trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
could someone please give me the date of the baseball game she had to get driven "all the way back" (19 miles per online maps) from? was it on his bday? did they mention the exact date?

Forgetting for a moment the nature of the Q&A and so on, I wonder how JD will come across to the jurors. There are not a lot of senior citizens on the jury IIRC, and there is an impression that RS (certainly) and ALV (possibly) are stuck in 1980 to some extent. I expect JM will get JD to make the point that at least Samuels may have been great in his day, but that was a generation ago and he hasn't kept up to date. The same is true to some extent with ALV.

Good morning WS'ers.....I don't know if I can handle another day of direct of this woman, how she can sit there with a straight face, describe every single behavior of Jodi, but attribute it to Travis is beyond me. I just don't understand it. I wonder how much she is being paid.

Everything she is relaying through her testimony comes from Jodi. A known and proven liar. How can any professional with a conscience twist behaviors like that?

BBM I'm assuming you mean championing a defendant who claims her victim was a pedophile.

No--I don't have the link but it was posted here--Dr. Samuels offered expert testimony in a court case involving a child molester. He opined that the guy was no longer a threat, no longer a pedophile. Yeah.:furious:

I am trying to find out the date of the baseball game, I think I posted it in the wrong place. If anyone knows the exact date please let me know. was it 7/9/07?

Good morning WS'ers.....I don't know if I can handle another day of direct of this woman, how she can sit there with a straight face, describe every single behavior of Jodi, but attribute it to Travis is beyond me. I just don't understand it. I wonder how much she is being paid.

Everything she is relaying through her testimony comes from Jodi. A known and proven liar. How can any professional with a conscience twist behaviors like that?

I hope she's even more deflated and droopy today. I hope she's feeling the consequences of sitting on a witness stand regurgitating the words of a vile, cunning psychopathic murderer.

She can sit up there and dance with Wilmott, spinning and weaving the meaning of texts, emails and journals until the cows come home.
!

I am having a literal visual of this in my head right now....sort of like an interpretive dance . I needed a giggle this morning...Ty!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BBM - Perhaps they didn't like the tone of the juror questions (duh) and figured a bunch of them had to be coming from her.

No one knows what juror submits what questions. There's no way for either side to know. Juror questions are totally anomous for the obvious reason - so neither side can figure out which jurors may be swaying their way or vice versa. That's why the judge asks those questions of the witness so that neither side can even see the handwriting and somehow figure out which juror asked what questions.

Whatever it was that #5 did or said was discovered when the judge interviewed them all which is why the defense filed the motion over the weekend to request the judge either declare a mistrial or excuse that juror. That juror HAD to have done something that caused the judge to decide there was sufficient misconduct enough to dismiss her. Neither the prosecution nor the defense has the power to have a juror dismissed for no legitimate reason. That's not to say that #5 did anything horrible or intensionally or for any other nefarious reason, and I have no problem believing at this point that whatever it was that she did she didn't think was anything bad or didn't realize was something that she wasn't allowed to do to the point of being dismissed. I feel bad for her since she was obviously upset about being dismissed and probably feels really embarrassed about it. Hopefully, this incident will cause the rest of the jurors to be really diligent in not overstepping and take their admonitions VERY seriously.

There are plenty of alternate jurors to take her place, and we don't even know if she would have been picked to deliberate as one of the 12 that will be chosen anyway. I hardly think it matters since I don't see a single juror that would find Jodi not guilty. Even the defense knew that going into this trial and they're really only fighting to keep Jodi from getting the DP.

ALV's office reports that they are still implementing their upgrade from Pony Express to telegraph.

None of those new-fangled singing telegrams yet, mind you, just the paper version.

Exemplar for your 'edification':

TELEGRAM_zps79e2f90b.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Did anyone see the information they were giving out on Jodi and her jail house behavior last night on the new HLN show at 10:00? I don't watch it but I turned it on when they were talking about her misconduct in jail. I had to laugh at that.....she likes her pens. Guess she's not the model prisoner I thought they were trying to say she was.

Unless she thinks of pens as a weapon if needed, her fear of being without one means something. But what?

I understand what you're saying and agree up to a point. I think Mormonism plays a role in understanding why Travis behaved the way he did, why he didn't want to marry her, and so forth. For that reason, it's important.

Don't you think that perhaps MOST men -- Mormon or not -- would not want to marry a "wild for sex" girl like Jodi?

I think it's VERY true that many men can and do enjoy sex with a promiscuous woman but not want her for a long term relationship or marriage. I think while men are hard wired to spread their seed around, they are are also biologically wired to avoid promiscuous women for marriage. Why? To avoid the risk of raising and providing for a child who is not biologically their own due to a cheating wife. I'm no expert but have read things about this.

Women who sleep around or who present as nymphos will appear, to most men, less suited for a serious relationship. There are always exceptions, but on the whole, women who engage in too much sex too soon are doing themselves a huge disservice if what they want is marriage or a committed relationship. If ALL a woman wants is s-e-x then being too eager for sex or promiscuous is a good way to get that. But it's usually not a good way to get a husband. When I was younger, I had single male friends tell me if they could have sex with a woman right away, they'd lose interest and move on to the next woman.

could someone please give me the date of the baseball game she had to get driven "all the way back" (19 miles per online maps) from? was it on his bday? did they mention the exact date?
July 28 2007
GA Braves at AZ Diamondbacks
Diamondbacks won 4/3

You don't have to read her book to leave a review. The review is of her professional testimony on the stand in this case.

I research the author before I buy a nonfiction book offering expertise. If I'm a battered woman looking for books to help me, I would want to know what kind of experience and world view the author has.

If the author was a 21 year old male with a BS in Psychology, I'm not interested in his books--he does not have the education or experience needed to be a professional in the field

This is the same thing. ALV is championing a woman who terrorized, stalked and murdered a man. She is demonizing a dead man by calling him a pedophile.

IF Dr. Samuels ever wrote a book, I also would not buy it based on his testimony championing a PEDOPHILE.

JMO

I was very put off with her in the beginning when she said she sent books to Jodi and a subscription. In the hands of a normal person it would probably have been alright but even then if you are expert evaluating it seems wrong to send them "crib notes" on what is victim behavoir. In Jodi's hands it became the information she needed to tailor her journals and her "memories" to fit with domestic violence. The only reason I can think for ALV to have taken this case is money...plain and simple.

I am trying to find out the date of the baseball game, I think I posted it in the wrong place. If anyone knows the exact date please let me know. was it 7/9/07?
BBM
No that is the defendant's birthday.
ALV testified it was on Travis' birthday, which was July 28.

It was on Travis b'day which I think is 7/28

The only thing I know was it was on Travis's birthday.

My jaw dropped to the floor when my husband said he thought JA was good looking as a blonde. Despite everything he's heard during the trial, he still thinks it. :what:

Is that abuse? I should make an appt with ALV. :floorlaugh:

First make him an appointment with an optometrist!!!!

After seeing the interrogation tapes of the parents, i wonder if they were truthful , or if they had gotten togther on getting an insanity/ unstable plea for JA. I think JA had a psych eval and must have been ruled ok to stand trial, otherwise she would have had an insanity plea. :twocents:

I'm a little far behind but I had to take this snippet out.

I believe there's a difference between having mental issues and being too insane to face trial.

I believe a narcissist has mental disorders (MOO) but could still stand trial.

Just because someone has mental issues doesn't mean they are insane.

:moo:

TA's birthday in July 07 iirc, so soon after Jodi had moved to Mesa and moved in with Rachel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3