trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She knows what she is talking about when it comes to a genuinely abusive relationship, at least she did thirty years ago.

WHERE IS THE ABUSE IN THIS CASE?

Where is any evidence of a threat to Arias' life - either verbal or physical?

She can sit up there and dance with Wilmott, spinning and weaving the meaning of texts, emails and journals until the cows come home.

There is nothing that suggests Arias should have reason to fear for her life on June 4th!

BBM

They're home.

PostPartyCow_zps9c8ab118.jpg

It's time for her to stop now.

I disagree. This woman knows what she's talking about. She's giving a lot of detail about the dynamics of an abusive relationship. I'm surprised this is not resonating with more women here. I'm thinking that women still can not recognize abuse which is why it is still so rampant.

But, like she says, the abuser masks the behavior until the relationship is somewhat established, then the victim, rather than recognizing a red flag, makes excuses for it, and the die is cast.

If one woman on the jury was in an abusive relationship, or witnessed one, they will know what she is talking about.

IMO

I grew up in a home with a father who was controlling & abusive with my mother. I was also in a relationship similar to Jodi's with a man whose faith meant that I was never marriage material & I let myself be used. Of course we can identify with the very simplistic ways in which men control women, but that sort of knowledge has been around for decades. She generalises gender roles, as I also have experience of a female family member who was extremely abusive to her partner & children and used the fact that she was the mother to keep custody of the children & alienate the father. She also used those children to punish the father. Remember courts even now rarely give custody to the father. A few years later this situation had a tragic ending, so yes I have experience of abusive relationships & it is exactly this which makes me see Alyce's testimony for the mumbo jumno it is.

But won't some on the jury believe she is describing Jodi more than Travis?

I agree. It's a double edged sword. But, usually in an abusive relationship you can look at the one acting the craziest and that is the victim. I wonder if she'll say that.

IMO

could someone please give me the date of the baseball game she had to get driven "all the way back" (19 miles per online maps) from? was it on his bday? did they mention the exact date?

They covered this ON IS today -- I watched a little of it, but mostly I watched other pgms....

And ALV did say it was on his birthday -- she went to the game, called him to pick her up, he refused, so she called her friend who picked her up & took her to TA's house. (She gets it any way she can, I guess...)
icon8.gif

That is a great question.

However, the way the average man's mind works is such that it would be difficult to pass up an opportunity for sex if the woman was making it hard (no pun intended) to say no thanks. It certainly seemed like TA was close to shutting her out on the sex front but may have succumbed to a biological urge.

ITA, and I think it's actually important in figuring out what actually happened that day (NOT important in what did happen, nor why, nor premed, nor in what should happen to JA..) but just in trying to figure out what she actually might have done that day.

My husband has always said that TA was afraid of her at some point, and didn't want her there. And that he possibly just had sex with her figuring that's the only way she would leave and maybe leave him alone. So TA was "willing", but not willing at the same time, if that makes sense

That is a great question.

However, the way the average man's mind works is such that it would be difficult to pass up an opportunity for sex if the woman was making it hard (no pun intended) to say no thanks. It certainly seemed like TA was close to shutting her out on the sex front but may have succumbed to a biological urge.

You answered far more diplomatically than my husband. His answer when asked if there came a point when someone was too crazy to have sex with was "no".

The amount of days the DT has taken with their witnesses shows the Law of Attraction doesn't work. Ugh....I'll be scanning the threads looking for confirmation of JM starting cross. I can't take this woman blathering on and on on direct any more.

Forgetting for a moment the nature of the Q&A and so on, I wonder how JD will come across to the jurors. There are not a lot of senior citizens on the jury IIRC, and there is an impression that RS (certainly) and ALV (possibly) are stuck in 1980 to some extent. I expect JM will get JD to make the point that at least Samuels may have been great in his day, but that was a generation ago and he hasn't kept up to date. The same is true to some extent with ALV.

Her testimony imo will be a highlight in the rebuttal case. I am going to be very interested on the psych eval she gave and it's results. Imo a personality disorder is gonna be back on the menu.

could someone please give me the date of the baseball game she had to get driven "all the way back" (19 miles per online maps) from? was it on his bday? did they mention the exact date?

It was supposedly July 28, 2007. Chase Field, Phoenix. Arizona & Atlanta. Game started at 12:55pm and was 3hrs 8min in duration. She would have been home around 5pm.

I think that whole story is a crock too.

MOO

I could handle being around her as long as that stun belt is wrapped around whatever, but I would sure want the controller for it as well. Since you understand my twisted humor, you can imagine what would then take place...:floorlaugh:
You mean...kinda like THIS?

[video=youtube;5eMDGh01K0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eMDGh01K0g[/video]

I hope she's even more deflated and droopy today. I hope she's feeling the consequences of sitting on a witness stand regurgitating the words of a vile, cunning psychopathic murderer.

Don't hold your breath though.... IMO this woman is more of a narcissist than Jodi. Watch her every time she is asked a question- she turns to the Jury, gives one of those instant smiles, then launches into her speech and I'm sure she thinks they are fascinated by her insights.

Good morning WS'ers.....I don't know if I can handle another day of direct of this woman, how she can sit there with a straight face, describe every single behavior of Jodi, but attribute it to Travis is beyond me. I just don't understand it. I wonder how much she is being paid.

Everything she is relaying through her testimony comes from Jodi. A known and proven liar. How can any professional with a conscience twist behaviors like that?

LaViolette's pay rate for forensic analysis is $250 per hour for research, and $300 per hour for expert testimony.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/26/who-abuser-jodi-arias-trial

They're paying her to re-tell Jodie's story in a kinder, gentler manner, whilst dipping it in :waitasec: professionalism...nonetheless it's still complete an utter BS!

I hope she's even more deflated and droopy today. I hope she's feeling the consequences of sitting on a witness stand regurgitating the words of a vile, cunning psychopathic murderer.

We can all wish that but I think ALV believes the insanity that she is spewing. There's something definitely not right in that woman's head.

I don't think Travis knew the extent of Jodi's mental instability and she convinced she was not a bad person. She "stopped by" as "friend" because she was on her way to Utah to see RB. He got sucked in with her manipulative ways to act out the "fantasy"- he unfortunately obliged. moo

I've mentioned this before, but another poster had what I think is a pretty good theory:

Jodi calls Travis several times and finally leaves a message that she wants to apologize for whatever it is she did. Travis calls her back. She says she nearby and can she please stop by and apologize in person? She's just so, so sorry. Travis, being a decent guy and hoping that ending on a positive note will get her to just move on, agrees. She gets there, apologize profusely. Big hug. Hug leads to more -- she knows how to do this because she'd done it before. And so on.

Anagrammy has said she thinks this theory is unlikely because, if Travis had confessed to his bishop, there's no way he would agree to ever see her. So this theory isn't perfect. But it is one possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome