like ALV, I reallly did, but I just can't believe she is testifying to abuse of Jodi by Travis and in such an oblique way! Through Jodi's interview with her, Jodi's journals and a few emails and the jury doesn't even get to SEE those emails! Un-effin-believable!

I actually feel BETRAYED by ALV. She is a mental health professional, someone who should be trusted by her clients, someone who should help them work through their issues and help guide them to healthier behavior. If you are seeing a shrink, you NEED to trust that shrink! I can see myself pouring my heart out to her and believing what she says to me. I would try to follow her advice because she knows what's best. I would TRUST her. If I were a client of hers and then I saw her testifying in this trial, I would be horrified! I would feel as if either a) she doesn't know what she's talking about (and therefore is unqualified to help ME), or b) she's a sellout who would twist ANYTHING for the right price and probably doesn't CARE about helping ME (and might sell out ME).

I felt the first day that this woman was very biased.

I don't feel betrayed by her since I am a female who is also an abuse survivor but if I was a male I sure would. It is obvious that she thinks all victims are females and all abusers are males. To believe that ignorance and stereotypical thinking in 2013 or promote it is reprehensible and a slap in the face to the thousands of males who are abused every year by dangerous females.

IMO

Sitting here watching her mom, I am not sure how I feel about it. I remember watching someone elses mom and look what happen. I sit and watch her mom laugh in the court room. This is something her daughter did and no concern for the victim. I don't want to say anything bad here.

Can we at least give her the benefit of the doubt until we see more video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ